• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 8 |OT| Huge for developers. Massive for everyone else.

Having a weird issue where I've tried to send an icloud verification email to my GMail address, but it won't send because each time I try, I get a pop-up saying it can't connect to icloud. Yet icloud is working working just fine.

Edit: Went to manage my Apple ID and said it was already verified. Weird...

Am I crazy, or does the new Dropbox update not have extensions for share sheets and such? I wish I could send stuff there directly from the photos app, for example. Seems like a glaring omission.

Why is it that in some 'Moments' in the Photos App Photos Tab, I can save all Images in the Moment to my Recent Images but in some 'Moments' I cannot regardless of the size. this is really frustating me

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I don't understand "hey siri". You need power connected so can't use it except when it isn't near you? I guess maybe on a bedside table?

Enzom21

So two questions:

1. Should I update my 4S to iOS 8?

2. If not, will I have to update it before creating the backup I'll be restoring on my 6 when it arrives?

You don't have to do anything with your 4S, you can just restore your 6 from your latest backup.

Can someone explain this to me? Why do some photos have heart at the bottom and some don't If I press heart it becomes enabled as favorite but the other picture does not have the option to favorite it

Here is an example

Without favorite option
IMG_0200.PNG

with favorite option

Carlisle

Indeed. This has been really bugging me. (iPad Air)

iPad Air here as well, experiencing the same issue. Wifi speeds are awful now. Half the time the page load times out. All other devices in my apartment work fine, but those that have been upgraded to iOS8. I'm guessing it's some kind of bug. Did a cursory search on it and there are threads open in a few places complaining about slow/non-responsive wifi after the update.

Pretty frustrating.

iPad Air here as well, experiencing the same issue. Wifi speeds are awful now. Half the time the page load times out. All other devices in my apartment work fine, but those that have been upgraded to iOS8. I'm guessing it's some kind of bug. Did a cursory search on it and there are threads open in a few places complaining about slow/non-responsive wifi after the update.

Pretty frustrating.

Do you have the SpeedTest app? If so what kind of difference are you experiencing?

Vyer

Can someone explain this to me? Why do some photos have heart at the bottom and some don't If I press heart it becomes enabled as favorite but the other picture does not have the option to favorite it

Here is an example

Without favorite option

with favorite option

from what I could tell the ones with the heart are on the device storage

as I mentioned here it's the only way I could immediately see to recognize photo stream photos (other than of course knowing you didn't take the photo on that specific device.

Pretty frustrating.

I reset my network settings, it fixed it for me

jts

...hate me...

Here is an example

Without favorite option

with favorite option
You can't favorite a picture with a single basket of peaches in it. 2 is minimum.

Pretty sure they explained this at the keynote.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

Here is an example

Without favorite option

with favorite option

Photos you can favorite are locally stored, photos you can't favorite are in the Cloud/another iOS device.

You can't favorite a picture with a single basket of peaches in it. 2 is minimum.

Pretty sure they explained this at the keynote.

Photos you can favorite are locally stored, photos you can't favorite are in the Cloud/another iOS device.

from what I could tell the ones with the heart are on the device storage

as I mentioned here it's the only way I could immediately see to recognize photo stream photos (other than of course knowing you didn't take the photo on that specific device.

So here is the issue. say ONE of the photos in one of your 'Moment' photos is in your local recent folder. the other 150 are not. As a result of this, I cannot share the MOMENTand then press save all 151 instead i have to manually chose all 150 to save in my recent pictures (which is required as some apps only access recent pictures not photos tab). if I have a moment which has 200 pictures and none of them have a heart (saved locally) then i can press share and save all 200 in recent.

entremet

Anyone else finds iOS8 much faster and stable? So much better than iOS7, which has been wonky for a while.

I have a retina mini and iPhone 5s.

noomi

Can anyone here that has a 4s and is running io8 confirm that app suggestions are not even an option?

Settings > iTunes & App Store > App Suggestions on the bottom of the page

I don't even show an option for it.

Vyer

So here is the issue. say ONE of the photos in one of your 'Moment' photos is in your local recent folder. the other 150 are not. As a result of this, I cannot share the MOMENTand then press save all 151 instead i have to manually chose all 150 to save in my recent pictures (which is required as some apps only access recent pictures not photos tab). if I have a moment which has 200 pictures and none of them have a heart (saved locally) then i can press share and save all 200 in recent.

I read this like 3 times and I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. I'm sorry. :( Do you mean you have a bulk of photos from one moment and you want to save them all locally into an album?

Carlisle

did you try network reset

I'm trying it now. Will update with results.

Edit:
33.26 mbps!

Thanks for the tip! In the other threads I'd read, it seemed most people tried that to no avail so I didn't want to waste my time. Also I was annoyed that I should even have to reset all my network settings just to unbreak the update, but oh well. At least I'm back up and running. Thanks again.

Top Bottom