• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

BoB is fantastic.

It certainly looks and plays well. But after playing a round of the Meuse map it seems pretty limiting and simple.

I don't play a lot of war games though, and maybe I'm missing out on something, but so far it doesn't seem to exciting. Haha.

BlackWaltz

lotta black folks here
I've decided to actually try playing some of the card/board games I've bought over the last year, rather than having them just collect dust on my iPod, so if anyone wants free wins in Summoner Wars, Ascension(all expansions), Neuroshima Hex or Lost Cities(and maybe Nightfall, once I refresh myself on the rules at bit), I'm wutoz on GC.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Agricola from Playdek is coming and they are looking for playtesters.

Playdek is looking for playtesters for Agricola. The info on how to sigh up can be found on their Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/Playdek?fref=ts

Basically here is their post:

iOS Volunteer Playtesters Wanted for Agricola!!!

As some of you know, we are working to bring Agricola to iOS. If you would like to be a volunteer playtester on this project, you will need to meet the following criteria:
1) Have an iOS device;
2) Have an iTunes account you can sync your device to;
3) Have regular access to a computer and the internet;
4) Be able/willing to dedicate 5+ hours on a weekly basis to testing and reporting your findings.

If you meet these criteria and are interested in being a part of this process, please send an email to: team@playdekgames.com for consideration. In your email, include your iOS device type, the OS you are currently running, and if you speak any additional languages. We look forward to hearing from you.

:p I'm on vacation/visiting family back home and haven't bought an adapter yet, as well as not having 3G here, so... I'll be taking less turns for the next 2 weeks :p Got wifi at home though!

Kosh

Racer Feud - Just watched Astrolad crash out of a race on the first turn at the starting line. They should worry about fixing the bugs in this game before wanting to charge me for new tracks.

CzarTim

Racer Feud - Just watched Astrolad crash out of a race on the first turn at the starting line. They should worry about fixing the bugs in this game before wanting to charge me for new tracks.
Yep. And what's weird is they said they fixed it a few updates ago.

Heel

Email the bug details to andre at lindapp.se

Smiley90

Betatesters for Agricola will be selected in January... So release probably not before February :(

eznark

Banned
Man it feels like a glut of awesome waking up to 4 games of Fluxx, three Carc games, an ascension game a Stone Age game and a Le Havre game all waiting for me!

Slacker

Sonofa... first gaf game of Stone Age against CzarTim has ended, and I have LOST 178 to 152! Time to rethink my strategy for the rematch. ;)

If anyone is still on the fence, this is an awesome game. My favorite iOS pickup in quite a while.

Smiley90

Sonofa... first gaf game of Stone Age against CzarTim has ended, and I have LOST 178 to 152! Time to rethink my strategy for the rematch. ;)

If anyone is still on the fence, this is an awesome game. My favorite iOS pickup in quite a while.

I'm enoying it a lot too, but have only 3 games going atm :( send me some invites! 2p,3p, 4p I don't care.

Man it feels like a glut of awesome waking up to 4 games of Fluxx, three Carc games, an ascension game a Stone Age game and a Le Havre game all waiting for me!

And a BoB game I invited you to! I need to play an online match so I can see why people love it so much, seems kinda basic. Really well made though.

CzarTim

Can you invite me, Smiley? For some reason when I try to start a game with you it gives me a Game Center error.
Same thing here, Smiley.

That was a good game!

Sorry, didn't see any notification, I'll get to it as soon as I can.

No worries! I've been playing so many games just on my phone lately that ipad only stuff gets forgotten about sometimes. So it will probably be a slow game anyway. Heh.

The fuck is up with my GC then. Why can't anyone send me invites :(

I just tried and got the same error. Something is fucked!

So instead I will play a game with Tim and Slacker. :p

Smiley90

No worries! I've been playing so many games just on my phone lately that ipad only stuff gets forgotten about sometimes. So it will probably be a slow game anyway. Heh.

I just tried and got the same error. Something is fucked!

So instead I will play a game with Tim and Slacker. :p

I hate you. You're just scared of me, admit it.

For The Win is coming out today.
No online element from what I've read. (Pass and Play)

Is it a good game? I've never heard of it. No online means I shouldn't pick it up though.

I hate you. You're just scared of me, admit it.

Haha. Yeah I'm scared if you in this game, but its just because it doesn't track stats, which means you can and will spread your lies :p

LIES!!!

Seriously though, I wonder what's up! Fix that shit so we can play! It's much better than fluxx.

Fuck, I'd been doing really well in my summoner wars games vs CzarTim. Now 2 games in a row I've done real stupid shit that cost/will cost me the game.

Enjoy your free 4 dice roll on my summoner Tim! I hope you have some precise cards to go with it. Haha.

Smiley90

Is it a good game? I've never heard of it. No online means I shouldn't pick it up though.

Haha. Yeah I'm scared if you in this game, but its just because it doesn't track stats, which means you can and will spread your lies :p

LIES!!!

Seriously though, I wonder what's up! Fix that shit so we can play! It's much better than fluxx.

I wish I knew what was wrong :( and how I could fix it...

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Seriously. And then whatever "surprise" game Playdek comes out with this week. Glad everyone enjoys Stone Age -- good gateway to Agricola. :)

Slacker

Seriously. And then whatever "surprise" game Playdek comes out with this week. Glad everyone enjoys Stone Age -- good gateway to Agricola. :)

It's making me excited to play Manhattan Project, which is under the tree. :) (not to imply that TMP is coming to iOS - I get my two threads mixed up) ;)

According to the Carcassonne people on twitter, they're hoping to see T&B today. Will cost $1.99.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Oh man totally forgot about that.

T&B is AWESOME. Instabuy for every Carc fan. Makes 4p games really fun and even makes 5 a reasonable number of players.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Can everyone update their info in the Google doc spreadsheet? I'm going to start sending out invites on the basis of that spreadsheet, so this update should include adding new games you own and removing X's for games you don't want to play anymore.

If anyone is not getting a response from someone on that spreadsheet to invites, can you let me know in the thread and I will remove them?

Heel

You know what? It's a solid port, but Fluxx is just not that great of a game to me.

Down for Traders & Builders tonight! Never tried it.

The fuck is up with my GC then. Why can't anyone send me invites :(

Haha, I thought I was alone on that! It's definitely something with your GameCenter...maybe check your notification settings for it? Could try doing a hard reset, too (hold power button + home).

I suck at Lost Cities, but I still like it!!

Anyone wanna play?

Edit: updated my Google Doc info.

Edit2: any chance of adding TTR Europe? Don't even know if that is async or not, but thought I would mention it.

You know what? It's a solid port, but Fluxx is just not that great of a game to me.

Down for Traders & Builders tonight! Never tried it.

Haha, I thought I was alone on that! It's definitely something with your GameCenter...maybe check your notification settings for it? Could try doing a hard reset, too (hold power button + home).

Yeah, it's reeeeaaaallly random, which is the exact opposite if what I want, but it's still kinda fun to play its really light. It would be better in person since its so random.

Zia

Updating Carcassonne here too. Invite away.

Curious about the new scoring mentioned in the patch notes.

Just played a game and I'm a little confused as to what's different. If someone more experienced could educate me it'd be much appreciated. : )

Can everyone update their info in the Google doc spreadsheet? I'm going to start sending out invites on the basis of that spreadsheet, so this update should include adding new games you own and removing X's for games you don't want to play anymore.

If anyone is not getting a response from someone on that spreadsheet to invites, can you let me know in the thread and I will remove them?

This might be a bit harsh, but maybe we could just clear out the whole Doc (keep the names), and make people re-enter everything, that way its completely up to date, and then if people dont update anything by mid Jan clear out the names?

Top Bottom