• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 7 | Flatness Is a Good Thing

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Some of my apps won't install . They still say waiting and they can't be deleted. The only way I can fix it is to manually go into itunes and click remove for the app and redownload. About 15 apps did that.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
And 2 - I wish there were some way to choose what photos got saved to the camera roll and to photo stream. Probably +70% of the photos I take are to send via Line or iMessage or something and I want to delete the photo right after it sends. It's kind of annoying have to go go into the camera roll and photo stream albums to delete individual photos multiple times a day. I could wait and do a bunch in the future but I'm too organized for that ~ ~
But you don't have to do that anymore on iOS 7, whenever you delete something from the roll it disappears from photo stream too. You even get a prompt about that when you try to delete a photo in the camera roll:

yn0NNzD.png

edit: but yeah, no way to have it not be saved to camera roll when you take it.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Ugh, you should see mine. I have 5,278 unread.
I used to have thousands too back when I used my Mac's Mail app for email storing and had it set up for POP so it would download the emails from Gmail to my hard drive and delete them from the server. I have since switched to IMAP since I use two iOS devices as well so I'm in more control about whether an email gets kept or not. (I only get emails from companies, order confirmations, newsletters and YouTube upload notifications. I mean email is practically useless now!) One day I went through once and for all and marked everything, mass deleted, cleaned things up and organized them into folders ("On My Mac"). Now I'm more anal about my email. But yeah, email for me is pretty much just useless junk I need to keep around since there's no alternative. Back in the day though I used to use it for communicating with my friend if you can believe it.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I was waiting for all my apps to get changed and look great a couple days ago, but updating to 7 right away seems to be more the exception to the rule than anything. Did apple even tell all these guys about the new os?

Iacobellis

I was waiting for all my apps to get changed and look great a couple days ago, but updating to 7 right away seems to be more the exception to the rule than anything. Did apple even tell all these guys about the new os?

No clue. I wish this had been worked on longer and released with the major iPhone launch, iPhone 6, next year.

More like lazy devs, it's not like there were no beta versions and GM.

ramyeon

Nope they just pushed the beta to developers 3 months ago for shits and giggles.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
No clue. I wish this had been worked on longer and released with the major iPhone launch, iPhone 6, next year.
Ugh. I don't think Apple could have taken another year of the old iOS. After the iOS 6 backlash, they needed to get this out there. iOS 8 will be really big I bet. I hope. And OS X 10.10. You have one year, Apple. Let's do this.

Iacobellis

Ugh. I don't think Apple could have taken another year of the old iOS. After the iOS 6 backlash, they needed to get this out there. iOS 8 will be really big I bet. I hope. And OS X 10.10. You have one year, Apple. Let's do this.

Damn... 2014 could be a huge year for Apple. iTV, (hopefully) more Retina devices, and OS X 10.10 (or OS XI).

iOS 6 backlash didn't last long, mainly just a few weeks. I'm surprised this iPhone launch has not had any negative news yet. Last year was Maps, 2011 was Siri, and 2010 was the infamous Antennagate.

How come when I unlock my phone and it goes to the home screen, sometimes it asks for my apple ID password?

Its only happened a few times, but ive also had it ask for my password when opening up apps too.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Damn... 2014 could be a huge year for Apple. iTV, (hopefully) more Retina devices, and OS X 10.10 (or OS XI).

iOS 6 backlash didn't last long, mainly just a few weeks. I'm surprised this iPhone launch has not had any negative news yet. Last year was Maps, 2011 was Siri, and 2010 was the infamous Antennagate.
Yeah, but a mediocre iOS 7 release that looked like iOS 6 would be really really bad. I'm glad they put this out. iOS was forstalled for far too long. Pun definitely intended.

And the AppleTV needs an app store yesterday.

Iacobellis

Yeah, but a mediocre iOS 7 release that looked like iOS 6 would be really really bad. I'm glad they put this out. iOS was forstalled for far too long. Pun definitely intended.

And the AppleTV needs an app store yesterday.

I'm in the minority of people that liked the Skeumorphism, I guess. It gave Apple products a sense of individuality and to be easily approachable by anyone.

ramyeon

Weird, all I can think of is that it could be a temporary connection problem/bug with the App Store. How about when you try to access them from your computer with iTunes?

I'm in the minority of people that liked the Skeumorphism, I guess. It gave Apple products a sense of individuality and to be easily approachable by anyone.

I liked it as well. When done right such as the iBook app it adds a certain charm that makes for a much more pleasant user experience. I don't dislike iOS 7 but there are certain little things that I will miss like the text chat bubbles

TUSR

Banned
Weird, all I can think of is that it could be a temporary connection problem/bug with the App Store. How about when you try to access them from your computer with iTunes?

Im going to reboot into OSX and ill give it a shot, and try a resync

ramyeon

I liked it as well. When done right such as the iBook app it adds a certain charm that makes for a much more pleasant user experience. I don't dislike iOS 7 but there are certain little things that I will miss like the text chat bubbles
I thought I'd miss it at first too, but after using iOS7 I wince every time I see those chat bubbles. It just looks so outdated and tacky now.

ramyeon

The App Store has been pretty all over the place since the launch of iOS7 :/ I get a lot of connection errors that I've never had before.

Iacobellis

I hate to bring a dead man into the conversation, but I believe the iOS of old would have stayed if Steve was still here. He favored it and had worked with Forstall since the NeXT days.

To me, iOS 6 and prior looked much more sophisticated. It looks a bit boring in comparison to iOS 7, but it did not use showy icons or awkward UI choices (ahem, Game Center).

I actually liked the linen. :(

ramyeon

I hate to bring a dead man into the conversation, but I believe the iOS of old would have stayed if Steve was still here. He favored it and had worked with Forstall since the NeXT days.

To me, iOS 6 and prior looked much more sophisticated. It looks a bit boring in comparison to iOS 7, but it did not use showy icons or awkward UI choices (ahem, Game Center).

I actually liked the linen. :(
Sophisticated? Maybe when it was first conceptualised and released back in 2007, but it was getting stale. It was time for change.

This is like a new palette. Give it time to mature, they will make changes along the way.

amnesiac

Small gripe. When I reach a long URL (like below), there's not a simple way to move the cursor left or right. I have to move those stupid select handles. This is an issue for long URLs in landscape mode, too. Wish they would add an arrow button or something since this has annoyed me since I've used the first iOS.

NrIePah.png

Top Bottom