• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 7 | Flatness Is a Good Thing

Carton

Anybody with an iPad 3 finding that it's ridiculously slow when attempting to change the wallpaper?

It takes at least 5 seconds to load a selected image to preview, then takes another 10 or so seconds to actually set it as the background, and that's using Apple's stills; when attempting to select from your camera roll, it takes anywhere from 10-20 seconds to load the picture (irrespective of size) and then the moving and scaling is completely broken.

Hey coming from a jailbroken 4s. I know if I just straight update I'll apparently lose some storage from the whole jailbreaking process. Should I just do a restore and install it that way?

Link

The Autumn Wind
Speaking of storage, it looks like I gained back about a GB of space after doing a clean install.

Karl2177

Is it possible to change the AppleID in iCloud? I changed the email associated with my AppleID a few months back and I can't change the email in the iCloud settings now.

Formosa

1) Does anyone know how to include weather in the notification center?

2) How do you make the Home screen to stay on longer before it does black?

mrkgoo

Yeah, but he has a LOT of stuff, and I fear if I try to teach him iCloud it'll just sail over his head. I'll try.

My parents have an iPad and an iPhone. I just turn on iCloud and it backs up by itself.

So is it just my eyes playing tricks or are the coloured message bubbles in messages actually different shades as you scroll up?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I haven't installed because of earlier talks about shitty performance on the ipad 3. Can anyone chime in.

Works great on my 4s.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Just installed. Pretty slick UI, though my iPad is noticeably slower, and significantly harder on the battery.

This too. It takes literally 30-45 seconds to change a wallpaper. :

The parallax background effect it's stuttery as well, I can see frame dips...

I'm also bothered that when you drill into a folder you only see 9 icons... wasting over half the screen. Feels silly.

I haven't installed because of earlier talks about shitty performance on the ipad 3. Can anyone chime in.

Works great on my 4s.

I feel like browsing in Safari has taken a hit. Wired app is also showing some sluggishness. Not game breaking, but feeling different.

Anybody with an iPad 3 finding that it's ridiculously slow when attempting to change the wallpaper?

It takes at least 5 seconds to load a selected image to preview, then takes another 10 or so seconds to actually set it as the background, and that's using Apple's stills; when attempting to select from your camera roll, it takes anywhere from 10-20 seconds to load the picture (irrespective of size) and then the moving and scaling is completely broken.

Yep

And also on the lock screen, very frustrating to use.

Jea Song

Did the right thing
its really destroying my battery life so far. damn

kills my 4s battery as well. The camera app sometimes crashes when selecting filters. When I take a picture it shows up black.

Notice allot more crashes overall. Maybe some of the apps are optimized yet but I do noticed it.

I sure hope the 5s runs this without any hiccups. im getting a lilttle worried

JaseMath

Works great on my 4s.
It's pretty bad, but not a deal-breaker. It's noticeably laggy from time to time and the battery drain is ridiculous. I started browsing the webs - nothing else - around 45 minutes ago, battery at 28%. I'm now at 15% :(

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Did you try shutting down App Store completely and opening it back up ? Hopefully this download works
?

I said it was downloading. It is downloaded. It's over. What I posted first worked. You seem to think I'm having problems. I'm not. It's downloaded. It's completely done. It finished. There is no cause for alarm. You help is appreciated but unneeded.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
How do I turn off the background moving when I move the display on the ipad?

I've noticed that because of the parallax, it only uses the central part of the wallpaper image and reserves the borders.

Makes background selection outside Apple's supplied images a little bit trickier since you have less freedom to scale and move the image around.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I've noticed that because of the parallax, it only uses the central part of the wallpaper image and reserves the borders.

Makes background selection outside Apple's supplied images a little bit trickier since you have less freedom to scale and move the image around.

Is there no way to turn this off and have a static, unmoving background?

?

I said it was downloading. It is downloaded. It's over. What I posted first worked. You seem to think I'm having problems. I'm not. It's downloaded. It's completely done. It finished. There is no cause for alarm. You help is appreciated but unneeded.

You forgot the portion where I wrote i hope the download works this time for you. Yikes at your lack of reading

RC

Banned
Only about 10% of my music has synced to my phone since the update and restore. For whatever reason my phone doesn't even attempt to sync the rest. Might have something to do with the error message I keep on getting about apps not being able to transfer.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
You forgot the portion where I wrote i hope the download works this time for you. Yikes at your lack of reading
You forgot the portion where I originally said it was downloading and finished. You're the one not reading. Here's what I said:

First I said that it was downloading after jumping through hoops. At this point the problem is solved....
Okay. So now I've deleted it again and have gone to the actual store page. It lists 6.5 whereas my Purchased list says 6.4.

So I click download and it downloads. Then it says "Update". So I click Update. It's currently at "Loading...".

Slowly.

Then you replied to that post:
Try going to the App Store , type in facebook in search then dont click download in the result. Click the result and go into the app page. Click download ...

So I explained that I had already fixed the problem and it was mentioned in that post. I worded it weirdly, but the result was there:
Uh, that's what I did. It's downloading now. I said that in my post, didn't I? In so many words at least.

Then you replied:
Did you try shutting down App Store completely and opening it back up ? Hopefully this download works
For some reason even though I explained in my reply that it was fixed. That's all. I appreciate your help, but you're trying to help me with a problem that isn't even a problem anymore.

I can read. I read all the time. I am very good at it. The subject is done. The problem was fixed. Abed is moving on now. Thanks.

You forgot the portion where I originally said it was downloading and finished. You're the one not reading. Here's what I said:

First I said that it was downloading after jumping through hoops. At this point the problem is solved....

Then you replied to that post:

So I explained that I had already fixed the problem and it was mentioned in that post. I worded it weirdly, but the result was there:

Then you replied:

For some reason even though I explained in my reply that it was fixed. That's all. I appreciate your help, but you're trying to help me with a problem that isn't even a problem anymore.

I can read. I read all the time. I am very good at it. The subject is done. The problem was fixed. Abed is moving on now. Thanks.

Lol

mrkgoo

When an app hasn't been optimised, it uses the old keyboard. Why is that? The other UI elements are from ios7, but the key board is not.

Top Bottom