• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Nice turn RaySpencer. I fucking hate playing against Fallen Kingdom.
They're my personal favorite to play:)
I even thought, hmm can Ray steal magic? No, we have the same number of units. Forgot about Elut Bal... played my last turn way too conservatively:(

Your still in a pretty damn good place right now. Its an uphill battle for me.

FK are the best I agree!

Heel

Emailed Asmodee about Formula D on iOS.

Hello,
Still in the work, but we have no fresh news to give. I talk with some of the devellopers at BGG.CON, they still have lots of works to do on graphics. We should be able to give more news in early 2014.

Regards,
Stefan Brunell

Woo! I wonder who the developer is.

Flynn

Sorry about not taking my turn in the Suburbia game we have going. It is bugged for me.

5OVPjUY.jpg

Card Boy

Banned
Hearthstone is worth the hype guys even its Closed Beta state. I can't wait for the iPad version, they had iPad builds at Blizzcon and its cross-play with PC. Comes out next year on iPad.

Flynn

Hearthstone is worth the hype guys even its Closed Beta state. I can't wait for the iPad version, they had iPad builds at Blizzcon and its cross-play with PC. Comes out next year on iPad.

Any sense of how they're going to handle disconnects? I will play on iPad a lot, but it will be a bummer to lose rank or Arena matches because the wifi is acting funny.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Any sense of how they're going to handle disconnects? I will play on iPad a lot, but it will be a bummer to lose rank or Arena matches because the wifi is acting funny.

That's exactly why I stopped playing. My wifi acts funny too, and even a 2-second lag/short DC is an instant loss. Which sucks terribly in a money-mode like Arena. I couldn't take the frustration anymore until they implement some sort of grace period.

CzarTim

I just tried to add kinghenrik30 and kctimpone to my playdek friends and it is coming back as no user in our database. Does he have some other playdek name?

Alright then. Sladeums, still up to joining? No pressure if you don't, we can find someone else or just have bye weeks.

Flynn

That's exactly why I stopped playing. My wifi acts funny too, and even a 2-second lag/short DC is an instant loss. Which sucks terribly in a money-mode like Arena. I couldn't take the frustration anymore until they implement some sort of grace period.

The game is pretty much perfect. But they're gonna need to find a work-around for that so that they can keep people from cheating, but not open a window for abuse. Fingers crossed.

DukeSucks

Haven't been around much lately because work has been hectic but I'm sill here. Getting princess and dragon for carc now, send me some invites so I can learn how it works.

GC for any new people that don't have me: _LOLduke_

I'll have all expansions

Smiley90

The game is pretty much perfect. But they're gonna need to find a work-around for that so that they can keep people from cheating, but not open a window for abuse. Fingers crossed.

Just make it possible to reconnect for 1min/2min or so. Also it's good for what it is - not very deep though. Fun and worthwhile, yes.

kestrel3d

Neo Member
Waterdeep tourney--

Kestrel3d 187
Sladeums 135

Good game! I was worried you'd be able to convert some of those resources to mad points at the end.

Kosh

Smiley, I don't have Smiley1790 showing up in my friends list on Waterdeep, but I do have Smiley90. Is that right or did you change it to 1790?

kestrel3d

Neo Member
Do you guys find the lord that gives you bonus based on buildings is more powerful than the others? This is the first time I've had that one and it seemed pretty strong, since buying buildings is beneficial anyway. I suppose it may be a little easier to block if you catch on to what is happening though..

CzarTim

Do you guys find the lord that gives you bonus based on buildings is more powerful than the others? This is the first time I've had that one and it seemed pretty strong, since buying buildings is beneficial anyway. I suppose it may be a little easier to block if you catch on to what is happening though..
It's easy to block, but there are a few ways to get around it. Like the Arcana quest / building that lets place a meeple over your opponent's or the building that gives you the first play.

kestrel3d

Neo Member
It's easy to block, but there are a few ways to get around it. Like the Arcana quest / building that lets place a meeple over your opponent's or the building that gives you the first play.

There is also at least one quest that lets you put a building directly onto play, but my opponent blocked me on that one with a well timed quest wipe.

Smiley90

Smiley, I don't have Smiley1790 showing up in my friends list on Waterdeep, but I do have Smiley90. Is that right or did you change it to 1790?

That's the one! (I'm assuming lol) send an invite and I'll know... Gonna be busy-ish with family the next few days though, but I'll see to take a turn every day at least.

Also KingHenrik just contacted me and said he was busy with finals, so.... Not sure what to do about that now!

That's the one! (I'm assuming lol) send an invite and I'll know... Gonna be busy-ish with family the next few days though, but I'll see to take a turn every day at least.

Also KingHenrik just contacted me and said he was busy with finals, so.... Not sure what to do about that now!

I dunno. In just an asshole I guess, but if that was the case he should have said something sooner.

A couple of you were in contact with him earlier right? Has he posted at all on GAF in the last month?

To sign up for something then disappear without any notice is kinda rude.

But uhhhh

Merry Christmas and happy holidays iOS boardgame GAF! Haha.

kestrel3d

Neo Member
Merry Christmas, happy holidays, etc. everyone! I've been having a great time these last few months participating in the group. Hope you all have a safe holiday with plenty of gaming!

My apologies I'll be on vacation from Dec. 27th thru Jan 4th with spotty wifi throughout but will do my best to take turns for the SW Tourney against Pray for Death.

Brakara

Ascension Online is out as beta on Steam (for backers at the beta tier and above), though without the Online part implemented yet. Anyone tried it?

oipic

Ascension Online is out as beta on Steam (for backers at the beta tier and above), though without the Online part implemented yet. Anyone tried it?

I'm stuck at work with the beta key sitting in my inbox, so haven't tried it yet, but the early discussion on the official forums indicates that the UI might be a little clunky compared to the iOS app, and the card selection/zoom mechanics a little wonky.

There's no online play yet, but local multiplayer is supported - only one 'easy' AI level at this stage.

eznark

Banned
So what's the new hotness? I have a strong inclination I am about to get an iPad mini which will probably rekindle my interest in these games. Is Lords good? Are we playing the Carc expansion? Does Neuroshima Hex still hate my guts?

kestrel3d

Neo Member
Lords of Waterdeep is a super good implementation, I am really liking it though I don't like the game as much as something like Agricola, and I will probably never own it in cardboard.

Solforge draft definitely is rekindling my interest in the game--constructed play will be better once I build my collection a lot more.

Brakara

Solforge draft definitely is rekindling my interest in the game--constructed play will be better once I build my collection a lot more.

Foxhull (one of the better players) shared his lifebomb deck, which is fairly cheap to build (Echowisp is the only legendary and it's at least easy to get if you put in a few bucks):

http://www.forgepost.com/deckbuilder#1;PO;Qv;QD;SQ;U4;Uc;Uk;Ei;Vp;Zi;u5

Plays pretty good as well, though it's (obviously) vulnerable to Justicar decks.

kestrel3d

Neo Member
Well, I think I have a total of 7 legendaries so far and no echowisps--if I can keep winning at draft and really build my legendary and heroic cards I will be able to make much more interesting decks.

Man, switching to a Nexus 5 from the iPhone 5 has really hurt my game playing, haha.

I dont know how you guys do it. Im really leaning towards upgrading my iPad3, to a Retina Mini now though, so I can bring it everywhere a lot easier and take my turns that way, haha.

Brakara

I'm stuck at work with the beta key sitting in my inbox, so haven't tried it yet, but the early discussion on the official forums indicates that the UI might be a little clunky compared to the iOS app, and the card selection/zoom mechanics a little wonky.

Yeah, I agree with this after trying it last night. But that's easily fixable. And you can still drag cards like in the iOS version, but after playing a couple of games I actually prefer one-click-to-play-the-card since it's faster. The new artwork and card design are going to take a while to get used to though. It all just seems to be so dark which makes it harder to distinguish the cards. And I also don't like how the cards in your hand are partly hidden.

So wife gave me an iPad for Xmas.
I got LoW and Quarriors so far. I played the tutorial for LoW, and I need to really learn it a bit more before I am ready for MP.
Quarriors is really good, and its been my goto game, pretty consistently. I am hoping they roll(ugh) out expansions soon. Anyone else playing it?

What is the community playing the most of?

I am still not giving up on Ascension on my phone, however.

Top Bottom