• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 10 |OT| Siri, you're free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
If you press the home button once and keep you finger there you don't have to press it again btw, even if you don't enable "rest to open" in accessibility.

The Rizza

Couple things that have changed that I can't seem to find an option to get back. In notifications, is there no way no to have the contextual options that you used to have? Such as, for mail, you could have "mark as read" or "delete." Is there a way to group notifications by app? They seem to be individual and by time

Interfectum

Did the Game Center team shit in Cook's cereal or something. Seems so weird they just ripped it out like this. Tons of big games still use GC but the only way to access anything with it now is just in-game.

Eh, it's okay. My phone feels faster (6s Plus) and I like the new clicks on the keyboard and iMessage but the unlock functionality is not intuitive anymore and Apple Music still sucks. It was actually better before. I really don't know how they can't get this right.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Did the Game Center team shit in Cook's cereal or something. Seems so weird they just ripped it out like this. Tons of big games still use GC but the only way to access anything with it now is just in-game.
I figure they want to put that whole basket of work in the hands of developers to manage. All the APIs are still available, just the hub app that's been taken out.

"OpenFeint 2.0" now hooking into the GC APIs plus other new features would be neat I guess? Maybe.

Fliesen

Man this phone gets hot while charging now...anyone have this same issue? (6s+)

do you have a large photos library?
when locked + charged, the phone starts scanning your photos library for faces / places / memories.

btw, there's no "#images" in my iMessage list of apps. What gives?

Zero315

Banned
I feel like I'm going crazy when looking at reviews and stuff for this. I hate just about everything about this update. Everything feels like it requires one more extra step than it used to and all the new messenger features were just ripped from other services. The new notification windows and keyboard sounds also remind me a lot of Android.

Jeffrey

you know for something that most people just set a schedule, the nightshade button is REALLY BIG in the command center lol.

Interfectum

you know for something that most people just set a schedule, the nightshade button is REALLY BIG in the command center lol.

Yeah the button is ridiculous. This is just further proof Apple needs to let us decide what goes there as they are doing a shitty job of it.

iOS 10 made my iPad mini 2 a lot faster. The biggest negative IMO is the home screen. I loved swiping to the left and just entering my passcode. Pressing home and then pressing home to access the passcode screen is going to take some time to get used to,

I know that the built in camera can't shoot DNG RAW, But I thought the photos app could edit them? Editing and exporting somewhere else seems to indicate it converts it to JPG.
Taking a photo in a 3rd party app and directly exporting it does keep it as a DNG. Guess you need a 3rd party editing app as well?

I noticed they have removed some of the options for the battery settings. You can now only see the last 4 hours of usage for apps, as opposed to last 24 hours and last 7 days before. Am I missing something? This is super annoying to me.

I noticed they have removed some of the options for the battery settings. You can now only see the last 4 hours of usage for apps, as opposed to last 24 hours and last 7 days before. Am I missing something? This is super annoying to me.

It depends on how long you've been on the update. Over time you'll see the last 24 hours/7days as an option

Mine shows 12 hours (how long ago I did a clean install from beta to public release)

Also I remember just resting my thumb on the button to unlock. Changed the setting but I still have to physically press the button. Is this how it's suppose to work?

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
So apparently they got rid of the ability to define words?? Also can you not see now what song is going to play next in Apple Music??

Mistake

Gold Member
So apparently they got rid of the ability to define words?? Also can you not see now what song is going to play next in Apple Music??
You can still define words, it just changed to "look up" and provides additional language translations for whatever keyboards you have added. The downside of this is that it's now ugly, like the term "look up" vs "define." As for up next, you can swipe up from the bottom when a song is playing.

Enco

Just tested and wow!

There's a new 'Look up' feature that gets the definition and also does a load of other searches!

edit:

RtlFc1g.png

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Thank you for the help! I really appreciate. I think I prefer just wanting a dictionary definition, but I guess I will get used to this.

BunnyBear

I hate it. I have good eyes and like my text as small as possible, but the font size in some apps and the control screen is massive. I liked the sleek and thin fonts of ios9. Bah. Feels too Androidy, which I despise.

Milly79

Well, guess I'll put up with this for a few more days til my 7 arrives. I'm guessing iOS 10 bugged out somehow. Resetting network settings does nothing. If I lose service, which I do at my place of work, it simply will not reconnect half the time and the other half it shows I have signal, but can't do anything. Unforunte and frustrating. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom