• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Awe man! My match vs Kennah disappeared! Lack of turn advancement I guess, I hope this one vs mercviper doesn't go away too.
This sort of stuff annoys me with their implementations, and worrying with Eclipse on the horizon. I'm assuming it works the same way as in Caylus. Especially having to log in again each time you switch apps.
You'd think it could cache that much at least, and load up the last game you were in, or if you click on a notification it would load the actual game for you (like Carcassonne).

mercviper

My first win! 17-16 vs eznark. Or was it 16-15? I was blue and he was green with the extra turn on initiative. Very close and our board was a huge cluster fuck at one point.

eznark

Banned
I was so lost. My sole goal was to kill those fucking 3 hit net guys. Came down to the final battle. I was up 17-16 and he got a clutch extra initiative piece. Good game!

Li Kao

Yeah, first invite received to a game of Lost Cities !
So first defeat, all according to keikaku.

Kudos to Heel !

And as a side note I really hoped till the last minute, I don't know if I was good but not ridiculous, that's a good start. Some luck with card colors, some others cards taken hostage to slow Heel down... but was really short of some good one in the final line.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I beat Slacker 12-0 (or, well, 12-(-2) probably ;)). Blue for me vs White for him.

Heel

Yeah, first invite received to a game of Lost Cities !
So first defeat, all according to keikaku.

Kudos to Heel !

And as a side note I really hoped till the last minute, I don't know if I was good but not ridiculous, that's a good start. Some luck with card colors, some others cards taken hostage to slow Heel down... but was really short of some good one in the final line.

Yeah, there is a lot of luck but also a lot of choices you can make to increase your chances of winning. I like the mix of the two. Only way to improve is keep playing! You seem to be doing fine, though.

Smiley90

I sent out all my invites (incl. a GC request to jessecuster, who I didn't have yet apparently), waiting for everyone else to invite me!

Does anyone (else) play that BANG! cowboy card game? I dug it out of my unplayed apps folder and tried a few games... it's interesting.

mercviper

Sorry smiley! Already have 5 games going.

Though Mercviper will be beating me soon. Haha.

Fghethrexjgjhfghj

I screwed up that last turn because I got flustered when I couldn't grenade or battle with the final round. :( I forgot to move the assassin back to face your hq so I tied instead of winning. :((((((

n27Zd8w.jpg

Smiley90

Absolute destruction of mercviper. :lol I got really lucky in my early cards, had him down SO fast.

16-0 win, blue vs the jungle ones.

We should give a bonus point for destruction wins over just points wins!

Fghethrexjgjhfghj

I screwed up that last turn because I got flustered when I couldn't grenade or battle with the final round. :( I forgot to move the assassin back to face your hq so I tied instead of winning. :((((((

n27Zd8w.jpg

Ouch. That sucks!
I will take a tie though haha.

Absolute destruction of mercviper. :lol I got really lucky in my early cards, had him down SO fast.

16-0 win, blue vs the jungle ones.

We should give a bonus point for destruction wins over just points wins!

Destruction wins will only count for more of you don't use Borgo :p

Smiley90

Ouch. That sucks!
I will take a tie though haha.

Destruction wins will only count for more of you don't use Borgo :p

nobody told me that beforehand! but seriously, it should be

destruction win: 3
win: 2
tie: 1
loss: 0

because otherwise it counts the same if you win 10-9 or 20-0, which is kind of unfair. if we're already not counting overall health :p

nobody told me that beforehand! but seriously, it should be

destruction win: 3
win: 2
tie: 1
loss: 0

because otherwise it counts the same if you win 10-9 or 20-0, which is kind of unfair. if we're already not counting overall health :p

Honestly I think it's a good idea. I just haven't run a NH tourney before. 3 point system like the NHL should be.

Next one will probably have that, or something similar. It takes a little work to iron these things out!

Edit:

nuuuuuuu gimme my win :p jokes aside, NHex is actually a lot more fun than I remembered. I think maybe it fell off my radar initially because I got screwed out of some games due to it being buggy :<

NH is an awesome game, and I'm happy to see most people enjoying it again. This is going to be my plan from here on out:

One pretty stand tourney that will be stuff like Carc, Ascension, Lost Cities. The ones that are talked about a lot and will get a lot of people playing them.

But then the other tournament will be the weirder stuff that generally gets less play, but are still great games. Neuroshima Hex, Nightfall, Samurai, these are awesome games that I will try to make probably longer more interesting tournaments for, since they will generally get far fewer people.

I will run at least 2 more tournaments after these ones are done, then I will see how things are going after that.

Smiley90

Honestly I think it's a good idea. I just haven't run a NH tourney before. 3 point system like the NHL should be.

Next one will probably have that, or something similar. It takes a little work to iron these things out!

Edit:

NH is an awesome game, and I'm happy to see most people enjoying it again. This is going to be my plan from here on out:

One pretty stand tourney that will be stuff like Carc, Ascension, Lost Cities. The ones that are talked about a lot and will get a lot of people playing them.

But then the other tournament will be the weirder stuff that generally gets less play, but are still great games. Neuroshima Hex, Nightfall, Samurai, these are awesome games that I will try to make probably longer more interesting tournaments for, since they will generally get far fewer people.

I will run at least 2 more tournaments after these ones are done, then I will see how things are going after that.

can't you just change the standings as-is? Unless there's opposition, of course.

can't you just change the standings as-is? Unless there's opposition, of course.

I could, but I won't. I don't want to change stuff around mid tournament.

I don't even know if I want to go with those exact rules anyway. It's not like you got more points in hockey for winning 9-0. But througtly beating someone rather than just erking out the win should probably be rewarded. But I will worry about that later.

Smiley90

I could, but I won't. I don't want to change stuff around mid tournament.

I don't even know if I want to go with those exact rules anyway. It's not like you got more points in hockey for winning 9-0. But througtly beating someone rather than just erking out the win should probably be rewarded. But I will worry about that later.

To be fair, this isn't hockey ;) But fair enough, with elimination later it doesn;t matter htat much anyway. We can use it as a tiebreaker, too.

To be fair, this isn't hockey ;) But fair enough, with elimination later it doesn;t matter htat much anyway. We can use it as a tiebreaker, too.

Yeah, if the people in top 4 are tied in points or if there is a tie for 4th (1 win being better than 2 ties obviously) then I will look back at over all damage done, and amount of times Borgo is used ( :p ).

Smiley90

Yeah, if the people in top 4 are tied in points or if there is a tie for 4th (1 win being better than 2 ties obviously) then I will look back at over all damage done, and amount of times Borgo is used ( :p ).

:lol I agree, Borgo is by far strongest. But hey, at least one of my 3 wins was AGAINST borgo! :D

:lol I agree, Borgo is by far strongest. But hey, at least one of my 3 wins was AGAINST borgo! :D

It's not like Borgo are unstoppable though, hell Vegas could probably counter Borgo pretty damn well with their Takeovers. I just like to hate on Borgo cause I get screwed by their Net Fighter so often!!

The other thing is I think we have a few people playing in this tournament that haven't really played any or very little NH, so they probably just pick the first team, which happens to be Borgo. Haha.

Smiley90

It's not like Borgo are unstoppable though, hell Vegas could probably counter Borgo pretty damn well with their Takeovers. I just like to hate on Borgo cause I get screwed by their Net Fighter so often!!

The other thing is I think we have a few people playing in this tournament that haven't really played any or very little NH, so they just pick the first team, which happens to be Borgo. Haha.

Their luck that Borgo is so strong :p But yes it definitely takes a bit of skill to counter them.

Man. I don't use the Hegemony much, but I think I will use them again. They have a lot of fun stuff to use.

Ray 18 (hegemony) vs Blahness 4 (outpost)

Heel

As someone who owns Neuroshima Hex but has never actually played it, these screencaps are confusing as hell.

lol you and me both.

I'd like to remedy my "I own ______ but have never actually played it" problem, but honestly it'll probably just get worse.

Agricola an Small Worlds, I'm looking at you.

ROFL you're either really bad or really unlucky. lol.

Both! Though its not like I set it up all stupid like that, he just didn't kill off my bonus tiles and just hit my base or my dudes. And Steel Police have I think 1 move tile, so they can't shift things around after.

He did all his damage in he early stages and I couldn't get myself out of the whole :(

eznark

Banned
Both! Though its not like I set it up all stupid like that, he just didn't kill off my bonus tiles and just hit my base or my dudes. And Steel Police have I think 1 move tile, so they can't shift things around after.

He did all his damage in he early stages and I couldn't get myself out of the whole :(

Yeah the extra initiative is huge with that faction. Allows me to jump out to leads then turtle. I noticed you kept piling on tiles so I left them alone!

Slacker

Took out my Smiley90/Borgo induced rage on blahness.

NS Hex Round 6 game AB: Slacker (Vegas) 19 defeats Blahness (Borgo) 10.

GG blahness. I'm still not sure how I feel about Vegas, but I sure got the right tiles at the right time that game.

Link for the new page:

http://neogafboardgames.challonge.com/NeoGAFNeuroshimaHexTournament1

Also, saw news that the Stone Age update was coming, but didn't see a day. Looks like it's coming Wednesday according to the twitter:

@CampfireCreate: Just got the word. Free iPad update is coming Wednesday, March 27th

Top Bottom