• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 7 | Flatness Is a Good Thing

ramyeon

the new notification noises are amazing haha

Loving ios 7 so far on my 4S. I actually think Safari is faster than Chrome right now just from loading up some gif and pic heavy GAF threads. pretty crazy
That echo/reverb when you lock your phone.

Sound that only Apple could pull off.
lol

Okay so 2 questions:

-I think this might have been asked already, but I never saw the reply. Is there anyway to have weather in the notification center? I used that ALL time, sad to see it go if its gone.

-My girlfriend just successfully updated her phone to iOS7. Everything is fine except one thing - Siri still talks in a robotic voice. Is there any reason for this to happen? We cant seem to find a way to make it talk more naturally like mine does. We are both on 4S but I'm ATT and shes verizon (not sure that it matters)

Help...?

I had a problem with logging into iCloud services until I restarted my iPhone. Maybe that would help?

That worked thanks!

Anyone have any ideas about the Siri voice?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I like the idea of dynamic wallpapers, but I'm gonna leave that to the lockscreen. Along with the parralax it gets a little disorientating.

Newstand being folderable is amazing news. This shit is great.

Lunzio

Great, my phone is fucked up now and I can't even fucking restore it because of unkown error (3014).

As far as I know, the 3000-4000 errors are server issues.

But yeah, I haven't been able to update all day. First attempt left my phone in recovery mode but I kicked it back to iOS 6 with iREB

Ryck

Sweet updated it on my iPhone 4 and it runs fine. I got kinda freaked when I started reading that it wouldn't run well on it.

ecurbj

Guys, how do you know if your battery is fully charged without relying on the percentage indicator?

I remember in iOS 6 when your battery was fully charged you would get a plug (fully charged) instead of the thunderbolt (which means charging).

What are the identifications in iOS 7?

Majine

Banned
My only complain is the Music app. It just sucks.

I think it's pretty good. On the Iphone. Abit too large fonts, but oh well.

Now the iPad app. What did they do? I loved the album grid they used to have. Now it's a boring list clearly intended for the iPhone.

RC

Banned
So I restored my iphone and once it restarts, it asks me to restore it again.

Great impression of iOS7 so far.

For some reason my iPad says my passcode is incorrect after doing the update. Have to do a restore now, while I should be sleeping. I need my iPad tomorrow though, so yeah.

Fuck this shit.
Are you sure you didn't use a different password for your restriction settings and a different for the screen lock? I use different ones so I sometimes get them mixed up. That said, I've read is recomendable to remove any restrictions, pass, etc before updating, so I alawys do that before updating. Did you try to contact apple support before restoring?

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Flick the app up
I wish you could flick it down too. I'm used to closing tabs in Chrome by flicking both ways.
I like plain colors for the home screen. Running pretty good on my 4S.
That looks really good.

I still have a few apps on my homescreens that need to update ASAP. FaceBook looks the least un-flat, but Plex, Air Video and CrashPlan need to get rid of their 3D shininess. Also not a complete fan of the dark "shadow" on all of Google's apps. But still. Let the app updates continue to roll in!

Robot Pants

Not diggin the new music player. If I have more than one album under a certain artist, I gotta scroll through an entire album to get to the next one? No likey.

bob page

After spending the afternoon with iOS 7, I'd have to say my biggest disappointment focuses around the app updates. Most of the apps I've seen that launched new designs are simply ports of recent Holo releases for Android. I was expecting something new and refreshing in app UI's, but most of the apps I use look exactly like they do on Android now. Which is a good thing, but still. Maybe it'll just take them some months to start deviating a bit.

Apart from that, I'm still surprised they haven't addressed any of the UI inconsistencies (random font sizes, opacities, shapes, etc). The new features are a welcome addition, but overall this has been a pretty "meh" release for me. Definitely more surface-level than I was hoping for.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Not diggin the new music player. If I have more than one album under a certain artist, I gotta scroll through an entire album to get to the next one? No likey.

If you know you want a specific album, why not just go to the Albums view?

Crazy, I know.

ramyeon

I wish you could flick it down too. I'm used to closing tabs in Chrome by flicking both ways.

That looks really good.

I still have a few apps on my homescreens that need to update ASAP. FaceBook looks the least un-flat, but Plex, Air Video and CrashPlan need to get rid of their 3D shininess. Also not a complete fan of the dark "shadow" on all of Google's apps. But still. Let the app updates continue to roll in!
Facebook has been updated ;)

Mii

Banned
Neogaf iPhone app needs a redesign, it now feels so out of place on iOS7

Also double tap top bar to go to top is driving me nuts

Shawsie64

Banned
Guys sorry if been asked before but ipad 3 is jailbroken and I love F.lux, should I make the jump to ios7 and loose my f.lux?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I still have several non-game apps that aren't updated for iPhone 5. I do not feel optimistic about iOS7 App Updates :p

ramyeon

I really like the minimalization of the Compass app. Both modes. Look so awesome and useful.

Not for everyone.
It didn't show up for me so I searched for the app in the app store and instead of "open" it had "update". Still didn't show up in my updates tab after updating it.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
It didn't show up for me so I searched for the app in the app store and instead of "open" it had "update". Still didn't show up in my updates tab after updating it.
Mine still says "open" but the screenshots on the store are up to date. I just can't get it to show for me. I guess I could delete and redownload but I'll just wait for it to happen naturally.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I was able to update iTunes on my Macbook Pro, but not on my Windows PC. Is this update OS X only?

Tobor

Jesus, this is beautiful in use. There are a few things that will take some getting used to, but overall this is a big win.

Holy shit, the new loupe when typing is awesome! What an improvement.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I like the look and vibrancy overall, even if it lags on iPad 2. Safari is trash though, everything loads super slow. It breathed some life into my iPad, that's for sure.

Five

Banned

Yeah, that feature can get fucked. A couple artists I listen to have 17 albums listed, and many are 8+. Worse, when inside an artist and scrolling up to the search bar, it doesn't even do local search. Who thought that was a good idea?

ramyeon

I like the look and vibrancy overall, even if it lags on iPad 2. Safari is trash though, everything loads super slow. It breathed some life into my iPad, that's for sure.
Safari is super fast and smooth on my iPhone 5. The hardware is probably the issue here.

Maximus.

Weird I tried updating a few apps and they stalled. Now they disappeared from the list of updatable apps and they are still the old versions.

X-Frame

I downloaded App updates on my iTunes, and synced my phone, but none of the apps that updated are updating on my iPhone.

Even if I go into the App Store, it is not telling me apps are available to update. But if I go into an app I know updated, like Downcast, I see it gives me the option to Update it.

What gives?

Lynd7

The iTunes update isn't appearing for me in my software update. Running Snow Leopard. Might have to wait awhile longer :(

Vyer

Facebook needs to do something about the title bar in the app, shrink it down or have it auto hide or something.

Top Bottom