• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 7 | Flatness Is a Good Thing

Wonko_C

So the update is exactly the same as the gold master? Because I just downloaded that, but I'm afraid to install it. =P

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Right now I'm just frantically hopping from app to app, but I'm pleased with what I've seen so far. Everything looks pretty slick to me, outside of Gamecenter. The bubbles look goofy and are completely out of place. But I don't use Gamecenter that often, so whatever.

iTunes content finally being streamable is good news. 'Bout time, yo.

Hige

I'm legitimately upset at how awful this is (iPad 3). So slow.

I never bothered with the betas so I figured the new look might be better in action, but this is some fugly shit.

Is there any setting to get rid of the preview window above the multitasking icons? They're fucking slow and the app icons are further spaced out than in the old multitasking tray. It feels "pretty" and not practical. Maybe it works on other iOS devices that don't run like shit.

Majine

Banned
Any idea's on how to get names back?

5gUy2H1.png

Oh wow, I'm looking at my list and even tho the posters are there, that is a pretty big oversight.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
That's what mine was doing, but after the 3rd or 4th time it rebooted and started installing.

Lucky you, I've been at it for about 30 minutes and I just keep getting update unavailable every time.

Guess I'll just wait to do it when I get home and do it through itunes.

mrkgoo

Dammit. When i opened itunes (no update yet, just updating some apps), it asked for a new terms and agreements, so I checked the box and hit agree, but it timed out, saying try again later.

It let me download them anyway.

Is there any place I can recheck my agreement with terms and conditions to make sure it is done properly?

I continued to update my iPhone and got a 9006 error later :( so trying to redownload again now.

edit: dammit 9006 again

Wait, so iTunes won't recognize the update that I've already downloaded on my iPhone and needs to redownload it? Ugh. God damn it, Apple.

Desmond

After syncing with iTunes I see (most) artists now have a little image beside their name which is pretty cool. Still annoyed about the replacement to cover. Would love to be able to rearrange.

Is the Twitter update only live in the US? Usisng and iPod Touch 5G here if that makes a difference?

Heel

Honestly think the iPad should display more than 9 apps per swipe in a folder.

Also, where did the .com button go?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. Sorry to you guys not getting the update yet. Sucks.

2. I used to double-tap and then close most/all of my open programs for really quick navigation and app-switching. Now it pulls up in a neat form of a PC's alt-tab ... but I can't seem to close any of the open programs. What am I doing wrong?

3. Wallpaper not stretching and the old twitter button are the only two things that are really bugging me right now. Otherwise this is incredibly elegant and beautiful and overdue.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So do you just keep spamming "verify update" until it works or does it require a phone restart?

Spam away. That's what everyone else is doing, which is why we've been having problems with installation. I must have tried like, 20 times, so I guess I'm part of the problem.

SteveWD40

Done my mini, iPhone5 is in the process, didn't take long (UK here) and it runs fine on the Mini so far. I may need a new wallpaper though as the folders look weird on my current one.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
OMG! OMG! Newstand can be put into a folder.
Interesting thing is NewsStand is still an app, but it acts like a folder. It acts like a special folder that can still be inside a folder. When you open it and go into Task Manager, it doesn't get its own space and can't be quit, instead it shows up on the Home Screen thumbnail. It's a weird, but welcome change.
Everyone hates Newsstand. Do you guys not have digital magazine/newspaper subscriptions?
I have a MAD subscription. But that only works on iPad. On iPhone NS is useless if you use most magazines. (Since many don't bother to, or can't possibly make their content usable on iPhone.)

potam

Banned
2. I used to double-tap and then close most/all of my open programs for really quick navigation and app-switching. Now it pulls up in a neat form of a PC's alt-tab ... but I can't seem to close any of the open programs. What am I doing wrong?

Flick the app up

dorkimoe

if you guys are having any weird issues, just restart the phone once

I had to do that after the update to get weather to show up in the pull down

Branson

Set up my new super slim ps3 gtav bundle and transfering over my fat ps3 to that one it errors out after 3 hours and now ios7 and the itunes update errors if I try to install or download both. Its been a fantastic week.

SuperPac

Well I've never owned an Android device but I was informed by other channels it's done it for some time. I only noticed it this morning, randomly!

May've been pointed out but you can turn it off in Privacy / Location Services / System Services / Frequent Locations / switch it off. Or you can clear its history so it re-learns.

damn i should of never did a restore even though I was on the gm cause now I've been sitting for past two hours with no phone because fucking thing wont activate

FtsH

Any wallpaper recommendations? Whatever picture/photo I put it on seems ruining the beautiful UI design..

Xrenity

The 5 finger-back-to-homescreen-gesture-animation is pretty fucked up on iPad 2.

Still great though, esp. on iPhone 5.

Croc

Banned
Okay immediately after I updated I went to check my email, and whenever I go to select a bunch of emails to delete it automatically refreshes and unchecks everything before I can delete them.

What's going on

potam

Banned
Not sure if coincidence or not, but going through iTunes has my phone updating on one try, no errors.

Okay immediately after I updated I went to check my email, and whenever I go to select a bunch of emails to delete it automatically refreshes and unchecks everything.

What's going on

It's a new algorithm. It's predicting the future and knows you don't want to delete those.

Can't get iOS 7 on my iPod 4 since its, ya know, ancient 3 year old technology. Typical Apple. Its really annoying how the mobile industry has trained everyone to upgrade every two years. I'm not falling for that crap.

Top Bottom