• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

My focus in this first round of games is food.

I guess when I put up a clay roof I can only build clay expansions?
Clay roof is good for wood and stone too. Just means you don't have to use any or as much reed when building rooms if you can substitute it for clay.

Slacker

Good to see them responding to comments. I love async but I don't see how it would work in a game like Catan (assuming the card game is anything like the original), so I can see why they didn't bother with it.

USM are seeing feedback for Rivals of Catan.
https://www.facebook.com/UnitedSoftMedia/posts/590593864304806

I'm detecting a common theme there

I don't like them telling me it wouldn't be fun to play async. I think I can make that decision myself thank you!

I hope they wise up and add it in. I mean fuuuuck we have eclipse which is a 6 player usually 4+ hour game that we can play asynchronously. I think we can handle a little 2 player card game.

Boooom!! All tied up now eznark! Good game. I got super lucky with 2 terrors in a row, its pretty hard to deal with not dropping dudes for 2 rounds.

eznark 6 - Ray 15

Now on to the final battle.

tm24

1. AstroLad
2. blahness
3. RaySpencer
4. eznark
5. sladeums
6. Got the Shakes
7. tm24

Geez, i make the announcement and im not even on the list!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
That was such a weird NHex game against Astro. I just never got anything going. Probably because it was the first time EVER that I've played Steel Police. Towards the end I just gave up. Not sure I like their tileset. Could've made it slightly closer, but still would've lost by FAR. First game goes to Astro with 20-6.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
That was such a weird NHex game against Astro. I just never got anything going. Probably because it was the first time EVER that I've played Steel Police. Towards the end I just gave up. Not sure I like their tileset. Could've made it slightly closer, but still would've lost by FAR. First game goes to Astro with 20-6.
Haha yeah I think it was just a case of bad timing on tiles for you. I've been there :p

I think playing a bunch of Agricola iOS has actually just made me not like Agricola...

The game is amazing and can be crazy fun, but the lack of interactivity is killing it for me. I log in, look at my cards and my farm, see what's available pick one and move on to the next game. It loses the best part of Agricola which is yelling at your friends when they take plow fields or take those reeds you needed. It's always much more fun when I can look across the table and really try to figure out what my opponents will be doing right after me, and who do I want to screw over more, and sure you can still try to screw someone over in this, but its a lot more subtle, and instead of rubbing it in there face, they just load up there game, look at what's available and pick something new. It really loses a lot of what makes the boardgames fun to play, and turns an already solo minded game into almost complete solitary.

It's really too bad, because the game underneath is really a top tier game, but when a 5 player starts feeling like a single player game then they have just completely lost me.

Heel

The Ascension update will include the Playdek login system, so make sure you guys have taken the steps to be ready for it.

Playdek press release said:
A NOTE ABOUT ACCOUNTS:
You will need a Playdek account to play online after performing the update. If you have already created an account through Agricola, then you just need to login with that account. There is no need to create a new account.

After you install the update, we recommend that you create your account FIRST, before purchasing the Immortal Heroes IAP. This way we can resolve any account issue prior to dealing with any other issues.

In order to link your previous game history with your new account we suggest the following:

Launch Ascension and log in to online play with the existing system BEFORE we changeover the server tomorrow afternoon. Once you have reached the Online Lobby, you’re good to go. If you've played online sometime in the last month, you should be already set.

If you still need to create an account (you did NOT with Agricola), when you create a new account, make sure that you are logged in with the same Game Center account you used to play Ascension with. After you create and activate their account, log in and make sure all of the stats for your existing player record have been properly transferred.

If you already have an account for Agricola, they should log in with same email/password, and make sure all of the stats and in-progress games from their existing player record have properly transferred.

If there are any issues, send email to support@playdekgames.com and we'll get it resolved quickly.

A NOTE ABOUT DEVICES:
This update brings a number of improvements to Ascension, including 4” retina support, but with this update we will no longer be supporting iPod Touch 2G.

If you are currently using an iPod Touch 2G, do NOT perform this update, as your device will no longer run the game.

Ascension: Immortal Heroes will be an in-app purchase for $2.99 and will require a free update before you can purchase.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
the screwage in agricola is always subtle because there's no direct interaction, even IRL. i don't mind it at all since now i get to play agricola many times a week instead of twice a year but yeah chat in general would be amazing in playdek games and there are definitely situations in agricola where it would be nice too (certainly in SW it would be huge). i think in a gric game someone took like a 1-food fishing space just to seemingly screw me out of a marginal benefit the following round. that was chat-worthy

eclipse otoh man do i want to shout things at people in that

That was a great Agricola game Eznark and Astro. Was trying to pull it out at the end but there was just no way.

That was awesome. soooo close. think i'm in another game with flynn where i'm going to lose by a point or maybe tie? :D

blackflag

Agreed with chat.

I haven't kept up lately...Are they ever releasing SW expansions?

I had only played Agricola 2 times before irl so it's fun to have the app. That's the only game i've played on it so far and it seems to work good. I wishe there was an option to just have it default show the cards instead of hitting the question mark every turn. I rather see the cards.

Invite me to Agricola games. blackflag is user name in Agricola

It says I have no friends, guess they don't transfer from game center?

Agreed with chat.

I haven't kept up lately...Are they ever releasing SW expansions?

I had only played Agricola 2 times before irl so it's fun to have the app. That's the only game i've played on it so far and it seems to work good. I wishe there was an option to just have it default show the cards instead of hitting the question mark every turn. I rather see the cards.

Invite me to Agricola games. blackflag is user name in Agricola

It says I have no friends, guess they don't transfer from game center?
You show up in my list. Maybe it takes a bit of time to fill up.

Brakara

No mail received (checked all spam folders too). :(

Edit: ok, got it. Closed it (completely). Opened again, tried registered again, and then I got the mail. Thanks!

Top Bottom