• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 7 | Flatness Is a Good Thing

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You can change what type of file it is in iTunes. Right click > get info

vyjqcpW.png

Also, if you have downcast or another third party podcast app you can import mp3s from the app

Just got around to seeing this.

Thank you. Thank you SO much.

bananas

Banned
After owning an iPhone 4S and iPad third gen two years ago, I sold those and moved to a Lumia 920 then a Galaxy Nexus and a Nexus 7.

Well, I've since sold my Nexus 7 and bought an iPhone 5 and iPad mini. No matter how hard I try, they keep pulling me back in.

(I'm keeping the Galaxy Nexus to check out future versions of Android and apps, etc. I do really like Android, in a lot of ways it's better than iOS, but iOS has the better hardware and app ecosystem. Can't really compete.)

Symphonia

Banned
WhatsApp is a weird app. It's really always looked like crap and lagged releases, and yet somehow is huge.

There was a post a week or so ago that a new version was in testing, but still seemed to have a fair amount of bugs.
I didn't really use it before but I use it daily now. I just hate how it looks on iOS 7 with its pre-iOS 7 look and feel. The leaked screenshots of the update look like a vast improvement.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
My iPad 4 on iOS7 is, for some reason, putting about half the tweets in my stream on Notification Center (IE not just tweets I'm mentioned in, just tweets in my stream at random). Anyone have a guess as to how I could avoid this?

Dany

Banned
I wish I could feed artists,songs, genre into a radio station. I'm sticking for pandora for the foreseeable future.

Dany

Banned
Oh god damn. I never had that come up before.

Maybe becuase I was using their premade radio stations. But I was clicking on the little info button during a song playing and that doesn't come up. so that is why I assumed it didn't have it.

Vyer

Any help with my problem with my phone's music store constantly crashing on startup? Or am I boned atm?

iTunes app not starting?

There's some sort of bug with the search field in app. Get to the store through another app (like Music or Video) and once you're in clear the search field. Should stop happening.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
iTunes app not starting?

There's some sort of bug with the search field in app. Get to the store through another app (like Music or Video) and once you're in clear the search field. Should stop happening.
Thanks, it's fixed now. Weird bug there.

Epix

Is this something that's changed with iOS7....I can no longer sync birthdays from Facebook into my iOS contacts. I can sync the contacts themsevles (name, picture, email) but no birthday, even though they have a birthdays specified on their FB profile.

Is this new?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
My iPad 4 on iOS7 is, for some reason, putting about half the tweets in my stream on Notification Center (IE not just tweets I'm mentioned in, just tweets in my stream at random). Anyone have a guess as to how I could avoid this?
You can set individual users you follow to always issue push notifications for their tweets. Check your profile Twitter settings in the app.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
You can set individual users you follow to always issue push notifications for their tweets. Check your profile Twitter settings in the app.

Bizarre if this is the case because it doesn't do it on my phone and never did it on my iPad before now. But I'll check that out.

Edit: Yes, apparently I had this turned on for the first ten or so people that I ever followed, even though I never saw this happen ever before now ???

Phreaker

Oh god damn. I never had that come up before.

Maybe becuase I was using their premade radio stations. But I was clicking on the little info button during a song playing and that doesn't come up. so that is why I assumed it didn't have it.

You just have to click the big + for a new station and you should be able to type that in the search box at the top.

I've had Janet Jackson's "When I Think of You" play on two different trance Artist channels I created. WTF? It's like iTunes Radio is rickrolling.

X-Frame

Has an issue with syncing smart playlists or music in general since upgrading to iOS been brought up by anybody?

I can't get my iPad or iPhone to sync with my "Not-Rated" Smart Playlist for the life of me, and this is my most important Smart Playlist to have on my devices since I like to listen and rate all my songs.

Can anyone help in getting this synced? Or maybe test this Smart Playlist on your devices to see if it's something specifically with me?

It's simply:

Media Kind = Music
Rating = *nothing*

This won't sync at all, it's pretty frustrating. Happened since updating to iOS 7.

Is this something that's changed with iOS7....I can no longer sync birthdays from Facebook into my iOS contacts. I can sync the contacts themsevles (name, picture, email) but no birthday, even though they have a birthdays specified on their FB profile.

Is this new?

Odd, it worked for me (although apparently OS X 10.8 doesn't support this yet) when I set it up on my 5s.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I've had Janet Jackson's "When I Think of You" play on two different trance Artist channels I created. WTF? It's like iTunes Radio is rickrolling.
If you select "Never play this again", does iTunes Radio mean on any station or just on that station? Are stations completely segregated in how you influence them? Or is it on a personal level and choices carry across stations?

If you select "Never play this again", does iTunes Radio mean on any station or just on that station? Are stations completely segregated in how you influence them? Or is it on a personal level and choices carry across stations?

All parameters you input will only affect that station. However, I've found that if you select "Play More Like This" it will repeat that particular song more often, so it's better to not select anything at all.

Vyer

Speaking of Face time Audio, I used it last night to talk to a buddy while playing GTA since my headset crapped out. Crystal clear and worked great.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
About the only thing I need from JBing now is to change the font back to 7 beta 1 style.

Enzom21

Honestly, there aren't too many things that Cydia adds that haven't already been added in iOS 7 (true multitasking, flash light anywhere, tool bar)
There are plenty of small tweaks that make iOS perfect.
Zephyr- I prefer sliding up to close an app or to open the app switcher.

Bitesms- The ability to message anywhere. I don't get why we still can't respond to a message without having to open the messages app.

Lockscreen touch controls- swiping to change a song on the Lockscreen is far more intuitive than those little controls.

LCfiner

I'm pretty sure it's called auto-brightness :-/

not really. flux is different. colour temperate adjustment can make a huge difference - it can be much easier on eyes than just dimming the display. I love it on my Mac.

Sadly, I think the chance Apple will add this to iOS is, like, 2%...

mrkgoo

Lol, just had the weirdest crash.

I was typing an email, and it suddenly became a little less responsive. no taps worked. text I had typed was lagging...

Then I hit home and it went to home, back into email, and it was still hung.

Then it crashed out to the home page, my background had gone, and icons were wiggling. Then with a flash, it was back to normal. I was like some insanity effect from Eternal Darkness or soemthing

Iacobellis

Lol, just had the weirdest crash.

I was typing an email, and it suddenly became a little less responsive. no taps worked. text I had typed was lagging...

Then I hit home and it went to home, back into email, and it was still hung.

Then it crashed out to the home page, my background had gone, and icons were wiggling. Then with a flash, it was back to normal. I was like some insanity effect from Eternal Darkness or soemthing

Shit! You should have taken a screenshot! I noticed my iPhone 5 would crash sometime in iTunes Radio, causing the phone to "respring". I was able to take a screenshot of the Apple logo, too.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
The only things I ditched were f.lux and Adblock.

The only thing I ditched were BiteSMS, I liked being able to reply and send messages from anywhere instead of always opening the app, and of course f.lux. I can leave BiteSMS behind and be fine, but it just isn't the same without f.lux, will be the main reason I JB on iOS7.

neoism

so guys anyone with an ipod touch 5th gen is it best to stay with ios 6 or is ios 7 not so laggy... also if upgrading does it delete all your music and stuff????
I looked for a comparison video ios6 vs ios7 but couldn't find anything good. :/ most of the vids are for the phones

LCfiner

so guys anyone with an ipod touch 5th gen is it best to stay with ios 6 or is ios 7 not so laggy... also if upgrading does it delete all your music and stuff????
I looked for a comparison video ios6 vs ios7 but couldn't find anything good. :/ most of the vids are for the phones

my brother has a 5th gen ipod touch and I’ve used it a little since the update. runs fine, as far as I can tell.

Hiccup

Banned
My neice has an iphone 4 and I was with her this weekend. She had updated to iOS 7. I truly cannot believe Apple allowed this phone to have iOS7. It is absolutely horrendous.

Top Bottom