• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 7 | Flatness Is a Good Thing

barnone

I am typing crazy good with this keyboard. And I love iTunes Radio, the top 100 playlist helps me listen to new music (like super new) and the tuner between variety and discovery is great for me too.

I haven't had any issues thus far.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Don't like how the navigation bar disappears in safari. You can get it back immediately by tapping the bottom of the screen, but I'd like an 'always visible' option. Maybe there is?

Don't like how the navigation bar disappears in safari. You can get it back immediately by tapping the bottom of the screen, but I'd like an 'always visible' option. Maybe there is?

Or just scroll up.

Why dont you like auto hide? I like it because it lets me see more of the site im on. Im glad Chrome has done it for a while.

Teppic

I thinks it's weird how it "disappears" if you scroll down, but appears again when you scroll up. Stay hidden or make it always visible I say.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
God dammit. The install was just about finished when iTunes froze for no good reason. Now my phone is stuck in recovery mode and I have to restore it first. What a pain in my ass.
Did the same for me.

Really worried about my photos.
Same happened here, it didn't freeze but it gave me an unknown error during the update. Fortunately it did a local backup of everything first. The backup seems to be ok, I just hope nothing went wrong with it too due to the error. I have the phone restored right now with the update installed but I can't activate it because the servers are getting hammered.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Same happened here, it didn't freeze but it gave me an unknown error during the update. Fortunately it did a local backup of everything first. The backup seems to be ok, I just hope nothing went wrong with it too due to the error. I have the phone restored right now with the update installed but I can't activate it because the servers are getting hammered.
Same. I also have a backup, which I of course made just before updating.

ecurbj

I finally got through the activation stage. I'm downloading my apps now and I keep getting this pop up: "vmd" ch4iv.myvzw.com, Not Trusted, Description: Server Gated Crypto. It's asking me whether to accept or decline. I don't know what this is.

Mindwipe

Okay iOS7 GAF - battle of the podcast apps, Downcast vs Instacast vs Pocket Casts.

Which is better now, post iOS7 updates?

Flek

Banned
zmIbqQh.jpg

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Or just scroll up.

Why dont you like auto hide? I like it because it lets me see more of the site im on. Im glad Chrome has done it for a while.

Maybe it'll take some getting used to, but not exactly crazy about it atm. I like that bar in particular to always be visible.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Luckily downloaded mine first thing today and had no issues updating, took about 20-25 mins on my shitty internet connection.

This is dope as hell. No complaints at all.

Tuck

Its pretty nice. Really like control center and the new multi tasking. Big improvements.

The notification center and control center transparencies are almost non existent though - I think thats because I have an iPhone 4. i.e Control center is slightly transparent but completely grey.

The new design is decently nice but theres a few areas of ugly and a bit too much white space. The homescreen also feels more cramped now. And the lock screen is lousy with anything with bright colors.

The big question now is... do I get a 5S or do I go for Android? I'm not really sure.

Would it be possible to put the same filter thats on the locked bottom 4 apps on the rest of the wallpaper? so it just looks like the whole screen is covered in that fogged glass?

kaskade

Okay iOS7 GAF - battle of the podcast apps, Downcast vs Instacast vs Pocket Casts.

They didn't redesign the official podcast app yet? I didn't realize pocket casts on iOS. I really like the android version. Might try the iOS one when I get my phone.

ramyeon

Can't get iOS 7 on my iPod 4 since its, ya know, ancient 3 year old technology. Typical Apple. Its really annoying how the mobile industry has trained everyone to upgrade every two years. I'm not falling for that crap.
Typical Apple right? I mean there's no way phones and tablets using other OSes are much more fragmented than iOS.

I swear people hate on Apple just for being Apple sometimes.

the official app podcast app got a lot better, now if they just over haul the icon and how it handles podcast descriptions. iCloud syncing is probably the best, start listening at work on phone finish listening at home on itunes.

Heel

I ride for Downcast. iOS 7 design update coming, and it'll use the iOS background app feature to refresh your feeds periodically if you'd like.

Arnie

I'm afraid this will make my iphone4 run like crap.

I'm expecting it to do that to mine.

Biggest frustration I've got with waiting for it to activate is I use my phone as my alarm and I can't go to bed not knowing what time I'll wake up.

Top Bottom