• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 7 | Flatness Is a Good Thing

paparazzo

Am I doing something wrong or is iTunes Radio buggy? Started a Classical Music for Studying station and after the first track it started playing Weezer, All American Rejects, etc. This is the desktop version.

Ledsen

Here's one link I found, but theres lots of others.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3882895?start=15&tstart=0

The problem is, this started happening after I updated to iOS7. I own a 4 and a 4S, and comparing the volume it's like night and day. I can barely hear the 4 but the 4S is completely fine. It was not like this yesterday, on iOS6. Your link seems to confirm this problem. The only thing that seems busted is the call speaker, speaker phone is fine, it's fine through headset as well. Nothing I've tried helps at all. This phone is basically useless now. I'll try restoring my backup from before I installed iOS7.

I just saw that this syncs with all other devices too automatically, including Android. Badass, might be the best package because of this.

curious if they fix up there syncing. before it can take up to 3 hours before it realize there was a new bombcast even though their feed says so even if I kept refreshing.

SeanR1221

Just touch the bottom of the screen to bring it back up

They changed so now you have to swipe from right to left.

The reason they changed it is that swiping right will send you back to the previous screen. It's sort of an OS-wide universal gesture, at least in Apple's apps. In Safari for instance swiping right is the same as pressing the back button.

Finally! I didn't realize I could touch the bottom. I keep swiping up a little to bring it up

Jonogunn

Okay this thing is definitely not as snappy as ios 6. I'm on iPhone 5.

Pressing home button takes longer to get to home screen. Same with multitasking.

Pressing the tabs button in Safari and immediately clicking a tab doesn't respond. Same with going back a page in settings then immediately clicking on something else.

Granted its a slight delay but noticeable enough to not feel as snappy.

I CANT be the only one who notices these things can I?

Talon

Okay this thing is definitely not as snappy as ios 6. I'm on iPhone 5.

Pressing home button takes longer to get to home screen. Same with multitasking.

Pressing the tabs button in Safari and immediately clicking a tab doesn't respond. Same with going back a page in settings then immediately clicking on something else.

Granted its a slight delay but noticeable enough to not feel as snappy.

I CANT be the only one who notices these things can I?
There's certainly a bit of a delay with the new animations, but I don't see any of the bolded.

Also, swiping in for the left to go "back" on all the native apps is really a joy to use.

Mr. Hyde

How do I upgrade my jailbroke ipad to ios7? I never use the features in the jailbreak and I enjoy ios7 on my phone, so I want to bring it to the world of ios7. Will I encounter a lot of issues if I just update to kill the jailbreak?

Edit: Nevermind. I just read a faq in cydia about it removing all the features when you update.

Phreaker

so, is the only way to delete emails is to hit the edit button on top? Shit, I liked just swiping to the right and hitting the delete button. No sir, i dont like this change at all.

What email service? I have a trash can at the middle bottom, under the email message itself when viewing an email. If in the email list, when I swipe left I see More and Trash.

Man so the update didn't add time stamps to every text message? Such a small addition. Sometimes iMessages get delayed by the Apple server and I would like to know when the actual message was sent.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Is there an XXXtra fancy ebook reader worth knowing about? iBooks isn't really down' it for me anymore.

Mr. Hyde

Seems nice but it has IAPs are they seriously only for themes?

I believe so. I haven't noticed anything being locked outside of the random assortment of paid themes. It has a lot of nice features and it is worth it to at least check out. I like that I can connect wirelessly to my calibre library, too. I manage most of my e-books with that software.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah it actually seems pretty nice. Just surprised its free. I just loaded in some books and it seems pretty swell.

jasonng

There's a number indicator on the corner of my App Store app that I can't seem to get rid of. All my apps have been updated, anyone know what the indicator means?

Mr. Hyde

Itunes said My Ipad 'failed to update' and now the ipad is stuck on an apple logo with a grey bar underneath it with no progress whatsoever. Is there a way to fix that?

Edit: I am going through recovery mode and then updating. Oh well. At least I know there won't be any old jailbroke errors popping up, if that's even possible.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Yeah, I noticed that battery drain for my iPad 2, but I noticed that performance has slightly gotten better after 10 hours of use. I am hoping that subsequent firmware updates will make it fast and snappy.

iOS 6.0 was kind of like that too, it was slow as crap (initially), but it got much much better with subsequent firmware updates and bug fixes.

I'm guessing there's no way to change the opacity (or any aspect) of the blurred glass bar at the bottom (housing the mainstay icons)? It's really jarring.

kick51

Banned
Oh sweet, this isn't coming out for my 4th Gen iPod. I'm done getting bothered by updates, woo hoo!

Only way they get me on 5th gen or later is 128gb

Can someone tell me what the current Google Chrome icon is supposed to look like in iOS7? In the app store it's flat with a black background but on my phone its has a white background and a little beveled edge. I'm trying to figure out if my phone is not displaying the icon properly.

Sean

Banned
I'm guessing there's no way to change the opacity (or any aspect) of the blurred glass bar at the bottom (housing the mainstay icons)? It's really jarring.

Settings > General > Accessibility > Increase Contrast

That will disable the blur/transparencies.

Can someone tell me what the current Google Chrome icon is supposed to look like in iOS7? In the app store it's flat with a black background but on my phone its has a white background and a little beveled edge. I'm trying to figure out if my phone is not displaying the icon properly.

The white version is the most current version. Same with Drive, which also used to be black but was changed to white right after the iOS7 GM came out.

Guess Who

Banned
How much larger is this than ios6? Cause I lost 2gb but I'm assuming that's ios7's doing?

YSdg2C6.png

From Ars Technica.

solarus

There needs to be more thought put into the ipad version of ios 7. For example, with all of this screen space it's stupid that folders open up only a 3 by 3 grid wasting a lot of space, that's fine on an iphone, on an ipad it should display way more.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
What's up with Google updating today but still for 6?

This makes me wonder if the developer for each app has to update to the 7 keyboard andsstyle on their own, or can Apple just override the KB and buttons in the system? Of the former, I think I'll be seeing 6 keyboards for as long as I'll have this phone.

royalan

I'm surprised so many people are having issues with iOS7 on the iPad 3. I'm seeing issues being reported everywhere. And, I mean, the iPad 3 isn't THAT old...

Apple really didn't think this update through, did they?

Top Bottom