• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 7 | Flatness Is a Good Thing

zigg

I can get it OTA on my 4S, but I've not the space, and besides I'm sucking up all the bandwidth downloading Mav.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Whoa opening folders and apps has a new animation. It fades in and out now. Guess they listened to the complaints. I liked it before but it does seem faster now. Is this a 4S thing only or all devices?

mollipen

Just tried out the level feature thingy in the compass

Flat on desk
Before update: -4°
After update: 0° ~ -1°

On side
Before update: -2°
After update: 0°

So, for anyone concerned with that, issue on the iPhone 5S seems to be fixed. Also, I do not like the new "reduced animation" transitions at all. Good for those who wanted less movement, but feels cheap to me. So, I guess I'll have to have that option turned off (to turn animations back on).

edgefusion

I never had any motion sickness but I had reduce motion switched off because I thought the parallax effect was stupid. Glad to hear it gets rid of those slow-ass zoom animations now too!

Oh my god it even gets rid of the ultra slow-mo icon float in after unlock. <3 7.0.3

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Much easier to unlock the phone with Touch ID now. Loving this.

Wow, turned on Reduce Motion and this is awesome. I thought the transition animations were there to mask loading times, but on my iPhone 5S at least, it instantly goes into the app. The whole zoom animation seems to pointless now.

Be patient with your iCloud keychain SMS approval codes. I think I asked for too many because it was being slow and now I'm locked out of the SMS approval I think. Lovely.

jediyoshi

Thank god for the podcast update, they took their time

r8Lgl1s.png
ZJ4N9Tr.png

mollipen

App updates must be hitting people in stages, because I've gotten some but not all. (I got Numbers and Keynote earlier, just got Pages and Find My iPhone, haven't gotten Podcasts yet.)

Edit: Spoke too soon! Just showed up. Still a VERY stupid thing in the Podcasts app: My Podcasts isn't sorted alphabetically. I can at least manually sort them now, but why should I have to? Give me the option to auto sort alphabetically! I hate how Apple also broke this in desktop iTunes.

I think the AgileBits folks mentioned hope that 1Password would be able to tap into iCloud Keychain. I'm not sure that feasible, and if not, I'd like to see iOS have a standalone Keychain app.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
fuck icloud keychain
Why? What's wrong with it? (I use both KeyChain and 1Password actually)
dat updates

7U0B7bB.png
I love the color scheme when all the apps are together. Too bad I won't use half of them.

But where's iBooks? That glossy wood icon is terrible on my eyes.
I think the AgileBits folks mentioned hope that 1Password would be able to tap into iCloud Keychain. I'm not sure that feasible, and if not, I'd like to see iOS have a standalone Keychain app.
They did. It's in 1Password 4 for both iOS and Mac. You need both for it to work.

Noema

I installed 7.0.3 OTA on my iPhone 4 and now I'm getting a message that says "Connect to iTunes to recieve push notifications" and none of my apps is pushing any notifications.

Also, I got logged off iMessage and I can't log back in.

WTF! Anyone else experiencing this?

Also, that Pages icon is absolutely hideous.

NYR

Lock screen looks so weird without "slide to unlock" on a 5S, tons on dead space on the screen now.

Why? What's wrong with it? (I use both KeyChain and 1Password actually)

I love the color scheme when all the apps are together. Too bad I won't use half of them.

But where's iBooks? That glossy wood icon is terrible on my eyes.

They did. It's in 1Password 4 for both iOS and Mac. You need both for it to work.

They added iCloud syncing between iOS and OS X, but I don't think it can tap into your iCloud Keychain.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
They added iCloud syncing between iOS and OS X, but I don't think it can tap into your iCloud Keychain.
Oh, yeah. No. 1Password uses its own database. It's a competitor to KeyChain that's cross-platform. I wasn't expecting to have it utilize my KC database. I actually only use 1Password and the Command+\ key combination in my browser quite a bit. The only time I interact with KeyChain is when it pops itself up. I have all but turned it off. But I like it on.

It appears that Apple is trying to make KeyChain more like 1Password. So I wouldn't be surprised if eventually I just switch to only using KeyChain.

Oh, yeah. No. 1Password uses its own database. It's a competitor to KeyChain that's cross-platform. I wasn't expecting to have it utilize my KC database. I actually only use 1Password and the Command+\ key combination in my browser quite a bit. The only time I interact with KeyChain is when it pops itself up. I have all but turned it off. But I like it on.

It appears that Apple is trying to make KeyChain more like 1Password. So I wouldn't be surprised if eventually I just switch to only using KeyChain.

I've used 1Pass for about a year and I like it, but wouldn't be opposed to using KeyChain instead. I haven't really dug into KeyChain yet as I just updated to Mavericks and 7.0.3 on my iPhone and iPad. I'm going to use both in tandem for now and see if I can get away with just using KeyChain. About the only think that would even keep me using 1Pass is that I still use my old Windows machine for stuff every so often.

Dany

Banned
So dumb. I downloaded iphoto to my phone, and it turned out it downloaded the previous version so now im downloading the update.

so dumb.

All true.

iCloud's syncing passwords between mobile and desktop Safari is great, unfortunately that's all it's really good for. On my phone I want a cleaner way of interacting with passwords for apps etc, and on my desktop I want more control over form info, secure notes, etc.

I guess password sync, and info database will remain separate until mobile extensions happen (not seeing this on the horizon), or Apple goes all-in on a 1Password clone (Keychain app), or buys them.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
All true.

iCloud's syncing passwords between mobile and desktop Safari is great, unfortunately that's all it's really good for. On my phone I want a cleaner way of interacting with passwords for apps etc, and on my desktop I want more control over form info, secure notes, etc.

I guess password sync, and info database will remain separate until mobile extensions happen (not seeing this on the horizon), or Apple goes all-in on a 1Password clone (Keychain app), or buys them.
I stick with 1Password because it has an app on my phone and let's me store notes and other information inside instead of just passwords.

And I keep Keychain for the convenience of filling stuff in automatically for me on iOS.

Top Bottom