• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Vard

Question about Ascension -

If you have the same # of points as someone else at the end of the game, it still declares a victor... what's the tiebreaker?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Question about Ascension -

If you have the same # of points as someone else at the end of the game, it still declares a victor... what's the tiebreaker?

Whoever started last. So really it's a pretty decent disadvantage to go first since everyone gets even turns anyway.

Heel

Would you guys be interested in doing an Ascension tournament? There's a website called Challonge.com that does brackets so it would be pretty simple.

We could seed by everyone's winning percentage in 1v1's, then do best of 3 or best of 5 for each round.

Could be fun!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Would you guys be interested in doing an Ascension tournament? There's a website called Challonge.com that does brackets so it would be pretty simple.

We could seed by everyone's winning percentage in 1v1's, then do best of 3 or best of 5 for each round.

Could be fun!

yep i'd be up for it. always up for tournaments

Heel

Okay let's see how many players we get. Let's keep the first tournament simple and go from there? Give some feedback if you want something changed.

-Single elimination
-Matches are best of 5 games
-Base + Return of the Fallen (only sign up if you have this expansion!)

Quote this post and fill in the blanks if you want to join in!

GameCenter ID:
Ascension 1v1 record:

Heel

Record: 70-133. I have a buddy I lose an awful lot to.

Kinda raises the question on whether or not someone who has a higher winning percentage but less matches should be seeded higher, haha. I guess we'll find out!

Plus, are we gonna play base Ascension?

octobot

Okay let's see how many players we get. Let's keep the first tournament simple and go from there? Give some feedback if you want something changed.

-Single elimination
-Matches are best of 3 games, final is best of 5 games

GameCenter ID: MechaOctobot
Ascension 1v1 record: 127 - 135

Glad we are having another tournament!

tm24

-Single elimination

GameCenter ID:
Ascension 1v1 record:
Gamecenter: mightytm24
record: 117-139 i think

At the least we should do base+ fallen, no promos

-Single elimination

GameCenter ID:
Ascension 1v1 record:

GameCenter ID: Got the Shakes
Ascension 1v1 record: 53-48

Most of my games have been played against people in this thread.

bonesquad

GameCenter ID:
Ascension 1v1 record:

Sweet. I'm in. I like the promo add on (the Rat King is good fun), but yeah you probably don't want to dilute the cards too much.

ID: justjeff
Record: 61-80

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

-Single elimination

GameCenter ID:
Ascension 1v1 record:

Damn, I'm way better at storm of souls, but alright :p

GC: smiley1790
Ascension 1v1 record: 83-74

eznark

Banned

-Single elimination

GameCenter ID:
Ascension 1v1 record:

GameCenter ID: eznark
Ascension 1v1 record: 20-27 (hm, that seems crazy low)

Heel

GameCenter ID: [Slade]
Ascension 1v1 record: 97-62

4 slots left if we stick to a 16 player bracket.

Do you guys think best of 3 is enough to settle things, or should switch to best of 5 for every round?

tm24

GameCenter ID: [Slade]
Ascension 1v1 record: 97-62

4 slots left if we stick to a 16 player bracket.

Do you guys think best of 3 is enough to settle things, or should switch to best of 5 for every round?
Best of 5,unless we do double elimination

-Single elimination

GameCenter ID:
Ascension 1v1 record:

I know it's a bit elitist because everyone may not have it, but SoS + RotF is pretty much the best way to play the game. There are serious balance issues in my opinion playing Base + RotF

-Single elimination

GameCenter ID:
Ascension 1v1 record:
ID: Diesel Pioneer
Record: can't connect to the servers (grrrr vacation wifi) will update at the weekend but it's something like 60-50 last time I checked

Smiley90

I know it's a bit elitist because everyone may not have it, but SoS + RotF is pretty much the best way to play the game. There are serious balance issues in my opinion playing Base + RotF

This. SoS is imho a lot better than the base and RotF makes it a much better combo than base&rotf. Who of those who have signed up so far DON'T have SoS?

Slacker

-Single elimination
-Matches are best of 5 games

GameCenter ID: Slacker
Ascension 1v1 record: 4-23 (I could have sworn I've played and won more than that, but that's what it says)

I'll play if you want some first-round fodder. :) Going to practice up today.

Edit: In my defense, many of my losses are like the game I just played: 77 to 77, but he got the tiebreaker. :p

Edit again: I have all expansions and will play whatever the group wants.

You know I will play!

GameCenter ID: Jessecuster3
Ascension 1v1 record: a very misleading 186-256

I like the BASE+ROTF

I think i am still missing something about SOS and I cannot figure out what it is.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I dunno about balance but didn't the designer basically say SoS is a new arc that's not really supposed to be played with ROTF? May be wrong. Honestly even though I've played 300+ games I still treat Ascension really lightly and don't look too much for powerful strategy, just buy whatever looks cool in a given moment, hell often going for less-popular cards just to see if I can "make something" out of them (spoiler: i usually can't :p)

Heel

Okay I think we're a full 16 now. Maybe the next one can be Storm of Souls for the people requesting it and anyone who missed out?

I'll try to have some brackets posted tonight.

mercviper

Okay I think we're a full 16 now. Maybe the next one can be Storm of Souls for the people requesting it and anyone who missed out?

I'll try to have some brackets posted tonight.

Crap 16 max? vadernoooo.jpg I guess I'll post earlier in the next one and edit it to reflect my W/L later.

Heel

Crap 16 max? vadernoooo.jpg I guess I'll post earlier in the next one and edit it to reflect my W/L later.

I think for single elimination we'd have to make to 32 to even the bracket, which might take a while haha. I dunno, maybe you can take superrobot's spot if he can't connect to the game?

ID: Diesel Pioneer
Record: can't connect to the servers (grrrr vacation wifi) will update at the weekend but it's something like 60-50 last time I checked

Did you ever manage to connect? We'd be starting soon so maybe wait until your vacation is over. If you mean this coming weekend I think we'd be well along in the tournament at that point.

Heel

Heel | [Slade] - 97-62 (.610)
AstroLad | AstroLad - 204-136 (.600)
Vard | gamecentrist - 36-29 (.554)
butzopower | lambdabutz - 44-36 (.550)
superrobot | DieselPioneer - 60-50? (.545)
Smiley90 | smiley1790 - 83-74 (.529)
Got the Shakes | Got the Shakes - 53-48 (.525)
Brakara | Brakara - 49-48 (.505)
octobot | MechaOctobot - 127-135 (.485)
sladeums | sladeums - 133-143 (.482)
tm24 | mightytm24 - 117 - 139 (.457)
bonesquad | justjeff - 61-80 (.433)
eznark | eznark - 20-27 (.426)
jessecuster | Jessecuster3 - 186-256 (.421)
kennah - kenchuk - 54-78 (.409)
Gatekeeper | Z3R0_5UM - 70-133 (.345)

Haven't set up the bracket yet, but ranked us according to win percentage (top would play bottom, moving inward.)

I might break slightly from the percentages a bit for seeding (Example: I think it would make more sense to have AstroLad/jessecuster + Vard/kennah than have AstroLad/kennah + Vard/jessecuster as far as their experience goes). What do you guys think?

Smiley90

Heel | [Slade] - 97-62 (.610)
AstroLad | AstroLad - 204-136 (.600)
Vard | gamecentrist - 36-29 (.554)
butzopower | lambdabutz - 44-36 (.550)
superrobot | DieselPioneer - 60-50? (.545)
Smiley90 | smiley1790 - 83-74 (.529)
Got the Shakes | Got the Shakes - 53-48 (.525)
Brakara | Brakara - 49-48 (.505)
octobot | MechaOctobot - 127-135 (.485)
sladeums | sladeums - 133-143 (.482)
tm24 | mightytm24 - 117 - 139 (.457)
bonesquad | justjeff - 61-80 (.433)
eznark | eznark - 20-27 (.426)
jessecuster | Jessecuster3 - 186-256 (.421)
kennah - kenchuk - 54-78 (.409)
Gatekeeper | Z3R0_5UM - 70-133 (.345)

Haven't set up the bracket yet, but ranked us according to win percentage (top would play bottom, moving inward.)

I might break slightly from the percentages a bit for seeding (Example: I think it would make more sense to have AstroLad/jessecuster + Vard/kennah than have AstroLad/kennah + Vard/jessecuster as far as their experience goes). What do you guys think?

Burrrrrrrn on jessecuster, but i agree :p

Heel

Ouch, I got skipped! Someone's first round just got a lot harder. :p

Ohhh oops, I missed your entry! In the interest of fairness that would bump Brakara to the next tournament unless superrobot is unable to play, then he would get the last slot.

mercviper, looking like you'll be in the next one. Don't worry, shouldn't take too long. :)

mercviper

Ohhh oops, I missed your entry! In the interest of fairness that would bump Brakara to the next tournament unless superrobot is unable to play, then he would get the last slot.

mercviper, looking like you'll be in the next one. Don't worry, shouldn't take too long. :)

Sounds good to me. :D

Heel

Anyone who wants to play in the next one let us know. Maybe we can get a bracket of 32 next time, unless we play Storm of Souls...

i saw on bgg someone saying that le havre is coming out this week? wow, very interesting.

Nice. I know Magic and Summoner Wars are right around the corner too.

Heel

Tentative bracket here

Made the executive decision to let superrobot enjoy his vacation and added Brakara. Join the next one superrobot! :)

Really liking how the pairings worked out. I know from playing seeds 7 through 10 that AstroLad and I will get a tough 2nd round match if we make it that far.

The only change I made was swapping eznark and jessecuster to give them better 1st round match ups as far as their experience goes.

Looking good to you guys? If so we can start it up tonight.

NeoGAFAscension.png

Top Bottom