• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Heel

So just so I am clear, its best of 5 starting with the first round?

And base+rotf?

Also, what the hell is a "challonge"?

Yeah, all matches will be best of 5. base+rotf. Instructions are in the link.

I heard of Challonge from fighting game tournaments. Hadn't used it before this, but seems like an easy way to run a tournament bracket. You won't need to sign up.

Slacker

Heel I'll be ready to throwdown tonight if you are. Just to make sure I'm practicing right, we'll have CotG and RotF lit up on the create screen right? Going to get a few more rounds in this afternoon to prepare. ;)

Heel

I guess we'll roll with this bracket. Feel free to start whenever. Add each other and report back in the thread with your scores!

http://challonge.com/neogafascension

NeoGAFAscension.png

Heel I'll be ready to throwdown tonight if you are. Just to make sure I'm practicing right, we'll have CotG and RotF lit up on the create screen right? Going to get a few more rounds in this afternoon to prepare. ;)

Yep, those two lit up. Invite me when you're ready.

I was gonna say after we finished this one for you to set up a Carc one!

Yeah that'd be fun.

Does it make sense to start 5 games in parallel?

I'd say no considering you might be finished after 3 games.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Sent you an invite jesse, let's get this party started. Will post exact scores after each game!

Heel

Man, I don't check in for a few days and you guys are doing an Ascencion tournament? Any way I can still get in?

Queue up for the next one man. Hopefully we can expand to 32 to players. I think we're up to 19 right now.

Though I'm not sure we'd get to 32 if we limit it to Storm of Souls. I guess we'll see?

tm24

Queue up for the next one man. Hopefully we can expand to 32 to players. I think we're up to 19 right now.

Though I'm not sure we'd get to 32 if we limit it to Storm of Souls. I guess we'll see?

We can always do byes for top seeds next round if we dont get up all the way to 32

Heel

We can always do byes for top seeds next round if we dont get up all the way to 32

Yeah, we could do something fancier like 24 players and the top 8 from this tournament get byes. Double elimination might be fun too. This site does all of that stuff.

I think for single elimination we'd have to make to 32 to even the bracket, which might take a while haha. I dunno, maybe you can take superrobot's spot if he can't connect to the game?

Did you ever manage to connect? We'd be starting soon so maybe wait until your vacation is over. If you mean this coming weekend I think we'd be well along in the tournament at that point.
Yes. Got some 3G and it was 31-25

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Added MTG, Summoner Wars and Le Havre to the spreadsheet.

ooh spreadsheet -- been a while since i visited! added all three even though mtg is the only one out yet afaik. i am guaranteed to own and want games in all of them.

bonesquad

Bah! What a terrible time for Ascension's notifications to bug out. I figured I'd be knocked out by Wednesday, but now we're not even halfway through game 2. I had gotten so used to played SOS I have no idea what I'm doing...

Screw MTG and its iPad only requirements. Bring on Summoner Wars! Which is weird to say since I've only ever played it once. But the game seemed cool. I know nothing of Le Havre.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Well played 98-90, astro gets it 3 games to 2

Yeah man those were some crazy matches -- ggs.

went to final game, which was decided by 8 points. couldn't ask for much more entertainment in a series :D

and we got it done the only quick way to do so with the broken notifications -- all in one sitting :p

Heel

Clearly I'm the Joe Silva of Ascension matchmaking. Almost had a Cinderella story on our hands!

I'll update the bracket.

Did we ever come up with a prize to the winner?

I've got a gang of iOS game codes saved up that I can give the winner.

Top Bottom