• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 7 | Flatness Is a Good Thing

Number45

Are there more dynamic wallpapers than the ones with the bubbles, like 7 of them? I see ppl talking about stars and I don't see those unless those are what ppl are talking about.
The starscape wallpaper is actually under stills - it doesn't animate, just has that parallax effect.

mrkgoo

Ok, so I just went into the music app - when you got to the artists tab, it shows portraits of the artist instead of the album art.

Is it just pulling this from iTunes on the device itself or are those imbedded into the files as meta data at some point?

Pachimari

I'm sitting here on my MacBook Air and iPhone 5 and don't know what I'm supposed to do?

I got iOS 7 Beta 6 installed.

Do I update iTunes to the latest version and then take a back up of my phone? Then which one of these iOS 7 versions should I install on my GSM iPhone 5?

Mindwipe

I can't believe I came back this morning and people recommended the Apple podcasting app with a straight face.

Especially given it hasn't had an iOS7 update and doesn't support background refresh of my podcasts, which it's competitors do and is a killer feature.

I can't believe I came back this morning and people recommended the Apple podcasting app with a straight face.

Especially given it hasn't had an iOS7 update and doesn't support background refresh of my podcasts, which it's competitors do and is a killer feature.

Hmm. Instacast or downcast?

Raonak

Banned
After playing around with my sister's Iphone, I get the impression that iOS7 is pretty much a mishmash of WP8 and android 4.0

Kinda seems too inconsistent to me. Some parts look nice and "elegant" but other parts are just mashed with bright colours everywhere.

Liking it so far.

Only issues are the added animations make everything feels slower.

Oh and I hate that the keyboard is white, I feel like the keys are smaller and harder to hit

mrklaw

MrArseFace
wow, needs 3.3GB free space to install! that'll be hard for 16GBers. Had to delete a few apps myself to make space.

Wish Apple would reserve some flash for that so it doesn't impact your own space.

only updating my ipad 3 so far, will hold off on updating my kids' ipad 2 until I hear whether it impacts the performance negatively

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm really liking the new Pocket Casts.

any update in ios 7 to allow them to finally check for new podcasts and download them in the background? Currently on ios 6, casts notifies me of new podcasts but won't download them, so I have to launch Downcast to start it checking and then quit to let it carry on.

ramyeon

any update in ios 7 to allow them to finally check for new podcasts and download them in the background? Currently on ios 6, casts notifies me of new podcasts but won't download them, so I have to launch Downcast to start it checking and then quit to let it carry on.
Yep there is an option for Automatic background downloads in iOS7. I don't know about others but Pocket Casts does include that option now.

Timbuktu

wow, needs 3.3GB free space to install! that'll be hard for 16GBers. Had to delete a few apps myself to make space.

Doesn't need that much if you don't do it over the air. The iPhones and iPads in the house all got updated without much problem. It can do with refinement, but it'll probably only take a day or two to get used to it and for me not to even think about its quirks.

Espoiral

Neo Member
None of my apps seem to be updating for me. They have that new updated blue dot next to them but when I open them it's still the same app as before.

Anyone else having this issue?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thanks for posting OP! Read the entire thing. I can update my iPhone 4 to iOS7 right now, should I do it? Any down-sides to it?

ido

I can't seem to download any apps at all, even ones already "purchased".

Anybody else? I click install, the circle loading bar appears for a split second, and then the install or "free" button appears right back.

Am I doing something dumb?

^^For weather to show up in the notification bar, you need it on in location services.

Purkake4

Banned
I can't seem to download any apps at all, even ones already "purchased".

Anybody else? I click install, the circle loading bar appears for a split second, and then the install or "free" button appears right back.

Am I doing something dumb?

^^For weather to show up in the notification bar, you need it on in location services.
Thanks, that's not exactly intuitive. Any chance to get the iOS banner with the temperature and weather instead of the text?

As for the app stuff, never encountered that :/

Yep, the update to Pocket Casts yesterday included background refresh to check for new podcasts and automatically download.

aktham

Quick question: In iOS7, can I disable touching the top of the screen and getting the Notification Center? That's one of the most annoying things when playing games on my iPhone.

Ok so I upgraded last night and it seems you can disable "Control Center" within apps, but you still can't disable "Notification Center" within apps :(

*Sigh* I just hope they add it as an option in the near future to iOS7.

Cheech

Hmm. Instacast or downcast?

Instacast. Just put out a new version too.

One critical feature it's had for car Bluetooth users is the ability to auto rewind a few seconds to compensate for when you shut the car off and the speakers kill before the podcast pauses.

ido

App problem randomly fixed. Everything downloads now. Weird.

I wish you could turn parallax off on the lock screen only, so I can properly size my wallpapers.

f@luS

More than a member.
Hi guys. Very important. I need for my work an app for group sms sending. Both my aps crash on ios7. Do you know one , free If possible as i paid 2 already, that work on ios 7?

Thx

Top Bottom