• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 8 |OT| Huge for developers. Massive for everyone else.

Afrodium

Banned
I'm being told that iOS 8 will need 6.9gb to install. That space will free up once it's done, right? My iPad is only 16gb.

I wish widgets would disappear from the today view if they had nothing to show. OpenTable has a link to go to the app since I don't have any current reservations and the New York Times has nothing but its bar is still there.

Showing for me on iphone but not on itunes, I don't have 4+ GB free on my iphone to update trough it, I'll wait for itunes to prompt me for it.

ramyeon

Man, since I have the GM I don't get to update anything. Kinda fun doing that.
Kind of, but then I think of how many people will be updating OTA today and I'm glad I don't have to deal with that haha.

Plus, app updates are the best part! Especially this time around.

justjohn

It says update requested and they'll let me know when it's ready. What?

Edit: error message. I see this is going to take a while.

Mindwipe

I was secretly hoping there would be a revision tbh. I think there'll be a lot of complaints about the buggy wifi tomorrow.

Chuckpebble

So iPhoto is no longer supported in iOS 8. I thought that meant it would just be no longer updated, but I was presented with this:

Photo%20Sep%2017%2C%201%2005%2029%20PM.png

The site that "Learn More" links to doesn't appear to be live yet.

Guess Who

Banned
Asphalt 8 just put out an update using Metal to get better graphics on A7 and A8 devices. They used the free CPU to add a new mode with 3x the number of CPU opponents.

Metal is going to be some literally game-changing shit.

kaskade

I forgot I have my iPad to update. I guess I get some of the excitement which involves deleting half the shit off my device. I don't know how people can live with the 16gb phone.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
So iPhoto is no longer supported in iOS 8. I thought that meant it would just be no longer updated, but I was presented with this:

The site that "Learn More" links to doesn't appear to be live yet.
They baked many of the iPhoto features into Photos at least (as it should've been from the start).

Top Bottom