• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 7 | Flatness Is a Good Thing

The entire interface looks very girly and Lisa Frank-esque in terms of presentation. I think they should have given users a "dark theme" much like GAF does.

I just got this update, and didn't even know about the moving background when my iPad is tilted.
I like it, but may not keep it for long.

Gonna explore more of this later.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I'm not sure I like this at all.

On a third gen iPad.

There is noticeable lag on some actions now.

Pressing the home button, it can take maybe a second for it to respond.

I've had typing lag and miss keys.

The animations seem less than perfectly smooth at times.

I am bringing up the 'shortcut' menu with volume controls etc. very often accidentally while scrolling.

Hmmm :/

NekoFever

I got a Facebook notification on my phone, opened Facebook on my computer to check it, and the notification on my phone had gone when I looked back after clearing it on the website. Is this a new thing? It wasn't just my imagination, right?

ecurbj

I got a Facebook notification on my phone, opened Facebook on my computer to check it, and the notification on my phone had gone when I looked back after clearing it on the website. Is this a new thing? It wasn't just my imagination, right?
Sir, that has always been there. Nothing new.

jcutner

The last OTA update I got iOS7 Beta 6, and my phone and iTunes says I'm running on the latest OS.

How can I upgrade to iOS7 Final? Manually download the *.ipsw and Shift+Click Upgrade in iTunes?

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Man, I'm already worried about battery life with iOS 7. I charged my iPhone 5 last night, and now it's already down to 86% when I woke up. Usually it's at the high 90s.

ecurbj

The last OTA update I got iOS7 Beta 6, and my phone and iTunes says I'm running on the latest OS.

How can I upgrade to iOS7 Final? Manually download the *.ipsw and Shift+Click Upgrade in iTunes?
Why not click restore and it will clean your phone to factory and install the legit iOS 7 and you can restore your backup.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Can you go back to an earlier version of iOS? With a dev account even? I just don't like how this feels at all, and feel > look. Performance degradation on the most fundamental things like typing or Home screen is a big problem. Apple should get more heat for nerfing people's machines than they did for Maps.

ido

Shame it makes your wallpaper look like crap.

Anyway to remove the dark filter over background images?

I don't think so. The invert theme is okay for menus, but you are right it makes everything else kind of look bad.

I'm still pissed about the wallpaper resizing issues, even with parallax turned off.

SeanR1221

Wait I figured it out. It's just one of my gmail accounts, but the other works fine.

Anyone know what's wrong? I signed out and signed back in but got nothing.
The badge increases but I don't get an alert.

Draft

I'm not thrilled with IOS 7. Swiping up and down to open those new status things is very touchy on my iPad Retina Display. The books app still looks like an Ikea shelf. It's pretty, though.

Vyer

Wait I figured it out. It's just one of my gmail accounts, but the other works fine.

Anyone know what's wrong? I signed out and signed back in but got nothing.
The badge increases but I don't get an alert.

You've checked the settings for each account individually in Notification Center settings?

Bgamer90

Banned
My iPhone theme:

BUdvGAZCQAApKdg.jpg:large
BUdnxKiCcAAvEUV.jpg

My iPad theme:

I'm sure this has been answered, but what happened to all of my podcasts? I do not have the podcast app (thank god). Were they deleted?

I guess I might look into these insta/downcast apps you guys are talking about.

I was halfway through my Bombcast, man!

I'm sure this has been answered, but what happened to all of my podcasts? I do not have the podcast app (thank god). Were they deleted?

I guess I might look into these insta/downcast apps you guys are talking about.

I was halfway through my Bombcast, man!

What were you using to listen to your podcasts before?

Dreaver

Really loving iOS 7 so far. It looks really good and refreshing. I love iOS but I have always hated the design until this refresh. I also love how smooth and easy everything is. The bottom bar you can pull it is pretty damn great. I love how I can do everything really fast with just 1 hand.

Wow, iOS7 has really blown me away. I love that changing the wallpapers almost seems to change the entire "theme" of your phone (due to the transparency effects).

I can see how some might be annoyed by the extra animations, but I really enjoy them.

The only real gripe I have is the calendar app. Where's my month view??!?!?!? Perhaps I'll get used to it, but the problem is made worse by the fact that when scrolling between days there is a lag before the screen scrolls to show you the day's appointments. So if you're scrolling through days quickly, you might think there are no events but really the stupid phone just hasn't showed them yet.

Lo-Volt

I really don't like the Music app too much. It's bright and that's fine, but it feels a little scrunched when using a 3.5" iPhone. The scrubber is almost impossible to grab with my clumsy thumb, it's so thin. (Is Apple telling me to get a 5s? Well, keep them in stock before turning an important app into an advertisement for the new phone.) And it even needs a top-layered menu just to activate shuffle? Is there something wrong with icons in the Ive era, too?

What were you using to listen to your podcasts before?

The music app housed podcasts, as long as you didn't have the Podcasts app installed. I used and preferred it, but they took that option away in iOS 7. I downloaded the Podcasts app and so far, so good. Bonus: I no longer have to sync with iTunes to get new podcasts (I know, other apps have done this for a long time, but I'm an old fart).

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I think I broke my weather app.

unLvQL0.png

How do I get back my hour to hour temps?

Edit: never mind, it just came back.

Tobor

Wow, iOS7 has really blown me away. I love that changing the wallpapers almost seems to change the entire "theme" of your phone (due to the transparency effects).

I can see how some might be annoyed by the extra animations, but I really enjoy them.

The only real gripe I have is the calendar app. Where's my month view??!?!?!? Perhaps I'll get used to it, but the problem is made worse by the fact that when scrolling between days there is a lag before the screen scrolls to show you the day's appointments. So if you're scrolling through days quickly, you might think there are no events but really the stupid phone just hasn't showed them yet.

Tap the month in the upper left corner.

Ruze789

Installed iOS 7 on my 4 overnight, so I got to wake up to a nice new OS this morning. I only just installed iOS 6 about two weeks ago, and I'm not really noticing any problems at all besides a couple of slowed transition animations. Seems to perform about the same for me as 6 did.

It did take me forever to free up the 2.9gb to install it over wifi last night, I have a 16gb phone that was filled with about 9.5gig of photos and video. I tried using my laptop and iTunes, but I could not get iTunes to update to 11.1 at all.

Vyer

You can tell Siri to turn stuff like wifi and Bluetooth off and on. Could you always do that? I never noticed.

Under notification center settings everything is on for the gmail app. In the gmail app itself both accounts are set to push primary emails.

Hmm. Haven't tried the Gmail app yet. Did it get an update?

Google has extended the deadline for killing activesync so I just added my gmail account in the normal mail.

Tap the month in the upper left corner.

I want to be able to select days and see the schedule without having to back out to the month screen every time. Plus the dots that indicate that events are present in month view no longer tell me which calendar they belong to.

ido

Quick question. Text messages are still showing the actual message in the notification bar, despite me having turned off Show Preview. I want it to show I have a text, and from whom, but I don't want part of the actual message to display in the notification bar.

Any tips?

drspeedy

Anyone here using a corporate iPhone with iOS 7? Any issues? I haven't upgraded yet, and not having read the whole thread I'm not sure if there's been any issues with outlook mail, calendars or contacts.

SeanR1221

You can tell Siri to turn stuff like wifi and Bluetooth off and on. Could you always do that? I never noticed.

Hmm. Haven't tried the Gmail app yet. Did it get an update?

Google has extended the deadline for killing activesync so I just added my gmail account in the normal mail.

Actually it did get an update. Luckily it's my personal email, and my work email is still pushing. Still annoying though :p

I'm just glad it's not all my push. I was about to freak out.

Top Bottom