• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 7 | Flatness Is a Good Thing

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Is there any way to increase the parallax settings? The example of it on apple's site shows the picture really having depth, being "box-like", but when in actual use on my phone, the picture just slides up and down a few pixels.

Heh, yeah.
I never even notice it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hahaha, damn.

pkK9IWA.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It's this picture that fooled so many people:

jcjbnjm.png

As much as I love iOS 7, I hate that they decided to have the song, artist and album name text angled in place of an album cover for tracks without a cover. Hate it.

Somehow the music player got worse. More clicks and more stuff to scroll through.

Actually, they've added a lot more clicks around places, like iMessage and Photos.

Laranja

I'm sorry if it has been discussed already, but is anyone having a problem with the screen staying lit when the device is not being used? It's happened at least a couple of times on my iPod touch.

Today, for instance, the screen was still turned on when I got back to my room after taking a shower.

zigg

Sometimes (most of the time) people make up shit on twitter for comedic effect, but newspapers seem completely oblivious to this.
While true, there is also a shocking amount of technical illiteracy (despite the tired assertions that this generation is somehow composed of technically-literate superpeople.)

I'm inclined to believe some went for it and tried it simply because they lack the immediate check of "hey, wait, software can't actually do that…"

Iacobellis

I'm sorry if it has been discussed already, but is anyone having a problem with the screen staying lit when the device is not being used? It's happened at least a couple of times on my iPod touch.

Today, for instance, the screen was still turned on when I got back to my room after taking a shower.

I would check the Auto-Lock setting first.

While true, there is also a shocking amount of technical illiteracy (despite the tired assertions that this generation is somehow composed of technically-literate superpeople.)

I'm inclined to believe some went for it and tried it simply because they lack the immediate check of "hey, wait, software can't actually do that…"

When the only computer class most schools teach is a Typing class, and if you're lucky, Microsoft Office, what can you expect? A computer science 101 and programming class should be required in every school.

Laranja

Was it plugged in to charge?

Nope.

The only other similar instance I've managed to come across was a user on MacRumors reporting that the screen on his iPhone 5 would stay lit after notifications. I can't remember the other two times, but there was no notification on my iPod when I got back in my room.

I don't know if it's related, but I just picked it up and noticed both the notification and the control center don't show up when I make the respective gestures.

Think that I heard about that waterproof thing before, maybe in one of the earlier iOS updates (as a sick joke, not as a real thing)

Been hearing that people are getting texts to/from the wrong people in their contacts and the common element is ios7.

I think it's a different cause but if I try to facetime my sister over my wifi iPad, it also rings her husband even though I am contacting her via her phone number, not the email address.

iOS 7 is utter pants the more I use it.

I was having problems with a bunch of music showing up that I did not want. Even after turning off the options for showing purchases and cloud music. Figured out that I had to go to General>Usage and wait for the Music folder to pop up and delete the whole thing. That wiped all music but not the app and allowed me to add all my music again without having the stuff I didn't want.

Having problems with the weather app also, default location refuses to update. And something is wrong with playing music through Bluetooth, sounds all "tin-ey".

Ok either this is a bug or some hidden setting

My podcast app automatically pauses when i unlock the phone?

I'm having all sorts of wierdness with audio backrounding. Instacast will randomly stop responding to the control panel controls, and not begin playing after and alarm or call

Oppo

Have you guys tried turning on bold type, under Accessibility?

I think I like it better. Just straight Helvetica, not the super thin variant.

Gannd

Banned
I wish apple would allow me to see what case a letter is in on the keyboard. It's one of my biggest pet peeves going back to the first iPhone.

Majine

Banned
There is a bug on iPad Mini where folders in the bottom trey gets colorswapped like horisontally. So the folder on the far left has the color that the far right should have, and now it looks dumb.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
What I like about the update is that Safari seems more stable. When I opened youtube/gif-heavy gaf-pages on 6, it'd crash most of the time, now it loads those pages just fine.

Curtisaur

Forum Landmine
Album art that showed up for me in iOS 6 is no longer showing up for me in iOS 7 and I don't like the music layout in general. /whine

Top Bottom