• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 10 |OT| Siri, you're free

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkgoo

I'm going to be sliding to unlock, cursing, and then hitting the home button for the next two months.

While it will take some getting used to you can still sort of do it by swiping on one of the widgets on the lock screen. It will take you to that app though.

Pachimari

I just need to know if I can sort the multi-tasking apps in any order, because that would get me to update to iOS 10.

I'm talking about this:

vklqIvD.jpg

ColdPizza

Banned
I actually like the new unlock. I thought that the fingerprint reader was too fast and lots of times I just want to make up my phone without unlocking and it would almost always unlock.

RDreamer

I think I hate this update. No change so far has me thinking it could be cool and almost everything is questionable to bad.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)

What the fuck?

This is now the only way to flip pages while using iBooks vertically on the iPad.

If you want to have the text to be displayed normally on a single full page you're forced to use continuous scrolling mode.

...why?

edit: this only happens on the smallest font size. Whew. Crisis averted.

Rated-G

can anyone think of the reason why my friend can send me message effects, bubble effect, and reactions, but I can't send them to her? she can even see the effect when she sends it on her end. Confirmed that reduce motion is off.

I'm having this exact same issue, if I sent to her, I see the animation but she gets (sent with Slam Effect). If SHE sends, we both see the animation. Both of us have reduce motion off... so what gives? Anyone know why this happens?

mrkgoo

Fuck this! this update eats my battery super fast!

Normally at this time I would be around 90% but now Im at 66%!

FUCK!

Give a while. For one you're probably playing with it a bit more than usual, and second, the phone may be doing things in the background after update, such as indexing, tidying up some stuff. It could also be setting a few things up, like some of the more intelligent features, it's doing some learning.

It probably WILL be more of a power drain than previous OS, but do give it a bit of time to settle in.

ElNarez

Banned
Maps might be my favorite redesign. So fresh.

It looks great, but it doesn't do public transportation where I am, which is a pretty huge dealbreaker, especially considering Google Maps does it.

There's other small bummers, like the fact I can't use SwiftKey when typing from lock screen. But it's been running smooth on my iphone 6, and I'm sure I'll get some use out of the new stuff.

Red

FUCK!
Same thing happened for me the first day I used the GM. Lost 50% with regular use in about two hours. After that it was fine. I assume the OS was doing something in the background.

epmode

Deleting stock apps seems pointless for me considering that it barely saves any space and I already dump the garbage I don't want into a single folder.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.

FUCK!

It's been draining the fuck out of my 6s battery all day. I've disabled background app refresh and other shit too, and it's still draining like crazy, even if I'm not using it.

AllenShrz

humm.... something is funny with my ipad pro..... After the update is showing me the icons to connect it to itunes.... did it just delete everything?

AllenShrz

Well fuck, now I need to restore my ipad pro and the battery of my 6s is being eaten alive.

Thanks
FUCK YOU
Apple!

Im done with their overpriced crap.

aparisi2274

Have a question for users on iOS10....

I updated my 6s tonight and after it was done, I went into iMessage and then to the message store and started to manage what apps I wanted to use with imessage. After I made my choices I went and started a conversation with a friend also on 10, and when I wanted to try one of these managed extensions, the only thing I saw was the app logo... For instance, I have GIPHY and all I see if the GIF logo. Or when I try to use Fandango, all I see is the Fandango logo..

Am I Missing something here?

rubes7844

Banned
Well fuck, now I need to restore my ipad pro and the battery of my 6s is being eaten alive.

Thanks
FUCK YOU
Apple!

Have you never updated to a brand new iOS version? It happens all the time due to indexing. Take a chill pill

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Thanks
FUCK YOU
Apple!

Been running 10 for a few weeks and I haven't had any issue with the battery.

Hopefully you did a backup of your iPad Pro. I know many people have been having update issues with the latest update on various devices.

DJ88

Is anyone else not having the tapback feature display correctly? My friend is only seeing a text that says Questioned "(the text message)"

Thanks
FUCK YOU
Apple!

Now imagine the folks who don't have a Mac/PC to restore. I'm not AppleCare anymore but I have to imagine it was a very busy and stressful day for all parties involved.

RDreamer

Really hate the fact that I have like 90% empty artist bubbles in the Music app. Can't it fucking pick one of the albums for artwork?

AllenShrz

Been running 10 for a few weeks and I haven't had any issue with the battery.

Hopefully you did a backup of your iPad Pro. I know many people have been having update issues with the latest update on various devices.

My last back up is about 3 months old :/

My model is the 128 and backing all that takes ages with itunes.

Now Im restoring my ipad........very slowly...... fuck this.

aparisi2274

Is anyone else not having the tapback feature display correctly? My friend is only seeing a text that says Questioned "(the text message)"

If he has reduce motion turned on, he will not see any of the effects you send him in iMessage. Have him turn it off and then try again

Zutroy

Battery will be worse for the first few days when it's doing all the indexing, analyse photos etc. It'll settle after that and you should get the normal usage time as iOS 9.

SeanR1221

Ars Technica's writeup goes in-depth with every single thing. For instance: getting to the camera from the lock screen is now just a swipe to the right, and I just learned that and it's COOL.

Thanks! I've noticed some notifications rely on force touch and I can't just tap them to go to the app (inside the Notification Center). Kinda dumb/weird. I miss being able to just touch the Facebook messenger app notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom