• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 7 | Flatness Is a Good Thing

Okay so 2 questions:

-I think this might have been asked already, but I never saw the reply. Is there anyway to have weather in the notification center? I used that ALL time, sad to see it go if its gone.

-My girlfriend just successfully updated her phone to iOS7. Everything is fine except one thing - Siri still talks in a robotic voice. Is there any reason for this to happen? We cant seem to find a way to make it talk more naturally like mine does. We are both on 4S but I'm ATT and shes verizon (not sure that it matters)

Help...?

Metalmarc

My 5 issues
1) random laggyness
2) my wallpapers are awk now and i cant change them without this scaling screwing w/ it
3) folders holding 2 less a page
4) awkward effect like the fade in/out on lock that just waste time
5)i think i have no ram
Opened safari and twitter had to do a full reboot (multiple times tried)
Ugh

What device? Not the ipad mini is it?

Link

The Autumn Wind
Okay so 2 questions:

-I think this might have been asked already, but I never saw the reply. Is there anyway to have weather in the notification center? I used that ALL time, sad to see it go if its gone.
Still waiting on my restore to finish up, but I think you have to turn location services on for the weather app.

RC

Banned
I wonder if iOS7 will either fix playing music over bluetooth or make it worse.

iOS4 was great, no issues whatsoever playing over Bluetooth.
iOS5 was fucked, shuffle would always randomly turnoff over Bluetooth
iOS6 finally fixed that problem.
But iOS6.1 sometimes randomly picks the wrong audio source over Bluetooth.

fireside

Okay so 2 questions:

-My girlfriend just successfully updated her phone to iOS7. Everything is fine except one thing - Siri still talks in a robotic voice. Is there any reason for this to happen? We cant seem to find a way to make it talk more naturally like mine does. We are both on 4S but I'm ATT and shes verizon (not sure that it matters)

Help...?

I had a problem with logging into iCloud services until I restarted my iPhone. Maybe that would help?

Oh true. They still don't add a time stamp to each message, bummer.

If you're talking about Messages, while in the conversation view, drag the speech bubbles to the left

Enco

This runs amazingly well on my 4S.

Wish I could say the same for my iPad 3.

edit: I'm really impressed. This has made my decision to buy a 5S even more solid

Ever since I installed the beta version of iOS 7, my iphone 4s hasn't been appearing in iTunes for Wi-Fi sync.

I was hoping this was a beta bug and would disappear when I updated to the public version today, unfortunately the icon still disappears in iTunes right away when I unplug my phone.

Any help?

Did I lose one of my favorite recent additions to iTunes?

Shearie

They really need to fix how it's super hard to move the volume slider in the audio lock screen controls without also activating the slide to unlock animation.

matthieuC

I like all of the flat icons, but when all of my downloaded apps and games have a skeumorphic, it doesn't look too good. I hope they update soon.

TUSR

Banned
Ever since I installed the beta version of iOS 7, my iphone 4s hasn't been appearing in iTunes for Wi-Fi sync.

I was hoping this was a beta bug and would disappear when I updated to the public version today, unfortunately the icon still disappears in iTunes right away when I unplug my phone.

Any help?

Did I lose one of my favorite recent additions to iTunes?

did you update itunes?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
So is this where I complain that my Sony lightning clock won't work anymore? I waited till the official update and it's still blocked by their stupid lightning adapter policy.

I'm getting pretty poor battery life so far. :/

q2PNmbU.jpg

epmode

So my iPhone 5 decided to delete both of my saved alarms last night. No warning. I'm lucky I happened to get up on my own so I only got to work a little late.

I've had these alarms saved for months without a problem. I really hope this isn't an iOS 7 bug... although I've been running iOS 7 GM for a few days with no trouble.

This shit has asked me if my PC is trusted 8 times now back to back to back. Ugh, fuck off. I said trust muthafucka what else do you want from me!?

toohectic

Can you update directly from iOS 5.1 to 7? Or do I have to update to 6.1 first? One of my 4Ss is still on 5.1, so it would be nice if I could skip the 6 install process. The OTA process still shows 6.1.3 for me in the update box, but maybe I can skip it if I update over iTunes.

Kabuto

the new notification noises are amazing haha

Loving ios 7 so far on my 4S. I actually think Safari is faster than Chrome right now just from loading up some gif and pic heavy GAF threads. pretty crazy

For some reason my iPad says my passcode is incorrect after doing the update. Have to do a restore now, while I should be sleeping. I need my iPad tomorrow though, so yeah.

Fuck this shit.

Top Bottom