• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

CzarTim

I wish PA had a quick at a glance way to tell how many of each type of card you already have. I have so many games going on at once, that I forget what I was going after in each game.

Hereafter

I wish PA had a quick at a glance way to tell how many of each type of card you already have. I have so many games going on at once, that I forget what I was going after in each game.

Can't you just tap on the green deck pile? It shows your whole deck. Or was there something else you were looking for?

mercviper

No seriously how do people get good PA decks? Astro hit me with like four dice rolley cards in a row wthhhhhhh

Pick a strategy and work towards making your deck efficiently produce that resource. That means cards with +2 or +3 coins, or power if you're going that route. Delete the cards you aren't going to use. Don't buy everything you have resources for and only buy what you need. You have a coin strat but drew into 3 of your cardboard tubes? Don't buy the little girl that gives +1 power/tokens just because you can. Or that guy that gives +3 power but with boss restriction. Just hit pass.

Pick a strategy and work towards making your deck efficiently produce that resource. That means cards with +2 or +3 coins, or power if you're going that route. Delete the cards you aren't going to use. Don't buy everything you have resources for and only buy what you need. You have a coin strat but drew into 3 of your cardboard tubes? Don't buy the little girl that gives +1 power/tokens just because you can. Or that guy that gives +3 power but with boss restriction. Just hit pass.

Huh! So use my brain instead of just hitting Play All every time.

This is actually good and relevant advice.

Sincere thanks!

I don't think I like NHex so much. The UI is really unhelpful for beginners. I've forgotten how to pull up info for tiles and it takes like four clicks to get to games.

Not worth it I don't think.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Huh! So use my brain instead of just hitting Play All every time.

This is actually good and relevant advice.

Sincere thanks!

You can play all just don't necessarily have to spend it all. :)

I don't think I like NHex so much. The UI is really unhelpful for beginners. I've forgotten how to pull up info for tiles and it takes like four clicks to get to games.

Not worth it I don't think.
The async setup is not great. That has always been the main downside of the game. The actual in-game tutorial though, and the fact that you can hit the little 'i' to go into info mode and see what every tile does are quite solid. Gameplay is excellent but yeah I wouldn't have minded if Playdek handled the async.

The async setup is not great. That has always been the main downside of the game. The actual in-game tutorial though, and the fact that you can hit the little 'i' to go into info mode and see what every tile does are quite solid. Gameplay is excellent but yeah I wouldn't have minded if Playdek handled the async.

Also sometimes the badge doesn't go away!

>_<

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Also sometimes the badge doesn't go away!

>_<

I used to have that issue but not anymore. Funny enough the game actually plays really well live, just has unnecessary issues async. It was designed as a live game and they basically slapped on the async, which while not perfect I prefer to just not doing async at all (in which case I'd almost never get to play games against human opponents). Funnier thing is that it's the PERFECT game for async. Rules-wise simple but tons of tactical depth that can really give you analysis paralysis if you're playing live.

I used to have that issue but not anymore. Funny enough the game actually plays really well live, just has unnecessary issues async. It was designed as a live game and they basically slapped on the async, which while not perfect I prefer to just not doing async at all (in which case I'd almost never get to play games against human opponents). Funnier thing is that it's the PERFECT game for async. Rules-wise simple but tons of tactical depth that can really give you analysis paralysis if you're playing live.

Sorry I had to back out of the game, but there's plenty other arenas for you clobber me in.

XD

bonesquad

Fucking Fury. I so hate that power in SW:) Watching them attack like 6 times in a turn is brutal. I thought I was about to watch them walk down and kill my Summoner on round 2...

Oh yay! Even better the hand I just drew is ALL event cards. AHHHHHHH! No cards in my discard pile yet to raise from the dead either...And now I rolled all misses? Sheesh. Who's WearTheGrudge? I hate you.

Card Boy

Banned
Might and Magic: Duel of Champions is out on iPad. It actually came out on the 20th. Grab it peoples.

It doesnt show up on Appshopper or via the usual tags while looking for new TCGs on the Appstore. If you login in you can still get the free Christmas promo cards. Card art is amazing.

Its very similar to Assassins Creed Recollection and has missions where you can earn free gold to buy cards.

Kosh

Might and Magic: Duel of Champions is out on iPad. It actually came out on the 20th. Grab it peoples.

It doesnt show up on Appshopper or via the usual tags while looking for new TCGs on the Appstore. If you login in you can still get the free Christmas promo cards. Card art is amazing.

Its very similar to Assassins Creed Recollection and has missions where you can earn free gold to buy cards.

I'm not seeing this in the app store. I tried searching for both, might and magic and duel of champions. Got an itunes link?

Card Boy

Banned
I reckon Ubisoft is just behind Playdek when it comes to iOS TCGs. Might and Magic is so good. Make a Ghost Recon TCG pronto!

I wouldnt mind a Rayman TCG aswell.

Ray, why don't we play anymore?

We can play stuff!

Just not SW.... And not PA right now, cause your games played scares me. Even if you don't win 90% of the time like SW. I don't know how you have like 250 games in PA already. Haha.

And boo you astro! Titan is fun!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
We can play stuff!

Just not SW.... And not PA right now, cause your games played scares me. Even if you don't win 90% of the time like SW. I don't know how you have like 250 games in PA already. Haha.

And boo you astro! Titan is fun!
Oh yeah wasn't knocking the game just think I missed a turn and then it dropped off. Didn't get my head fully around it yet.

Heel

Spamming out some Ticket to Ride Pocket invites. Let me know if you want to join in!

Sorry about Le Havre, didn't get a notification badge.

Now that people are taking their BotB turns more regularly, I'm really getting into the matches. It's intense.

I dunno, it still hasnt clicked with me. I want to say it seems really simple, but there definitely is a bunch of depth in there....its just fairly basic, and doesnt really engage me at all.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
TTR is fun man. Anyone who's playing send me invites. I have all the expansions I think. Straight up 1910 is my fav.

Hereafter

Sent you an invite.

sladeums and Hereafter: It's your turn in some TTR games I sent out. Let us know if you don't wanna play and we'll quit out.

Sent new games for the people waiting in those games.

Sorry Heel, I forgot to tell you I do not have TTR. Did I mark in in the spreadsheet? If so, sorry! I changed it right now.

Heel

You know what'd be great? If races in Racer Feud actually started once everyone joins...haha.

Sorry Heel, I forgot to tell you I do not have TTR. Did I mark in in the spreadsheet? If so, sorry! I changed it right now.

Ahhh no prob. Yeah, was going off the spreadsheet.

It's ok though. At least I beat you sometimes!

Jungle elves are one of the other teams I like to play. The gorilla is so fun. I might have to stray from my Fallen Kingdom guys soon. I've played a lot of matches as them now. Might be time for a change.

Edit: I just saw that you whiffed on that attack. Haha. I can still win!

CzarTim

It's ok though. At least I beat you sometimes!

Jungle elves are one of the other teams I like to play. The gorilla is so fun. I might have to stray from my Fallen Kingdom guys soon. I've played a lot of matches as them now. Might be time for a change.

Edit: I just saw that you whiffed on that attack. Haha. I can still win!

:(

I have about 5 or six decks I rotate between.

Top Bottom