• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 7 | Flatness Is a Good Thing

royalan

...possible stupid question.

If all of my photos taken with my iphone are uploaded to iCloud and in my iCloud stream folder on my PC, can I delete them off of my phone without them deleting on my PC?

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
...possible stupid question.

If all of my photos taken with my iphone are uploaded to iCloud and in my iCloud stream folder on my PC, can I delete them off of my phone without them deleting on my PC?
If you delete them from your stream, they disappear from your stream folder. But if you delete them from the camera roll, the stream won't be affected.

Anyway, the YouTube app is all fucked up. I really hope they have an iOS 7 version on the way.

Guess Who

Banned
If you delete them from your stream, they disappear from your stream folder. But if you delete them from the camera roll, the stream won't be affected.

Anyway, the YouTube app is all fucked up. I really hope they have an iOS 7 version on the way.

In the meantime, Jasmine is a good YouTube app that's iOS 7-compatible.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
If I'm still on BETA 7 and don't have iTunes 11.2 (on Windows) how do I get this final build?

In the messages app, how do you delete an entire conversation instead of deleting individual messages? I don't want to remove that person from the list of people in the app, I'd just like to clear the conversation.

Also, did they remove the ability to delete individual songs in the music app?

Swipe right to left now.

Noema

Can't get iOS 7 on my iPod 4 since its, ya know, ancient 3 year old technology. Typical Apple. Its really annoying how the mobile industry has trained everyone to upgrade every two years. I'm not falling for that crap.

The iPod touch 4 only has 256 MB and a slower processor than the iPhone 4. There's no way this would've run on it.

I don't know what you are talking about with "typical Apple". No one supports mobile devices longer than them. My iPhone 4 is over 3 years old and it's running the same OS as the 5s.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
In the meantime, Jasmine is a good YouTube app that's iOS 7-compatible.
Yeah. I'll use that for now, but I really prefer the official app. Especially that PIP. I just did the gesture on Jasmine out of habit and the video disappeared leaving a black screen. Hope YouTube updates soon. Since Chrome updated. I mean it's only visual errors. Titles of videos in the list are shifted with their icons. It's still usable. I've been using it for a week. This is the first time I noticed the problem.

Laekon

The iPod touch 4 only has 256 MB and a slower processor than the iPhone 4. There's no way this would've run on it.

I don't know what you are talking about with "typical Apple". No one supports mobile devices longer than them. My iPhone 4 is over 3 years old and it's running the same OS as the 5s.
Your iPhone 4 is not running the same version of the IOS as the 5s. Why don't you ask Siri what version of IOS you have?

Part of the issue is Apple sold the entry level iPod touch as being new when it was the same old hardware. It's been a big issue for a lot of people looking to buy the newest games.

I don't really like the look of the folders and what ever you call the dock on the iPad. My wall paper is a nature photo and they just look weird.

tauke

So far so good on iPad 4. My only pet peeves is I always go back to the home screen with the multi touch gesture instead of the home button.

When doing so, the animation abruptly snap to 100% when it scales down to the home screen. Think like 300% to 130% smoothly and suddenly the icon goes to 100% size. Other than that, looks fine although adjusting brightness with the control center is odd when it slightly dim the screen when it is open...

Tokubetsu

Updated! How do I close bg apps now? Beffore I could double tap home, and hold down the app then hit the x button. That doesn't seem to work anymore.

Laekon

Updated! How do I close bg apps now? Beffore I could double tap home, and hold down the app then hit the x button. That doesn't seem to work anymore.
Just swipe them up.

Spotlight is still janky when opened. The animation is also weird as the icons move down and then bounce off the keyboard as it comes up.

mcfrank

Does it take a while for things to update? Because a bunch of stuff is missing. Also, if I do the iTunes Match service, will that show up in the cloud, too?

Try tapping the "shared" button and make sure you are not connected to a computer. Here is what I see (don't judge the real housewives, they are my wife's)

TleNHxs.jpg

Yes to the music, though not instantly. It takes a while to transfer stuff from your computer.

RC

Banned
Since the update and restore I have yet to figure out how to sync my music. Only about 2.2GB worth of my 22.4GB of my library transferred. Every time I sync, its goes through all the steps, stalls on step 6 then nothing.

wenis

ah, Apple still never fixed the scale and move function for wallpapers. shit still zooms in when I try and set it.

Lynd7

I'm guessing there is no way to make playlists and songs only display a text list without the pictures?

Also, my movies/videos are missing now. Plus some playlists are coming up as empty.

wenis

Ah, I see, damn. Spent all that time resizing images to the right dimensions, but I also like the effect. Hmmm.

Wow this wallpaper thing is driving me crazy. Even after taking off the parallax effect, it still zooms in too much and doesn't let me scale properly. It doesn't help that my ipad 3 is a little less responsive now.

Fucking annoying as hell.

Edit: on the plus side, safari is now my browser of choice. Sorry chrome.

mrkgoo

Ok, default app icon review time:

Phone: 7
Music: 9 (love the colour!)
Safari: 8 (I don't think it's as bad as people say, and prefer it over the old one)
Mail: 6
Calendar: 9
Camera: 4
Maps: 8
Weather: 9
Clock: 7 (bonus for being animated)
Contacts: 2
Notes: 4
Reminders: 3
Video: 7
Photos: 7 (I like the icon itself, but I'm not sure what bearing it has on photos - yes I know it's a flower)
Calculator: 4
Facetime: 3
Itunes Store: 9
AppStore: 6
Compass: 5 (the compass is amazing, but it's a boring icon)
Voice Memos: 4
Passbook: 8
Stocks: 4
Newsstand: 1
Settings: 1 (vomit)

Quick

Banned
Did a clean install of iOS 7 on my iPhone 4S and iPad 3. Maybe it's just me, but both run a bit smoother than having iOS 7 initially installed as an update over iOS 6.

ramyeon

Safari: 8 (I don't think it's as bad as people say, and prefer it over the old one)
Photos: 7 (I like the icon itself, but I'm not sure what bearing it has on photos - yes I know it's a flower)
I gotta say, those are some odd ratings imo.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Edit: on the plus side, safari is now my browser of choice. Sorry chrome.
I just noticed that the new version of iCloud lets you sync your mobile Safari bookmarks to desktop Chrome and Firefox. Bookmark syncing to Chrome was most of the reason I wanted to use Chrome on iOS. That, and tab switching was better (though I think iOS7 Safari is better in this regard?)

Swag

Transitions on my iPad 4 are pretty shit, something is up with the repositioning of the dock after the zoom effect happens, noticed some other locking up as well, moving and scaling of wallpapers.

iTunes Radio is the shit though.

big_z

in iTunes 11.1 do they finally allow you to shrink the album artwork as small as you could in iTunes 10 when using the album grid view?

I hated that I could only see 12 albums in iTunes 11 when I could see nearly 50 in iTunes 10.

My tiers

Good:
- Calendar
- Photos
- Music
- Passbook
- Weather

Sure:
- iTunes/App Store (Why is the circle so close to the edge??)
- Reminders
- Calculator
- Facetime/Phone/
- Videos
- Clock
- NewsStand

Bad
- Contacts (Seriously, gray?)
- Stocks/Compass (The black bgs clash with the white aesthetic of 7)
- Game Center (Why isn't this fucking flat?????????)
- Messages (The text bubble is too big)
-

It annoys me that some of the gradients are the opposite of each other. Mail is dark blue to light blue but it's the opposite for Safari?

C'mon Jony

Partition

Banned
Great:
Weather
Maps

Good:
Calendar
Clock
Voice Memos
Stocks
Videos

Meh:
App/iTunes store
Music
Notes
Reminders
Compass
Passbook
Facetime
Phone

Bad:
Calculator
Safari
Contacts

Exterminate:
Settings
Camera
Game Center
Photos

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Gifs seem to be fixed in the new safari. They are no longer slide shows half the time. That alone makes iOS7 worth it.

Top Bottom