• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 10 |OT| Siri, you're free

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkgoo

How do you make Safari open YouTube links directly in the YouTube app? I had this fixed before somehow.

Edit: Force touch a YouTube link and choose "Open in YouTube". Then Safari remembers this choice.

I don't have any comment on your actual issue, but just wanted to say I appreciate you asking a question and after resolving it, actually posting your resolution.

Thanks for that.

so many people post a problem then come back "never mind, fixed it". At that point you may as well post your solution as it may help someone else.

MrTexor

My current annoyance as someone who has a fair amount of HomeKit stuff: there's no way to work automation for multiple people. It'll only work for my phone as the "owner" of the home, and my girlfriend who I am sharing the home with is just shit out of luck. That seems crazy to me

you can definitely share your home. According to https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204893

You can invite others to control your accessories if they’re using iOS 10 and signed in to iCloud. To share control of your accessories, you need to be either in your home or have a home hub set up in your home.

Check that link for more information

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
These notification bubbles just seem like they're too big, kind of a theme for the changes in 10. They just feel a bit tacky compared to the old notification style.

I really dislike how everything looks on my iPad after updating. For one example, why are there two panels in Control Center when there's plenty of space to put all of the settings under one? Also, unlocking it with the Fingerprint sensor. + Home button now takes 2 presses compared to 1. I liked having my Notifications on one side of the screen and easy to view/access widgets on the left. Now I have to swipe twice to do the same thing. Seriously, who is Apple listening to for designing the look and accessibility of their OS?

I really dislike how everything looks on my iPad after updating. For one example, why are there two panels in Control Center when there's plenty of space to put all of the settings under one? Also, unlocking it with the Fingerprint sensor. + Home button now takes 2 presses compared to 1. I liked having my Notifications on one side of the screen and easy to view/access widgets on the left. Now I have to swipe twice to do the same thing. Seriously, who is Apple listening to for designing the look and accessibility of their OS?

https://9to5mac.com/2016/09/14/ios-...-change-is-setting-on-touch-id-iphones-ipads/

You can just press the home button once with your finger and hold it there to unlock, you don't have to press the button a second time.

Miker

This is kind of a stupid question, but tapping the Messages banner in the notifications pane is supposed to open Messages, right? Tapping on it doesn't seem to do anything - I can 3D touch to bring up the quick reply interface or swipe left to clear, but tapping on the actual thing doesn't take me to Messages. Is this a glitch or feature?

I don't have the default image/gif search app in iMessage. How can I add it? It's now showing up under the Manage tab.
Aldo, is there a way to group the notifications by app as in iOS9?

Skunkers

This is kind of a stupid question, but tapping the Messages banner in the notifications pane is supposed to open Messages, right? Tapping on it doesn't seem to do anything - I can 3D touch to bring up the quick reply interface or swipe left to clear, but tapping on the actual thing doesn't take me to Messages. Is this a glitch or feature?

I think you swipe em the other way.

bomma_man

They allow color tint in iOS 10, including red for night vision
red%2Btint%2Biphone%2Bios%2B10%2Btrick%2Bfor%2Bastronomy.JPG

Virtual Boy mode

I am pretty impressed with ios10. Like my phone feels faster. It does drain battery a bit faster but damn its much better. Notifications are a bit weird and I wish they had an option for organizing the notifications. Also opening folders is way better. I hated the animation for opening a folder. iOS 9 would zoom into the folder. This makes the folder come to you. Its better.

Miker

Tapping it works for me, but I'm on a 6+ and it sounds like you're on a 6S or 7, so I'm not sure if it's different for 3D Touch-enabled devices.

Just tested and tapping the notification doesn't open up the corresponding thread in Messages. I can swipe right (brings me to today view), swipe left (brings up option to clear), or 3D touch (brings up quick reply). Actually tapping the notification does nothing.

rekameohs

Banned
Just tested and tapping the notification doesn't open up the corresponding thread in Messages. I can swipe right (brings me to today view), swipe left (brings up option to clear), or 3D touch (brings up quick reply). Actually tapping the notification does nothing.
Yeah, I have the exact same behavior as you, on a 6S. Really wish I could go back to iOS 9 notifications.

tanooki27

why the flying fucknugget did they make "press home to open" the stock option? why the ding dang diggity would they feel that I'd want to press another goddamn button after getting used to the (nearly) press-free Touch ID unlock? Damn!

otherwise, loving it. I'm so tickled they changed the keyboard sound. puckery and satisfying.

Guess Who

Banned
For those curious about the new RAW capabilities in iOS 10 (available on the 6S/+, SE, and 7), there's a Reddit post comparing hand-edited RAW and phone-processed JPG from the 7+.

RAW
JPG

If you're willing to clean up the RAW pics yourself, it seems like you can get a seriously sharper image out of it.

Miker

Yeah, I have the exact same behavior as you, on a 6S. Really wish I could go back to iOS 9 notifications.

Huh, so it's a feature. I love the granularity you get w/ notifications using swipe vs. 3D touch, but it's so weird that they've left out the simplest interaction of all (a tap).

Jeffrey

why the flying fucknugget did they make "press home to open" the stock option? why the ding dang diggity would they feel that I'd want to press another goddamn button after getting used to the press-free Touch ID unlock? Damn!

otherwise, loving it. I'm so tickled they changed the keyboard sound. puckery and satisfying.

its to wear out your home button quicker so you can upgrade to the iphone 7 :^)

I tether my iPod 6 to my iPad Mini 4 all the time....... After updating they seem to lose connection randomly, is this happening in any other capacity?

RDreamer

why the flying fucknugget did they make "press home to open" the stock option? why the ding dang diggity would they feel that I'd want to press another goddamn button after getting used to the (nearly) press-free Touch ID unlock? Damn!

After a few days with the OS you'll start to understand why. I'll probably swap back once apps really update and make use of the notification system. The reason they swapped to pressing a button was so you could just do shit on the lock screen. You'd press to verify it's you, then do your stuff. If you wanted to go into the phone then you press. With just press turned on you almost never get to see the lock screen at all.

That's really odd.

On my 6+, tapping the notification opens the messages app, swiping up dismisses the notification, swiping down lets me respond without opening the app, and swiping left and right do nothing.

Miker

That's really odd.

On my 6+, tapping the notification opens the messages app, swiping up dismisses the notification, swiping down lets me respond without opening the app, and swiping left and right do nothing.

I thought so too, but rekameohs says he's having the same issue, so I think it's working as expected...?

How do you toggle shuffle in the music app? When I go into a playlist and select a song (and it starts playing) I can't find the shuffle button anywhere.

ctfg23

Earlier today I updated my mom's 6S+ and now she can't send/receive images to/from people with non-iOS devices. Does anyone know how to fix this?

longdi

Banned
My ipad4 seems to struggle a bit, i had to disable animations.
I hate to double tap on home to go past the lock screen.

I wonder if the darken colors and reduce white point helps to improve the old display?

Are Apple Music links opening in the iTunes Store app for anyone? It's like all links people share with me or vice versa will only open in the iTunes Store.

Voidance

I set up my wife's 7+ this afternoon and visual voicemail is gone. It calls in to the voice mailbox. I boot up her 6s on the same iOS version (10.0.1) and visual voicemail is there? Is this a bug that will fix itself or do I have to change some settings?

Came here to ask this. It's driving me nuts. Once I swiped right and it opened, now that just opens the widgets. So stupid that tapping does nothing

Link

The Autumn Wind
The worst change they made was that the keyboard doesn't automatically switch back to letters when you select a comma or apostrophe. What the hell were they thinking with this?

The worst change they made was that the keyboard doesn't automatically switch back to letters when you select a comma or apostrophe. What the hell were they thinking with this?

I truly believe that's a glitch because it only does that for me in Safari, not Messages

I set up my wife's 7+ this afternoon and visual voicemail is gone. It calls in to the voice mailbox. I boot up her 6s on the same iOS version (10.0.1) and visual voicemail is there? Is this a bug that will fix itself or do I have to change some settings?

You might try turning off Cellular Data in Settings->Cellular and back on. I was unable to use Personal Hotspot today on my 7 until I did that.

Ashhong

Did anybody else get Geekbench the other day? I missed the sale but bought it just now because I want to test my battery but I can't figure out how. Did they remove the ability? I can only test the CPU

Ashhong

My phone just randomly powered off at 20% and wouldn't come back on until I put it on charge. Smh.

I doubt that's an issue with the OS. Your battery is probably dying. I have the same issue and am getting it replaced tomorrow. It's just not dependable anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom