• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I had to wait for you to log on and watch your guy get moved back. I wish they would change that for bumps that dont require player input. Its weird I didnt get a notice though.

Ooooh. I didn't even have to click anything, it only had one bump anyway, I just got to see your turn twice :lol

Smiley90

I'm still waiting for quite a few invites myself! And for jesse to accept my GC request

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Wow, Playdek x Wizards of the Coast !
Maybe Lords of Waterdeep, maybe Dungeon Command (no idea what this one is).
I wondered about the fate of Playdek, since the Ascension thing can't be terribly good for them, but clearly those guys know how to secure intersting partnerships.

http://boardgamegeek.com/blogcategory/108

Yeah, I'm excite to learn those D&D board games, which I've never had the opportunity to play IRL. Lords of Waterdeep is cool too, but I probably wouldn't play it a ton if Agricola is already out. :)

Close game Smiley!

Ray 13 (Vegas) vs Smiley 14 (Borgo)

I defended against the Net guys, but didnt have quite enough people left to do damage.

Smiley90

Close game Smiley!

Ray 13 (Vegas) vs Smiley 14 (Borgo)

I defended against the Net guys, but didnt have quite enough people left to do damage.

Very close indeed. I had an unlucky start with no guys at all in the first couple rounds, but was able to somewhat recover and keep you defending instead of attacking, which is key against Vegas, since if they get to attack first and then turtle they're really hard to beat. Vegas seems good against Borgo, since they have the best net&non-range counter skill in takeover, and borgo is ALL close range.

Very close indeed. I had an unlucky start with no guys at all in the first couple rounds, but was able to somewhat recover and keep you defending instead of attacking, which is key against Vegas, since if they get to attack first and then turtle they're really hard to beat. Vegas seems good against Borgo, since they have the best net&non-range counter skill in takeover, and borgo is ALL close range.

Yeah. You had really good base placement too, and I fucked up by putting that health tile where I did, since it was one of the few places I could hit you with a ranged guy and not have your base hit me back.

I made a bunch of mistakes, but oh well!
Always fun to learn and play!

Slacker

NS Hex Round 3 game L

Slacker (Vegas) defeats Astrolad (Smart) in an absolute squeaker 13-12. I was sure we were going to tie but I somehow managed a 8th hit on the next-to-last battle. Great game!

eznark

Banned
Score? Armies? :p

need the deets!

edit: Also, well done Slacker! first to complete all their games, and you put up an awesome record of 7-2-1.

Crap not sure it isnt showing up anymore. I was the green team again I know that much!

Do I have anyone left to invite? I think I am the away team on the rest of my games?

Smiley90

Crap not sure it isnt showing up anymore. I was the green team again I know that much!

Do I have anyone left to invite? I think I am the away team on the rest of my games?

I'm pretty sure you either still have to invite me or we've already played... I think I sent out all my invites?

Haha. How do you not know what armies people were? It's crazy man!

Maybe Ken knows. But he hasn't taken his turn in our game in a bit.

Also, AirBrian!!! You've been holding up poor superrobot in the Valencia race for like 9 turns! Haha. I feel bad for him man, get out of the way! :p

Edit: also! AirBrian I need an invite from you in NH. Your my last game! Huzzah!

Also, AirBrian!!! You've been holding up poor superrobot in the Valencia race for like 9 turns! Haha. I feel bad for him man, get out of the way! :p
!
Shameful behaviour!
ISahel0.jpg

AirBrian

Haha. How do you not know what armies people were? It's crazy man!

Maybe Ken knows. But he hasn't taken his turn in our game in a bit.

Edit: also! AirBrian I need an invite from you in NH. Your my last game! Huzzah!
Haha! This game is wonky as hell with notifications. I'll get the notification, open the game, and it says I have no races where its my turn. I've decided this game hates me because I have no problems with other ones that are known to be a little flaky like TTR or even NH.

AirBrian

Also, NH Tourney update:

AirBrian (yellow) 13/20
AstroLad (blue) 10/20

gg, Astro! BTW, do you remember the team names? I have not learned them yet.

I think he won 15 to 11. I think I was ... yellow army? donno, been picking a random one each game.

Thanks, entered in as that!

Also, NH Tourney update:

AirBrian (yellow) 13/20
AstroLad (blue) 10/20

gg, Astro! BTW, do you remember the team names? I have not learned them yet.

I know all the team names now, but since im keeping track of all the teams played as I have too. When people just say 'uhh he was the purple guys, and I was the blue I think?' it made me learn them pretty quickly, haha.

AirBrian

Thanks, entered in as that!

I know all the team names now, but since im keeping track of all the teams played as I have too. When people just say 'uhh he was the purple guys, and I was the blue I think?' it made me learn them pretty quickly, haha.
Haha...one more update!

JustJeff 15/20 (light blue/purple)
AirBrian 02/20 (green)

gg, Jeff. I suppose the word "domination" is appropriate here.

Smiley90

Eznark 16 (green) over Smiley 8 (blue)

Never really stood a chance, couldn't position myself :/ And then the last 2 rounds were just "lol", including a totally unusable last hand. faaail. congratz!

bonesquad

Yay.

Ray 13 (smart) vs bonesquad 11 (steel police)

The final round really snuck up on me. Haha.

Tell me about it. I looked at my draw, saw only one module token, looked over at the board and thought, shit:)

Haha...one more update!

JustJeff 15/20 (light blue/purple)
AirBrian 02/20 (green)

gg, Jeff. I suppose the word "domination" is appropriate here.

Yeah, I got lucky and had my buffed 3 rocket guy protected, and he could keep taking pot shots:)

I keep having the issue where I swear I end my turn, but when I go back later I see that nope, it's still sitting there on my turn. Grrr. I haven't played in a long time but don't recall it being that common. Then again I also don't remember the blue army being so unbeatable... I hate them so much:)

Smiley90

Justjeff beat me in a tight defensive game 19-17. He was steel police, I was NY. Came down to the last round, if I'd realized it was the last round I could've let it be a tie... Didn't realize it though and lost, woops.

bonesquad

Justjeff beat me in a tight defensive game 19-17. He was steel police, I was NY. Came down to the last round, if I'd realized it was the last round I could've let it be a tie... Didn't realize it though and lost, woops.

Heh, I didn't even realize the game was over until I saw this post. I'll take it:)

I don't think NH liked me having 5 games going, but I'm now down to two. My next games I need to play though I'm listed on the bottom of the bracket.

I'd be up for playing more caylus. I just want to take some time and learn the rules!

Also explain how you got 30 points at the end! I built way more of the castle! Hax.
I built a Monument for 14.
That gave me two favours, 3 or 4 vp and I used the other favour to build a stone building for 6 vp. I'd put some favours into that during the game.
Then in the end I had 2 favours for castle sections 4 or 5 vp and I took cash.
You get 1 vp for every 4 coins.

I think you put a guy on the architect building without using the lawyer first which wasted a turn. I wasted a turn putting a guy on the lawyer without checking I had cloth.

I built a Monument for 14.
That gave me two favours, 3 or 4 vp and I used the other favour to build a stone building for 6 vp. I'd put some favours into that during the game.
Then in the end I had 2 favours for castle sections 4 or 5 vp and I took cash.
You get 1 vp for every 4 coins.

I think you put a guy on the architect building without using the lawyer first which wasted a turn. I wasted a turn putting a guy on the lawyer without checking I had cloth.

Ahhh, that stupid lawyer building, you explained it to me last time, and I still dont think I understand how it works, haha. Yeah, I messed up there, and on the last turn I put a dude up in the stables place, but forgot to keep a dollar on hand. If I woulda blocked your damn architect building I woulda won!

Let me take some time to read through the actual rule book on BGG or something, the in game one is pretty shitty. I should just buy the board game, I enjoy worker placement games.

Then we will start the rematch! clear your schedule for the next year and we can MAYBE get 2 games done!

Carc update

mikeworks - 121
Slacker - 69

Slacker and I finished our game. Closer than the score would indicate; I was just able to cut off his dudes near the end.

It's go time, Astrolad.

Top Bottom