• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 7 | Flatness Is a Good Thing

Vyer

Pretty sure that's not the case. I have 898 MB of photos in my Photo Stream, and only 35 MB in my camera roll. Yet I still have 3.2 gigs of messages? That doesn't make sense. I'm assuming videos are somehow taking up that space, and I can't find those.

Have you ever restored your phone as new? I want to say this is an old bug that's been fixed but still would not have cleared the old cache, but I could be wrong about that. Any restore as new since then would prob clear that old cache.

mjc

I downloaded it fine but it's not letting me install it now, getting this message.

Software Update Unavailable
Software Update is not available at this time. Try again later.

Same thing here. I'll try it again in a while.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
If its for iphone i could understand i guess register with the cellular network.

but man, ipod touch? i just want to copy some music to my touch dude.

Nori Chan

Just wanted to say that I absolutely love this update. It's so beautiful and I had absolutely no problems updating. I went to delete some apps for space and downloaded the update at 10:07 am and it only took 30 minutes through my slow ass wifi. I went out to get a haricut and came back with a new iPhone 5.

I do have a question, why is the bluetooth signal on? I never had it on or use a bluetooth, is that now for gps locations?

Lo-Volt

Luckily, upgrading over the air was uneventful. I lucked out! Jarring, but very interesting so far. Its color scheme is positively raucous. I'm looking forward to playing more with 7 as time goes on, but it's making a good first impression. I do feel a little less pressure to retire my 4S because it seems to place nicely with the new OS so far (and because the 5s would be an added shock in an expensive quarter and, oh, it's apparently supply-constrained beyond belief).

Weenerz

Banned
Get this when I plug my ipad into my computer to activate it, ugh.

Psozx7P.png

When the ipad isn't connected, itunes store works fine.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
7 Hours remaining to download?
iMSzm2WzQ0cdo.gif

Ovek

7Member7
Remember people "It just works!" or not especially in the case of Apples server infrastructure. ;)

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
No Apple apps have been updated yet. iBooks update was just a compatibility update; I'm sure it'll be updated down the line with a completely new look (white on white probably) since it's one of the biggest offenders in the Skeumorphic front.

I'm dissapointed that Whatsapp hasn't been updated. The app works in iOS 7 but it has a large grey gap between the icons at the bottom and the chat window. It's annoying.
I'm picturing iBooks ends up looking like NewsStand. With the transparent white shelves peering into the wallpaper behind it. If only for consistency. I mean if they're gonna remove the shelves from one app, better do it for all of them.

I remember when Skeumorphism was awesome. Delicious Library made a big deal out of its realistic shelf design. Heck, even the original Notepad app on System 1 looked more like a notepad than Notes does now.

notepad.gif

Dat skeumorphism! Look at that page corner fold!

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
My update downloaded, but I think the verification servers are dead. I keep trying to install but it times out during the "Verifying Update" pop up and I get a "Software Update Unavailable - Software Update is not available at this time. Try Again later." error.

Dartastic

Have you ever restored your phone as new? I want to say this is an old bug that's been fixed but still would not have cleared the old cache, but I could be wrong about that. Any restore as new since then would prob clear that old cache.
I haven't. I'd still keep all my contacts and whatnot, wouldn't I? Those would be input back in the phone back with a simple sync, right?

multivac

Man, having calendar events AND reminders show up in the notifications is making me consider rethinking my task management workflow AGAIN. With third party apps that tie into iCloud calendars and reminders, of course, since the Apple apps are pretty ugly and featureless.

sirap

i was on the beta, do i need to do anything to upgrade to the final build? software update says im up to date but its been ages since i last updated.

i was on the beta, do i need to do anything to upgrade to the final build? software update says im up to date but its been ages since i last updated.

About half an hour after I updated to iTunes 11.1 it showed me an available update. I'm also on beta (6).

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I haven't. I'd still keep all my contacts and whatnot, wouldn't I? Those would be input back in the phone back with a simple sync, right?
As long as you have your device set up to sync with either iCloud or your Mac then it'll put everything back when you restore. As long as you connect it to your Apple ID.

I remember when I bought my 4S from Radio Shack and the guy offered to put my contacts on it for me. (I switched from Android, but own a Mac, iPad and iPod at the time) I said no thanks. All that stuff was synced before I even left the store automatically.

FtsH

If this slows my iPhone 4 down to an unacceptable level I will buy iPhone 5S..

Please kill my iPhone 4...please...I just need a reason...

BlueWord

This shit is running very slowly on my iPhone 5. Off to a rough start. I had high hopes, too. Hopefully there's some optimization incoming.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
It's gone from seven hours to twelve. Will just leave my laptop on overnight and sort shit out in the morning

Apple should have done a gradual rollout to avoid this stuff, or at least transferred some of there servers to ios. My itunes update downloaded in two minutes!

The additions to it are htrat, the swipe up task bar, the new multitasking thing, swipe down for the search bar, notification centre, pages on folders etc. But the colour scheme itself is ghastly.

I tried to change the colour (Invert) and didn't think Apple would actually be stupid enough to invert every single colour on the phone. I don't understand it, its horrible.

Vyer

Restore as new would bring back contacts when you sign in with your AppleID (provided you have them backed up to iCloud) but yes, apps and music (unless you use iTunes Match which makes your iTunes library available as soon as you log in like iCloud does for contacts ) would have to be resynced/downloaded. Restore as New is a fresh install of the OS.

Top Bottom