• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 7 | Flatness Is a Good Thing

Heel

Well, goodbye Pandora. iTunes Radio is awesome so far. They have to be using all their user data to curate stations, right? It's like they know me, or something...lol.

dark_chris

no need. here’s what I had to do. manually download the ipsw file for your device, then hold option/alt on keyboard when hitting RESTORE (not update, when on beta) then restore to iOS 7 and use your latest backup to get back in business.

Thank You! It worked!

Shearie

Loving it so far. Not sure if this has been asked/answered yet, but can you no longer delete albums? I noticed you can delete songs by swiping to the left but you can't do it with artists. Am I missing it?

Not being able to delete albums or artists in the Music app is annoying. I sent some feedback to Apple to bring it back.

Started downloading ios7 around lunch. Install went flawlessly.

I'm at te point where I wonder how much more powerful hardware alone can get on phones. I remember ios 4 destroying my 3G but my iphone 5 is running smooth as hell

Just updated my iPad 3 - no major issues. I did have to reboot it once installed to get a smoother experience.

EDIT: Wait, no - changing wallpapers is SUPER laggy. But if that's the worst I run into...

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Has the iPhone keyboard always been just capitalised caps lock or not and I've never noticed, or has this update changed it and as such made it more obvious?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm officially announcing that I will always leave parralax motion off. Go to general>accessibility>reduce motion to do the same.

Started downloading. Got 3/4 and apparently the download failed. Now it's restarted the download and will take 23 hours to download. Lol, fuck off.

Enzom21

Has the iPhone keyboard always been just capitalised caps lock or not and I've never noticed, or has this update changed it and as such made it more obvious?

Yes, it has always been capitalized.

iphone-keyboard-normal.jpg

Link

The Autumn Wind
God dammit. The install was just about finished when iTunes froze for no good reason. Now my phone is stuck in recovery mode and I have to restore it first. What a pain in my ass.

Symphonia

Banned
I was on the iOS 7 GM. Should I be due an update?

Also, although it says its updated, I'm still seeing the old Twitter icon and design. What gives?

Ibuki

Banned

Also, although it says its updated, I'm still seeing the old Twitter icon and design. What gives?

I think it is exactly the same. I have pretty much the same question, and that is if I should even upgrade at all? I don't mind sticking with the GM if I can since it works fine.

Majine

Banned

No, the GM is the public release.

IIRC the automatic app update triggers when you charge your device, and have connection to a network.

You can just go in to the App Store and manually update if you want.

njean777

Try restarting your phone? Also I would wait to update, the servers are a bit fucked right now. Took me well over 100 tries to activate a fresh install.

Symphonia

Banned
You can just go in to the App Store and manually update if you want.
That's exactly what I did. I even deleted then reinstalled it. It has the new icon on the App Store but then I'm left with that horrible pre-iOS 7 icon. I want flatness all over my phone!

Iacobellis

I'm not feeling the look of this at all. Ugly as sin. Good updated features though.

It will probably grow on you. I really despised it when I intially had the beta in July, but now almost prefer it over iOS 6. The only thing I dislike Apple for about this redesign is effectively removing the unification iOS was starting to have with OS X.

cube444

Got it for my ipad 3. Nothing special so far. Trying to resize a pic for my wall paper is a chore.

Will delve deeper later on.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I use an app called PhotoMgrPro for all my photos. They are in a password protected folder in the app. With the new UI I get a prompt asking for my password, but no where to type it and the keyboard never comes up. So I can't access any of my photos.

The icons are super bright and colorful. Interface feels cheap.

TylerD

If only it updated the screen size to 4.5 inches. I just got a iPhone5 for work with my new job and I hate using it compared to my personal Lumia 920. I'll update to iOS 7 tonight and check it out.

Whogie

Had 5 updates, but the Update All was gray, so I reset the app store to make sure it was working right. Now I can't get the updates to appear at all.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Yep, I really can't say I like the new dock, visually on the iPhone 4 it looks like it is taking up quite a bit of the screen with just the blurry block, kind of wish they had just removed it at this point.

Otherwise can't say I have any problems with the update so far, the only thing I will really miss from having a JB iPhone is F.lux functionality, made using the phone at night so much nicer.

Yes, it has always been capitalized.

iphone-keyboard-normal.jpg

Heh, update has just made it obvious then with the style change, probably the colours more than the text.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Count me in as another person that isn't able to activate their phone. iTunes won't even connect to the Store. I hope I won't have to wait long for this. My phone is useless now.

bmdubya

Neo Member
Count me in as another person that isn't able to activate their phone. iTunes won't even connect to the Store. I hope I won't have to wait long for this. My phone is useless now.

Glad I'm not the only one that is having this problem. This really sucks. I was expecting a phone call later today. I guess I learned my lesson: don't update iOS software if you are expecting a phone call.

Arnie

God dammit. The install was just about finished when iTunes froze for no good reason. Now my phone is stuck in recovery mode and I have to restore it first. What a pain in my ass.

Did the same for me.

Really worried about my photos.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
So it downloaded and I started to install, and it popped up saying cant install so I unplugged it replugged it in and it started to restore and now itunes seems to be stuck on Verifying Iphone Restore and has been for ten+ minutes.

Should I just unplug and replug? The restore bar got all the way to the end too

ecurbj

Glad I'm not the only one that is having this problem. This really sucks. I was expecting a phone call later today. I guess I learned my lesson: don't update iOS software if you are expecting a phone call.

Guys, it's happening to me also.

Top Bottom