• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Well I don't know if you could do it on challonge, but it could be 4p matches with first getting 2 points and second getting 1, and with third and forth both getting zero.

I think it could work out.

I'm in for it either way.
Should we wait and see if the I & K decks come out first.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I would definitely be up for an Agricola tournament btw. Given the holidays coming up maybe once the expansions are out?

Heel

Small World 2 is down to $4.99 if anyone was waiting for a sale.

Speaking of, I should really play it sometime...lol.

tm24

so tourneys are live in Solforge. Draft and constructed. Seems alright so far. Tickets are kinda expensive, but lets see how many are dealt out in daily rewards

Brakara

so tourneys are live in Solforge. Draft and constructed. Seems alright so far. Tickets are kinda expensive, but lets see how many are dealt out in daily rewards

As I said in the Solforge thread, the tournament rewards are pretty generous. It costs 7 tickets to participate in draft, and so far I've received 7, 4, 5 tickets for going 2-1, 1-2 and 2-1. So 3 drafts and I'm 5 tickets down, but have gotten 115 cards.

kestrel3d

Neo Member

I'm excited to try this out, but the biggest perk for me is the ability to play on iPhone!

tm24

As I said in the Solforge thread, the tournament rewards are pretty generous. It costs 7 tickets to participate in draft, and so far I've received 7, 4, 5 tickets for going 2-1, 1-2 and 2-1. So 3 drafts and I'm 5 tickets down, but have gotten 115 cards.
There's a solforge thread?

Agricola update, new decks are out. Playdek has holiday sales tonight, too! :)

Haha. Playdek reading this thread???

Kinda shitty though how long it was between updates! Agricola almost came out a year ago before it got pushed back or whatever it was till February.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
There is like ZERO variety in the decks people bring into constructed tournaments on SolForge. Been a long time since I played but it looks like there's just a single dominant deck.

Hey, soooo it shouldnt take nearly 2 months for 4 people to play the Finals in NH :p. I feel bad for blahness at this point, since it took him and Flynn 5 days to get their games done...haha.

Slacker and bonesquad hurry up!! Fuuuuuck! haha.

tm24

There is like ZERO variety in the decks people bring into constructed tournaments on SolForge. Been a long time since I played but it looks like there's just a single dominant deck.

It's all basically doomwing/zimas/some sort of grimgaut deck. That's why im sticking to draft for now. So much more fun

Brakara

Hmmm, I only tried it once yesterday, but I went 3-0 with a robot deck and met 3 all different non-robot decks. But at least without the card changes, everybody would be playing N/T shapers. And if that's what you met, that's just people who haven't realized the meta has changed.

But I agree with tm24, draft is a lot more fun, even though I never managed to get to 3-0 there (in 7-8 runs).

eznark

Banned
For some reason every time I unlock my ipad and every time I launch an application it asks me for my password again. It's annoying to the point of me almost throwing it in the trash, and it's impacting how quickly I play my turns in games.

I just want to fucking play Agricola, Apple, you pieces of shit!

Slacker

Hey, soooo it shouldnt take nearly 2 months for 4 people to play the Finals in NH :p. I feel bad for blahness at this point, since it took him and Flynn 5 days to get their games done...haha.

Slacker and bonesquad hurry up!! Fuuuuuck! haha.

Whoops I guess bonesquad didn't report it - he defeated me in game three yesterday, something like 18 to 15. He moves on with that win. :(

For some reason every time I unlock my ipad and every time I launch an application it asks me for my password again. It's annoying to the point of me almost throwing it in the trash, and it's impacting how quickly I play my turns in games.

I just want to fucking play Agricola, Apple, you pieces of shit!

If Summoner Wars is running this can happen (if you have the bug).
When I zap it from the Home button it goes away.

eznark

Banned
If Summoner Wars is running this can happen (if you have the bug).
When I zap it from the Home button it goes away.

Oh man, thanks. I'll give that a shot. My ipad has been relegated to legal pad and board game device since I got my htc one.

I am fighting the urge to get a Surface 2. Basically boardgames are the only thing keeping me on iOS.

Whoops I guess bonesquad didn't report it - he defeated me in game three yesterday, something like 18 to 15. He moves on with that win. :(

Ok, thanks. If I could get the army used in that last game too that would be great.

bonesquad vs blahness now for the final.

I'm on my phone and being lazy, so I will make this a more exciting post when I get home. Haha.

Heel

I feel like freshening up the Official NeoGAF Board Game Community spreadsheet.

Any games you think should be removed / added?
Should we wipe it and see who is still active?
A better way to go about things that you can think of?

I'd say we could remove:

New World Colony (anyone playing?)
Ingenious (anyone playing?)
Racer Feud (Never quite worked, Formula De still coming?)
Rivals for Catan (anyone playing?)
Operation Eradicate (anyone playing? Pandemic is out, but no multiplayer...)

Add:

Tanto Cuore (forgot to add this one, anyone playing?)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

I'd say we could remove:

Add:

Rivals doesn't have async, so... meh.

Racer Feud supposedly works now, doesn't it?

I'd say we could remove:

Add:

I think those game additions and subtractions sound good. Maybe racer fued can stay? I haven't tested it lately though, but I still have it on my phone ready to go if people want to play.

I like the idea of a full list wipe too, I'm sure there are a bunch of names on there of people who now banned it will just never come back because we scared them off :p

blahness

Le Havre is on sale for a dollar... Worth an impulse buy?

btw how is the new Carcassonne expansion?

Le Havre is def worth a dollar.

The new Carc expansion is different to say the least. It really makes it a whole different game but so far it is pretty fun. Just dont expect the standard Carc game flow.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Princess & Dragon is totally flukey and has a ton of screw-your-neighbor type of tiles but I really enjoy it. Then again I've always thought of Carc as a goofy fun backstabbing social game more so than a serious (if light) euro.

Heel

Got an email from Playdek outlining their holiday sales:

Between now and January 1st, 2014, the following games (and expansions) will be available for purchase at the listed prices:

▪ Can’t Stop – FREE!
▪ Fluxx – $0.99
▪ Penny Arcade – $0.99
▪ Food Fight – $0.99
▪ Nightfall– $0.99
▪ Nightfall: Martial Law (expansion) – $0.99
▪ Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer – $0.99
▪ Ascension: Return of the Fallen (expansion) – $0.99
▪ Ascension: Storm of Souls (expansion) – $0.99
▪ Ascension: Immortal Heroes (expansion) – $0.99
▪ Tanto Cuore – $0.99
▪ Agricola – $4.99

Agricola Decks I & K are now available purchase in the Apple Store for $0.99!

Hurry and grab these decks for this special launch price today; after January 1st, 2014, the price will increase.

About to join the "Oh God I own everything they've ever released and don't play half of it what am I doing?" club.

Just to make it more official:

Neuroshima Hex Tournament 3 Finals

----------Final Match----------
Bonesquad vs blahness

Top 4:

1 - Flynn | Triphibian
2 - bonesquad | justjeff
3 - Slacker | Slacker
4 - blahness | blahness

Important Links:
Challonge Link
Google Spreadsheet - Army Tracker

Rules:
- Best of 3
- First game: Top invites bottom, Top gets first pick
- Second game: Loser invites winner, loser gets first pick
- Third game (if needed): Loser invites winner, loser gets first pick
- Replay any Ties.
- Each army may only be used one time
- The 3 newly released armies are banned from the finals.

neogafboardgames-NeuroshimaHexT3Finals.png

How is Tanto-cuore? Never heard of it befoe.
It's a decent Dominion clone.
The base game lacks a little variety as there are only something like 14 different cards (not including the special maids).
The theme is maids and love.
If they get more of the expansions out it could get more varied.
As it's Playdek it might not happen, but for 99c/69p it's good value.

CzarTim

NeoGAF Lords of Waterdeep Tournament 1

ROUND 2

Important Links:
Challonge Link

Since KingHenrik30 never got back to Smiley, sladeums is taking his place.

Rules:
- Seeding shuffled.
- Swiss rules!
- There will be a finals tourney for the top 4.
- 7 Rounds.
- Set it to 7 days.
- Either person can send the invite

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You didn't enter a loss into the spreadsheet yet, fyi... At least the picture doesn't show it.

CzarTim

You could always see if someone wants to take his place in the tournament.
What's weird is he responded to my PM a few of days ago and said he'd talk to Smiley, but never followed through. If anyone wants to volunteer for his slot, I'll slide you in if kestrel doesn't get a response by monday.

sladeums

I've neither played nor even bought the game yet ... but would be willing if no other suitable volunteer comes forth.

Hate to see you guys left hanging.

I have like $150 in iTunes credit and the next 18 days off work so it wouldn't be too hard to work into my schedule.

You didn't enter a loss into the spreadsheet yet, fyi... At least the picture doesn't show it.

The pictures take a while to update, but the ones in the thread will auto update when the site does it.
I've neither played nor even bought the game yet ... but would be willing if no other suitable volunteer comes forth.

Hate to see you guys left hanging.

I have like $150 in iTunes credit and the next 18 days off work so it wouldn't be too hard to work into my schedule.

If you like worker placement games then I would recommend picking it up! But don't get it just to fill the slot. Heh.

kestrel3d

Neo Member
I just tried to add kinghenrik30 and kctimpone to my playdek friends and it is coming back as no user in our database. Does he have some other playdek name?

PFD

Sorry Roodiculous, I withdrew from match after accepting because I picked Benders again by accident. It's been so long, forgot I played with them already.

bonesquad

Nice turn RaySpencer. I fucking hate playing against Fallen Kingdom.
They're my personal favorite to play:)
I even thought, hmm can Ray steal magic? No, we have the same number of units. Forgot about Elut Bal... played my last turn way too conservatively:(

Top Bottom