• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 7 | Flatness Is a Good Thing

VeeP

Guys some help would be great...

So I'm currently in India and my internet is slow. So I decided to download the iOS 7 GM from a torrent thinking it'd be faster. It was and the download was fairly quick.

I then downloaded it and updated my phone, but on the "active your phone" page it didn't work. It said please connect to itunes or try again later. On connecting to itunes it says I needed to download itunes 11.1 so I did.

Finally, when I plug in my phone with 11.1, iTunes tries to connect to the store but fails. Any ideas on what to do :/.

Edit: Never mind, I restored the phone in DFU mode and the tried like twice and it finally worked. Hooray :).

Mr Swine

Banned
Took me less than an hour to install it, really happy so far :D

Also can someone please confirm that gifs now run at full speed on iOS 7 compared to the previous iOS? Seen one run at full speed :D

Croc

Banned
Not sure if coincidence or not, but going through iTunes has my phone updating on one try, no errors.

It's a new algorithm. It's predicting the future and knows you don't want to delete those.

You're probably right. That iTunes email telling me about King's of Leon's new album is going to come in handy one day.

peetfeet

im going to try download directly off a mirror but unsure which to download. I have a UK iPad 3 with 3g (A1430) do i download the ATT or Verizon version? Thanks for any info.

It just finally worked for me after about 25 or 30 tries. If you are getting an error trying to download iTunes, you can just download it off of Apple's website.

Can't get iOS 7 on my iPod 4 since its, ya know, ancient 3 year old technology. Typical Apple. Its really annoying how the mobile industry has trained everyone to upgrade every two years. I'm not falling for that crap.

You know nothing of the pain of a first gen iPad owner. They abandoned that device the second the iPad 2 was released.

Takes too long to wake from sleep, getting in-and-out of apps is more slow and clunky.

Seems like an obvious forced upgrade tactic.

Either that or they got overzealous on the effects and someone is stupid for not catching this in focus testing.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Wait, how do I get my weather to show up in my notification center? I checked that tray all the time. Do I have to open up my app every time in iOS?

That's what mine was doing, but after the 3rd or 4th time it rebooted and started installing.

Same with me.. but maybe 12 times in a row until it restarted..

Just keep trying guys

Can't wait. if I like ios 7 I might switch from android to iphone..

updating my ipad 2 now

Takes too long to wake from sleep, getting in-and-out of apps is more slow and clunky.

Seems like an obvious forced upgrade tactic.

Either that or they got overzealous on the effects and someone is stupid for not catching this in focus testing.
The animations are the same speed no matter the device. Weird interpretation.

isny

napkin dispenser
Downloads to about 90% and then crashes, ugh, can't even finish the download letalone install the thing.

Loving it so far. Not sure if this has been asked/answered yet, but can you no longer delete albums? I noticed you can delete songs by swiping to the left but you can't do it with artists. Am I missing it?

LCfiner

Any iOS 7 impressions for the iPad mini?

runs very well.

only issues of some slight slowness that I see now

opening up the bookmark bar folders - the floating animation is kinda slow.

choosing wallpapers has a couple second delay.

haven’t noticed any other speed issue with other built in apple apps.

dark_chris

I'm trying to update from the beta to the final. I tried on iTunes but said I don't have permission to do that. The hecks... Should I downgrade from beta to 6.1.4 then try again? I'm thinking that...

BlueWord

Restart your 5 or maybe do a restore, because that would be odd. It runs very smoothly on a 5.

What do you mean with "slow"? Until beta 6 it was running perfectly fine. Did they mess up something?

There was a 5-10 second delay between any keyboard input, including lockscreen, and it being recognized. I did a reset on all settings and that appears to have fixed the problem. But it was very noticeable, and there was no problem prior to updating.

runs very well.

only issues of some slight slowness that I see now

opening up the bookmark bar folders - the floating animation is kinda slow.

choosing wallpapers has a couple second delay.

haven’t noticed any other speed issue with other built in apple apps.

Awesome, thank you!

LCfiner

I'm trying to update from the beta to the final. I tried on iTunes but said I don't have permission to do that. The hecks... Should I downgrade from beta to 6.1.4 then try again? I'm thinking that...

no need. here’s what I had to do. manually download the ipsw file for your device, then hold option/alt on keyboard when hitting RESTORE (not update, when on beta) then restore to iOS 7 and use your latest backup to get back in business.

breakfuss

I keep trying to update (already downloaded OTA), but it spends minutes 'verifying' only to shoot back the following:

"Software Update is not available at this time. Try again later."

CyReN

how do i get the calendar list view back? (left picture)

13.06.17-Calendar-5.jpg

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Has anyone gotten a message upon installing at the "Hello" screen that says something about a server not being trusted? I'm on verizon and it said something like myvz.com

number11

Did they remove the album grid view in the iPad music app?

Also, for some reason all my album tracks are in a random order,

bmdubya

Neo Member
If you are having problems updating over the air, plug in your device to a computer and update through that. Spent an hour trying to update on my phone, only to get "Software Update is not available" or something. Plugged it into a computer, and it is installing now.

Top Bottom