• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

mercviper

SolForge App just makes me crave for the full version + deckbuilding. There is deckbuilding... right?

Downloaded PA: The game but I haven't touched it yet. Spent my time on the iPad last night absorbed in SolForge.

Any word on this going universal? Would live to get this but I cannot foresee my iPad 1 lasting a lot longer.

According to the kickstarter, it'll be available for iPhone and iPod touch as well as AndroidPC.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Looking at the BGG thread and seeing a bunch of people complaining that the AI isn't hard enough in PA, and about the fact that SW needs a hard AI. People who are so obsessed with SP difficulty in a game with such great async are weirdos, full stop.

I do still really really wish that we had chat and Elo though. Bummer Stone Age doesn't have it. Carc is still (to my knowledge) the only game where async chat works decently!

BlackWaltz

lotta black folks here
I'm loving async Penny Arcade; it's the first card game I've actually got down to and played MP. The different characters and the random stacks of cards really feel like they change the way each games plays to a decent extent. I played a game earlier against wetflame or Slacker(sorry, can't remember, was going back and forth between both games) where there was a grip of PVP cards, but no PVP defense cards and was throwing Pox Pax and discards around like crazy(still lost, though). Having a lot of fun for my first multiplayer experience with this sort of game.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ok finally watched the tutorial for Titan HD. Still don't have much idea what I'm doing, but seems like a game you can pick up as you play. They need badge notifications though!

sladeums

I've decided to actually try playing some of the card/board games I've bought over the last year, rather than having them just collect dust on my iPod, so if anyone wants free wins in Summoner Wars, Ascension(all expansions), Neuroshima Hex or Lost Cities(and maybe Nightfall, once I refresh myself on the rules at bit), I'm wutoz on GC.

Tried to send you an invite in Ascension, but you weren't on my in-game Friends list.

Send me an invite, I need more Ascension games going!

Looking at the BGG thread and seeing a bunch of people complaining that the AI isn't hard enough in PA, and about the fact that SW needs a hard AI. People who are so obsessed with SP difficulty in a game with such great async are weirdos, full stop.

I do still really really wish that we had chat and Elo though. Bummer Stone Age doesn't have it. Carc is still (to my knowledge) the only game where async chat works decently!

It seems like Titan actually has chat that works too. Haha.

And Heel, I'm down to try to play some operation eradicate again. But it was kinda broken last time. Haha. I will try bang too. I haven't played that online at all.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Stop buying board games! How many times have i told you this?

You say that like it`s an easy thing. I also impulse-bought 7 Wonders and Last Will before I went on vacation :( At least they were both successes in terms of feedback.

I`m down for a game of Operation Eradicate Heel.

Is Titan HD iPad only?

Davidion

Went on a playdek spree while grabbing solforge and got penny arcade plus food fight. Solforge is nice but definitely needs a ton of polish; that devourer card is mad OP.

I like how Penny Arcade is basically ascension.

Smiley90

Went on a playdek spree while grabbing solforge and got penny arcade plus food fight. Solforge is nice but definitely needs a ton of polish; that devourer card is mad OP.

I like how Penny Arcade is basically ascension.

Penny Arcade is much more Dominion than Ascension, with the permanent middle, as opposed to Ascension, which has a changing middle. :p

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Cryptozoic has several games that crib from Ascension actually. I still prefer Ascension to PA but PA is a nice change of pace.

Heel

Hmmm yeah, didn't know Bang made you sign up for a user name. I can't be bothered to set that up.

I'll run through an Eradicate tutorial and send you guys an invite sooner or later.

Also, the Carc T&B tiles are absolute madness lol.

Heel

Yeah, I've never been into Penny Arcade but I watched this playthrough of the physical board game and I'm pretty much sold on it as just a pure game. Anyone curious should check it out.

I'll get around to buying it eventually, but right now I'm seeing if my App Store credit can survive all of these holiday sales lol.

Davidion

Penny Arcade is much more Dominion than Ascension, with the permanent middle, as opposed to Ascension, which has a changing middle. :p

I never played Dominion and thus plead the fifth. :x

I'm really looking forward to Solforge after they polish it up some. The UI is pretty bad right now and there seems like balance issues. But it's pretty a good start.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
They even improved the way the end-game scoring looks in Carc. Gotta love Carc's little attention to details.

Your opinion is wrong!! The 'joke' stuff in PA gets old quick, but the underlying game is superior!

Heh, I kinda think the opposite, but (1) I've only played PA for a few days now, and (2) I prefer the randomness of Ascension as opposed to the fixed nature of PA & Dominion. So personal preference. :)

CzarTim

I don't suppose anyone would be willing to trade a Steam copy of Don't Starve for a copy of PA? Otherwise I'll get it after Christmas along with Battle of the Bulge and maybe Titian HD.

Slacker

Heads up if you like the 15 minute games like I do in Ascension and want to try it in Penny Arcade. The timer is messed up and ticks away seemingly at random during the other players turn. I was making my moves instantly while my opponent took at least a minute every time, but the game ended when my 15 expired while he still had like 7 minutes left. Frustrating to have that "Forfeits: 1" on my record. >__<

Smiley90

Heel, take your stone age turn already!

Also a warning, Operation: Eradicate has broken notifications, unless it's been patched since last time I played.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'm loving async Penny Arcade; it's the first card game I've actually got down to and played MP. The different characters and the random stacks of cards really feel like they change the way each games plays to a decent extent. I played a game earlier against wetflame or Slacker(sorry, can't remember, was going back and forth between both games) where there was a grip of PVP cards, but no PVP defense cards and was throwing Pox Pax and discards around like crazy(still lost, though). Having a lot of fun for my first multiplayer experience with this sort of game.
Think this might have been me, was there loads of the snake attack cards in use? That was so frustrating in a fun way, pretty ridiculous haha. Good game!

My god...it's full of sales!

Seriously being overwhelmed by the number of games on sale on all platforms. How's Puerto Rico on iPad? Think it's about time I picked up Magic too.

They even improved the way the end-game scoring looks in Carc. Gotta love Carc's little attention to details.

Heh, I kinda think the opposite, but (1) I've only played PA for a few days now, and (2) I prefer the randomness of Ascension as opposed to the fixed nature of PA & Dominion. So personal preference. :)

Wait, so then you enjoy ascension more than dominion too? Ascension is a really good game, I just think its too impersonal, it almost feels solo most of the time.

Personal preference, like you say. It's an interesting thing to think about though. The lack of randomness and the interactive nature is what makes me really enjoy nightfall.

Opinions are fun! :)

ParityBit

Not yet. They promised to make it universal, however.

OK, so I am not going crazy! Thank you :)

Seeing as the store is locked down, I will just have to actually sit down with people irl and play the game. What a drag! Haha.

I should add myself to the goggle doc here so I have peeps to play something with.

Slacker

Yeah did you guys have all expansions going?

I&C and T&B. Skipped the River.

My god...it's full of sales!

Seriously being overwhelmed by the number of games on sale on all platforms. How's Puerto Rico on iPad? Think it's about time I picked up Magic too.
Magic didn't grab me enough to justify taking up 1GB on my iPad.

Puerto Rico is good. It's not on the Coding Monkeys/Playdek level, but it's pretty well crafted. For me personally I think it helped that I was familiar with the game before playing the app version. My main complaint with the app though is that it's hard to get a good multiplayer game going on there. It's also one that doesn't lend itself as well to async because it's hard to remember what you were planning to do. I feel very similarly about Le Havre too for that matter. Both are excellent games as source material, though.

sladeums

I think KK was a licensed clone, so Spectro is the real deal.

But I don't know, I don't own it.
I think there's a couple people around here are playing it, tho.

mercviper

Magic 2013's full unlock IAP is on sale for $5 if anyone is interested.

Where do you see this? I looked in the store and I only saw the Expansion for $3, two 2-deck packs for $3, and the various other decks that you normally unlock by playing for $1 each. I didn't see a 'full unlock' for $5.
maybe I already bought it

Top Bottom