• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Pretty sure the time below just mean how long the game has been going or how long since the last turn or something. Because I have an ongoing one that says 21h.

... Ah fuck so I resigned out of my game for nothing? Goddamnit :lol. Re-send me invites if the game ended or so :p just generally, NEED MORE INVITES GUYS. Racer Feud, Fluxx, Stone Age.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah, I dont think it has a limit in friendly matches.

Also, does Fluxx why doenst Fluxx have my friends list? hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Playdek games tend to take a day or two (?) to populate the friends list. Not sure why, but I think it's because they pull from GC and populate only with people who own the game (hallelujah! -- but would be nice if it was instant).

Playdek games tend to take a day or two (?) to populate the friends list. Not sure why, but I think it's because they pull from GC and populate only with people who own the game (hallelujah! -- but would be nice if it was instant).

Ahhh ok cool.

Fluxx seems weird as fuck. But could be pretty cool.

Is that battle of the bulge game out yet? Also what is it? Haha.

CzarTim

I'm really digging Stone Age, but I'm finding it more difficult to play asynchronously than most games. It's a game where you really need to keep track of what's going on. Going from game to game takes a little while since I'm having to examine the board for a little bit to remind myself what I was going for. I really wish League Play was back-and-forth like Carcassonne at least.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
nm Fluxx friend lists seem to populate instantly now. just sent out a couple invites.

just by a quick experience with both games looks like a 2/2 week so far in terms of implementations (not a huge fun of the game fluxx itself but a good async implementation can make any game fun)

nm Fluxx friend lists seem to populate instantly now. just sent out a couple invites.

just by a quick experience with both games looks like a 2/2 week so far in terms of implementations (not a huge fun of the game fluxx itself but a good async implementation can make any game fun)

Yeah, they both seem pretty solid. I haven't played much fluxx at all yet, but it's different at least.

Stone Age is really cool though. It's not quite as good of a game as caylus, but it's implementation seems leagues better. Haha.

Oh snap, the Penny Arcade card game is listed under more games in Fluxx. It goes to the App Store but said it wasn't available in the US now.

Smiley90

Oh snap, the Penny Arcade card game is listed under more games in Fluxx. It goes to the App Store but said it wasn't available in the US now.

Naw, it's still in development. Also by Playdek, that's probably why it's listed there. It'll be a while til release, there's at least Tank on Tank and Agricola coming first, I think.

bonesquad

Gary mentioned over on BGG that Playdek has something releasing next week, too.

No, not Agriclola.

Believe.

Never played or even heard of Fluxx before Playdek announced the game. Still, I think I'll try Fluxx seeing as how I don't think I'll enjoy Stone Age with all the comparisons to Caylus (which app issues aside, I didn't really like).

bonesquad

Im sorry, i cant live without the slide the cursor jailbreak. It is simply magical

The App Store says it only requires 4.3+ to play Fluxx...I'm still waiting for an iPhone 5 jailbreak so I can change my default apps. Especially now with Google Maps out:(

Fluxx is even simpler than I thought, but seems fun. I'm a big fan of Bang after all. I played a couple quick Fluxx games just against the AI. First game took 3 minutes tops, the second one took over 20.

Slacker

Having a WTF moment playing some lunchtime Stone Age. During the last turn in a random ranked game, it seems to have warped me and my opponent into another game entirely. We're both different colors and everything. No idea wtf is happening here. :O

Slacker

Because the whole world reads GAF, I'll post my suggestions for the Stone Age devs here, assuming they'll see them and implement them immediately:

1. Already mentioned everywhere, but yeah an undo button would be excellent.

2. I'd love a "Next Game" button when moving from one async game to the next. I know there's not a lot of screen real estate to cram stuff in to, but maybe on the bottom of the menu. Instead of clicking "Multi Games" I'd love to just click "Next Game" at the bottom.

3. The game passes the turn back to a player to confirm that they've fed their workers. When there's no decision to make there (when you have enough farms/food to feed everyone) it'd be great if that step didn't hold up the async process. Players still need to see that when they click back in to the game, obviously. But just let it happen and the game progress, then let the player see that it happened when the join in again.

4. The async seems to work really well, but I'd love to have an option for live games as well. Ascension/Summoner Wars style would be perfect.

Great game, overall though. Really looking forward to the universal update.

Heel

It's pretty rad until Czar randomly draws the goal card from your own hand that wins him the game within 5 turns of it starting.

Smiley90

It's pretty rad until Czar randomly draws the goal card from your own hand that wins him the game within 5 turns of it starting.

Isn't that pretty much an accurate description of an average game of Fluxx?

Smiley90

Fluxx is fun. Draw 5 & Play All, combined with Jackpot (draw 3) and Let's Do That Again (re-use discarded Action card, aka another Jackpot). Too bad no working combo came out of that :(

Also had a "play 3" to make it harder for the rest after ;)

Heel

Hmmm yeah smiley, I can't send you GameCenter invites for some reason. At first I thought it was just Racer Feud, but now it won't do anything when I pick you in Lost Cities.

Did you get the Fluxx invite with AstroLad? Maybe delete me and send another friend request...so weird.

If you blocked me after I beat you in Racer Feud just tell me...lol :)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Hmmm yeah smiley, I can't send you GameCenter invites for some reason. At first I thought it was just Racer Feud, but now it won't do anything when I pick you in Lost Cities.

Did you get the Fluxx invite with AstroLad? Maybe delete me and send another friend request...so weird.

If you blocked me after I beat you in Racer Feud just tell me...lol :)
Yep!

CzarTim

Not really sure how I feel about Racer Fued releasing more maps for a buck each. Feels like it will split the community up too much since there is no easy way to tell who has what.

Has anyone played Battle of the Bulge yet? Seems to have excellent reviews so far

I haven't yet, I bought it and then I came to work, and for some reason I didn't bring my iPad. Haha.

People seem to really like it. If anyone wants to play, send me an invite and I will join when I get home.

I started a game of Titan HD with octobot, I haven't had a chance to take a turn yet though. Haha. I hope more of you guys buy it. It's a cool game. I've played a few matches with the AI it's a fun game.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Not really sure how I feel about Racer Fued releasing more maps for a buck each. Feels like it will split the community up too much since there is no easy way to tell who has what.
Is it possible to tell who has what expansions? Never seen it so I wonder. Then again most games clearly can't even tell who else even owns the same game.

CzarTim

Is it possible to tell who has what expansions? Never seen it so I wonder. Then again most games clearly can't even tell who else even owns the same game.
Nope. I'd almost say it'd have been a better idea to go the TF2 route and charge for cars / customization. Or maybe make it so the ad removal thing is on a per-track basis.

Playdek is looking for playtesters for Agricola. The info on how to sigh up can be found on their Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/Playdek?fref=ts

Basically here is their post:

iOS Volunteer Playtesters Wanted for Agricola!!!

As some of you know, we are working to bring Agricola to iOS. If you would like to be a volunteer playtester on this project, you will need to meet the following criteria:
1) Have an iOS device;
2) Have an iTunes account you can sync your device to;
3) Have regular access to a computer and the internet;
4) Be able/willing to dedicate 5+ hours on a weekly basis to testing and reporting your findings.

If you meet these criteria and are interested in being a part of this process, please send an email to: team@playdekgames.com for consideration. In your email, include your iOS device type, the OS you are currently running, and if you speak any additional languages. We look forward to hearing from you.

CzarTim

I think I just discovered an exploit in Stone Age. I hit the home button in my iPad as it was sending my move after collecting my workers, and so the move didn't go through. When I went back into the game and had to redo my move which got me better rolls.

Top Bottom