• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 8 |OT| Huge for developers. Massive for everyone else.

Asphalt 8 just put out an update using Metal to get better graphics on A7 and A8 devices. They used the free CPU to add a new mode with 3x the number of CPU opponents.

Metal is going to be some literally game-changing shit.

That's impressive if that's really how big of a difference Metal can be for a game.

it's app updatemagdeon!

Asphalt 8 got a Metal update
Yahoo Weather has a today extension
VSCO Cam has a bunch of advanced camera controls.

-Horizon-

So how long does this preparing update last... been over 10 min already :/

IlDcIcT.gif

I'm still waiting too lol

The App Store is having a major freakout for me. I'm trying to update apps, they appear to finish updating, and then they go back in the update list as if they were never updated.

You have updated iOS already?

I can't even get my storage to appear so I can see what I should delete.

kaskade

Update speed for my iPad is going quick. I'm just limited by my internet speed right now. If I was home I'd probably be done already. 20 mins left.

ramyeon

The App Store is having a major freakout for me. I'm trying to update apps, they appear to finish updating, and then they go back in the update list as if they were never updated.
Me too, some of them have finally worked now but Facebook for example keeps restarting over and over again. Pretty annoying, must be a server issue.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Ha, this is actually quite exciting, considering it's an OS update. Hope all you guys enjoy it! I'm on holiday and can't experience it for myself. Actually, I have a 4 so I won't be able to update anyway, but my 6 arrives on Friday and when I get my hands on it I'll be pumped to try all the new features (plus all the ones I missed from previous phones).

SuperPac

Me too, some of them have finally worked now but Facebook for example keeps restarting over and over again. Pretty annoying, must be a server issue.

This started happening to me on Monday only with apps that were seemingly updated "for iOS8." Others were fine. I hope this is some switch Apple just hasn't flipped yet and not something that's going to persist.

Mindwipe

So iPhoto is no longer supported in iOS 8. I thought that meant it would just be no longer updated, but I was presented with this:

The site that "Learn More" links to doesn't appear to be live yet.

Hmm. That seems really quite shit for people who paid for iPhoto.

lucius

Just started the update says 1 hour remaining, I probably should have waited a few days to do this, that seems long.

I guess there is no way to cancel out once it starts the update download?

Goldenhen

Just started the update says 1 hour remaining, I probably should have waited a few days to do this that seems long.

I guess there no way to cancel out once it starts the update download?

Update via iTunes is a lot quicker than updating via OTA.

Top Bottom