• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 8 |OT| Huge for developers. Massive for everyone else.

MicH

Finally finished upgrading to iOS 8. This is also my first time using SwiftKey and I'm really surprised how well it really works! (This post was written using the swipe feature)

EDIT Oh, I'm running it on an iPhone 4S and it's not that much more sluggish. I'm happy!

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
How do you do the swiping to type stuff? I have the keyboard installed and active and the option on, but nothing.

Am I wrong, but I thought there was a way to automatically save photos and videos to the phone from Messages. Like, someone texts me a video or photo and it automatically gets saved in my Photos app so that when I connect my phone to my Mac, it gets uploaded to iPhoto automatically.

My question got put at the end of the last page in the middle of a bunch of swifkey posts. bumping it for the new page.

B33

Banned
I downloaded the update via the phone. Upon tapping "Install Now" I was informed that the update is "unavailable."

Great.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Really sad and a bit silly that iPad has less available ram than iPhone (I guess the screen res affects it?)

If I don't get one decent alternative keyboard I'll be really passed off. Default ios one is so clunky

I get the size thing. So give me a little pad to use

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Well... I'm downloading iOS8... but I'm hesitant to update because it's been my habit to wait for a jailbreak.

But jailbreaking is so unnecessary these days. Pretty much the biggest features of it are trivial things like AdBlock and scrobbling to Last.fm (and you know... I bet with the new extensions there will be a way to do the latter without jailbreaking soon?)

I don't care about jailbreaking anymore, do I? I should just update? thoughts?

The idea of giving Swiftkey access to my Gmail account is kind of creepy. I can deal with it seeing what I post on Facebook though.

The idea of giving Swiftkey access to my Gmail account is kind of creepy. I can deal with it seeing what I post on Facebook though.

Yup. I was going to sign in with Google till I saw that permission. Decided to use Facebook instead since I rarely post anything anyways.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
How the Swype and Swiftkey apps show up on iTunes but not when I type it into the App Store on my iPhone?

dork

Banned
When i go into a text with swiftkey installed now, it doesnt auto scroll the texts up, so i cant read what the last text was. I assume that will get fixed?

sirap

IOS 8 feels slightly sluggish on my IPad Air. 7 was much snappier. Hopefully they'll fix whatever is going on with the os.

Oh and do all the functionalities (except for quicktype of course) that SwiftKey has work with unsupported languages like Dutch? Like the whole intelligent learning thing?

Glad Apple is opening some things up but man do these third party keyboards seem creepy as hell. It feels like I just openly installed a keylogger on my phone. I'm not sure any level of better prediction or swipe typing is worth that.

Top Bottom