• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 8 |OT| Huge for developers. Massive for everyone else.

Noema

What? No swiping on iPad with swiftley? Have they said why not? If it is down to the size of the keyboard then give me the option of an iPhone sized keyboard, I don't mind as long as I can type faster

From Anandtech

Unfortunately, I was unable to test Flow as the iPad version of the keyboard does not have it. This is due to memory limitations imposed on extensions. The functionality and visual effects for SwiftKey Flow when run on an iPad exceeds this amount of RAM which is why only the version for iPhone and iPod Touch includes it. Flow is most useful in a one handed situation on a phone so I'm not heartbroken by its omission in the iPad version. That being said, I am still hopeful that SwiftKey will be able to do further optimization to eventually bring Flow to iPad.

Megasoum

Banned
wtf I need 4.7gb free to install the update? I'm on a 16gb phone... That's more than 1/3 of the phone... I will basically have to delete all my music tonight just to install the update.

wtf I need 4.7gb free to install the update? I'm on a 16gb phone... That's more than 1/3 of the phone... I will basically have to delete all my music tonight just to install the update.

Yea I pretty much had to do that but it turns out my messages was taking up more storage space than my music apparently. I'm about 70% in. It's still in the preparing to update phase.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

Apparently you can just update via iTunes to bypass that.

Apparently you can just update via iTunes to bypass that.

Yea but some people have received errors and have had to restore to factory settings. I just deleted a lot of pointless things I didn't really need. The music I can always put it back because I have it organized on iTunes anyway.

Anno

I'd encourage everyone to give Spotlight some love. On my 5s it's stopped hitching completely. I now throw all but my most used apps into a general folder and just start them through spotlight.

There's no chance that Reminders got any kind of update, is there? I use it, but it's always been pretty buggy, especially when you go to share it.

noomi

so.... is there a way to get rid of recent contacts in multi-tasking? I don't want it on my ipad....

Any way to cancel OTA update? On iTunes it says 6 minutes left to download. But its been on "preparing update" for like an hour now OTA.

Kattbuss

For everyone that gets the updating app loop, I was able to "solve" it by deleting the app and downloading it again. Not an optimal solution obviously but it worked.
Happened for me on 1pass, Facebook and Find my iPhone.

1Password works in Safari, but it won't unlock with TouchID. I'm having to enter my password. Anyone else on this? TouchID is enabled to unlock in the app.

SuperPac

Whoa Swype is just weird. Neat though! Been so used to the standard iPhone keyboard that typing this is throwing me off

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Installing now on the 4S that I use as an iPod. Hope it doesn't hurt general performance even more than the iOS 7 did.

KingKong

uh so I just downloaded it, prepared to install, did the install and when it restarted it was still on 7 and it's making me download it again? I guess it didnt take

Hadn't seen it confirmed here, but for those curious: it's the same build as GM. So anyone who ran with that when it released like I did is good to go when the next update comes out.

Waiting for someone in here that has an iPad 3 to tell me if iOS 8 performs better, worse, or the same as iOS7. I'll only download it if it's the same or better performance wise.

Top Bottom