• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 7 | Flatness Is a Good Thing

Aside from spending almost an hour trying to activate my phone, I am really enjoying this on my Iphone 4. Can't really tell much performance problems other than a little lag with browsing menus.

The new sounds for ringtones and all are pretty sweet. itunes Radio is just freaking awesome.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Phew, turned off parallax because it probably is eating battery even a tiny bit, plus it causes wallpapers to not scale as big.

mr2xxx

Banned
Not liking it so far. Color scheme I'm not feeling, the transitions are annoying. I'll give it a week since I've only used it for a couple hours; I don't want to be too harsh on it.

Mix

Okay guys, my iPhone isn't done updating yet, but my girlfriend is having a problem with hers where it wont send imessages via her number, instead it's sending via her email address, can someone figure it out while I wait?

Apath

My iPad mini says my software is up to date running iOS 6.1.3--any reason why this is the case?

EDIT: I just tried again and it's now giving me the option to update. Nevermind!

This took a while to download. What I like so far is new lock screen. What I'm not liking so much is the dock bar, but I'm going to continue to fiddle with things.

Vyer

App Store is definitely struggling. Not alerting me to all updates and having connection troubles in general.

Edit: Downcast update is out.

Holy fuck can you turn off safari minimizing the bottom bar and URL bar when you scroll down? That's the stupidest shit I've ever seen.

ramyeon

If you're having battery issues try draining it out completely and then doing a full charge. iOS7 does seem to be a little bit more battery intensive but it should not be destroying your battery.

I get full days without charging, yesterday I had like 25% after 22 hours or so standby and 11 odd hours of actual usage.

Hoping someone on GAF can help me out. I updated my iPad 2 and my sisters (also iPad 2) to ios 7, and when I pull down on the homescreen, mines just says the date, hers has the date and the weather? Anyway to enable this on mine?

ramyeon

Holy fuck can you turn off safari minimizing the bottom bar and URL bar when you scroll down? That's the stupidest shit I've ever seen.
It really isn't. Gives you a much better view of the page. All you have to do is either tap the bottom or scroll up a tiny bit to make it appear.

I want to be able to use Cellular Data for iTunes Match (makes sense, since it's a streaming service), but not for automatic app updates. Why isn't that an option?

Shearie

It really isn't. Gives you a much better view of the page. All you have to do is either tap the bottom or scroll up a tiny bit to make it appear.

Useful trick if you're far down a page and you scroll up without your thumb leaving the screen until you stop, the bottom and top controls still stay minimized/gone. If you scroll up by flicking the page, the bottom and top controls return to normal.

Nope this kills this update for me. I ALWAYS stop neogaf loading with the x button in the URL bar because of large gifs. I also nearly exclusively use bookmarks to navigate. This extra step is disastrous.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I like iOS7, but the reliance on iTunes caused my old man to lose a number of photos because he hadn't synced in a while and he started the OS download directly for his phone while at work rather than at home, so his phone was stuck with the icon to connect to iTunes for hours. After that it wouldn't install the new OS without restoring to factoring settings, so after ALL of that was done, we restored from his last back up which was several months ago. Took 2 hours to do.

I fucking hate iTunes.

ramyeon

Nope this kills this update for me. I ALWAYS stop neogaf loading with the x button in the URL bar because of large gifs. I also nearly exclusively use bookmarks to navigate. This extra step is disastrous.
Turn off GIFs on mobile GAF. Then you can choose which to view and which not to (Although I don't see how the bottom bar disappearing when you start scrolling affects being able to stop the page loading... at all).

Your hyperbole is through the roof btw.

MRORANGE

Looks OK design wise, the bezel at the bottom might take some time to adjusting on the iPad. I just noticed they replicated the font used in Leica camera bodies, heh. iPad Mini is a bit slower at opening & closing apps, it used to be on par with the iPhone 5.

G7DuGSq.jpg

Other than that this damn thing has been given way too much hype for an OS update.

RC

Banned
So after restoring the majority of my music and half of my apps won't sync.

Aside from that it's definitely more sluggish on the iphone 4 and safari seems to load pages slower.

Top Bottom