• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 8 |OT| Huge for developers. Massive for everyone else.

Sapiens

Have any other 4S chumps noticed ios8 working a little better now than it was last week? Still slow and buggy, but it seems less so. I really, really want this 4S to last me to next year...

Ghazi

Have any other 4S chumps noticed ios8 working a little better now than it was last week? Still slow and buggy, but it seems less so. I really, really want this 4S to last me to next year...
Probably took some time for indexing and accommodating to the device. It was slower on my 5S a week ago, running smoothly now.

5c chump here and I am noticing a slight improvement when opening apps and the general flow of the UI.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Yeah, it got smoother over time on my 4S too, expected that to happen too when I saw it was chugging right after I updated.

Also, yesterday I managed to update to 8.0.1 before it was pulled and it got even smoother. Music scrolling doesn't stutter like in 8.0 etc.

dLMN8R

I was complaining earlier in the thread about my iPod Touch's performance, which I guess is basically a 4S.

What helped was a complete wipe and restore, so things are performing a little better now, but it's still a lot worse than iOS 7.

Apps randomly crash all the time when they previously didn't, swipes and gestures are still not as responsive (especially Control Center from the lock screen), but it's better than it was when I originally updated to iOS 8.

Futureman

I have a wonky brightness slider in the quick control thing. It's telling me I'm at 100% brightness. I move it back to about 50%. Then when I unlock my phone the next time the brightness is all the way down at the lowest setting.

so, am i just hearing things or does my phone now do 2 slow vibrations for an email and 2 regular vibrations for a text? I feel like im going crazy here, wondering if i'm just not hearing things right.

Double D

Is anyone having issues with Twitter? I have a 5S that I upgraded to 8.0, then proceeded to download the twitter update. Since then, the twitter app just sits there and constantly loads, but nothing ever shows. Today another Twitter update was released and I thought that would fix it, but it's doing the same thing.

Googling around, other people are having the exact same issue but I've yet to find a resolution.

Appleman

I have a wonky brightness slider in the quick control thing. It's telling me I'm at 100% brightness. I move it back to about 50%. Then when I unlock my phone the next time the brightness is all the way down at the lowest setting.

Could be the auto-brightness doing its thing?

sangreal

camera+ was updated to support photo extensions so you can use it to edit photos right in the photos app. good stuff -- no longer need to import or keep photos in the lightbox

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Meant, just bought a filter app that supposedly has good extension support but when I open it in the photos app it just hangs on the loading spiral.

giga

mwWSqVB.png

Going for it. You pansies.

RM8

I. hate. this:

Because of the bigger keyboard area (to show the word suggestions) I often can't see what I'm typing. If I scroll a bit so I can see the text, it goes back to "normal" as soon as I start typing again. I hate typing in portrait mode, but that's what I have to do now :/

DarkWish

I'm trying to update now but it just keeps saying "Unable to Check for Update. An error occurred while checking for a software update." (EDIT: Nevermind, it popped up. Downloading now!)

On another note... my iPhone 6 Plus just shipped and arrives TOMORROW! Yay! I pre-ordered through AT&T at around 3:45 am eastern when pre-orders opened. Had an estimated ship date of early November, then bumped up to late October, and then for the past week it was estimated October 2nd-13th. And now it shipped out today and arrives tomorrow, so I ended up waiting only a week!

pxleyes

Banned
I. hate. this:

Because of the bigger keyboard area (to show the word suggestions) I often can't see what I'm typing. If I scroll a bit so I can see the text, it goes back to "normal" as soon as I start typing again. I hate typing in portrait mode, but that's what I have to do now :/

slide down on the predictions to give yourself more room.

Improved reception? Lol. Maybe just adding bars to make you feel better

Hahaha maybe they did this to secretly promote "improved" reception on this update since the previous one killed it. Lol

Being serious though, it has stayed at 3 bars consistently since I posted. It hasn't even budged to two bars at all.

Jomjom

Banned
Anyone know if this fixes the Wifi problem on ipads and iphones? 8.0 made it so that every time my ipad mini retina comes out of sleep wifi doesn't work. I have to forget the network and relogin every single time.

GWX

Apps "flying in" animation when first unlocking the phone after a restart used to lag on my 5s. Not anymore after 8.0.2.

Vee_One

Anyone successfully downgraded ios8 back to 7.12 on iPad 2?

My dad upgraded his iPad 2 and wants to go back. There are tutotrials for doing so but every time I try I get a firmware error (tried multiple ipsw files).

Any suggestions?

Anyone successfully downgraded ios8 back to 7.12 on iPad 2?

My dad upgraded his iPad 2 and wants to go back. There are tutotrials for doing so but every time I try I get a firmware error (tried multiple ipsw files).

Any suggestions?

Apple may not be signing 7.1.2 anymore, and if they're not, you're completely out of luck.

Top Bottom