• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassonne, Everything Playdek, & Many More)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
And Nightfall is even worse because 90% of the time you're just going in for a micro-turn (not to mention that in Nightfall you get kicked back to the main menu just for checking your damn notifications or multitask bar). Seem like they're moving in the wrong direction but hopefully not.

Hey, at least they nail the gameplay of all the games, which is IMHO the most important part (I'm looking at your, Operation: Eradicate dev). The only thing they're struggling with is some part that's not part of the core gameplay and IMHO okay to implement later, I'm still having loads of fun with their games.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
yep.

if they're going to be developing most big board games from now on though i do hope the platform does improve with those things in mind. if it does it will be absolutely a+ fantastic. as it is now still good.

Card Boy

Banned
Assassins Creed Recollection expansion is coming out at the end of the month for $2.99.

It will include

* 144 new AC Revelations cards
* New AC Revelations campaign mode
* Revelations booster packs

and some other stuff.

I'm just trying to remember stuff from the survery they had for it. They are thinking about adding other features such as a Stats page, avatars, chat, and other stuff according to the survey they had.

382455_402958383081263_704363558_n.jpg

Besada
It looks like the Ascension game has a glitch - it crashed during my turn and keeps crashing when I try to load it.Thats why I started a new one.

Smiley90

Lambda just shot himself in the foot in Nightfall... -confused- Killed his own 4-damage guy and damaged his other guy, because his cards came before mine and I didn't have any minions in play he could target, ouch. :x

EDIT: DIdn't matter in the end, I still lost :(

butzopower

proud of his butz
Lambda just shot himself in the foot in Nightfall... -confused- Killed his own 4-damage guy and damaged his other guy, because his cards came before mine and I didn't have any minions in play he could target, ouch. :x

EDIT: DIdn't matter in the end, I still lost :(

I was chaining to get the card that lets you play a minion from your discard to play Big Wolf or whatever. I think I did make a mistake in that chain, though. I was waiting that whole game for you to end a chain in Franz, the Leave Me off it is so brutal.

Smiley90

I was chaining to get the card that lets you play a minion from your discard to play Big Wolf or whatever. I think I did make a mistake in that chain, though. I was waiting that whole game for you to end a chain in Franz, the Leave Me off it is so brutal.

Yeah that kicker killed me :(

Smiley90

Is there word on how many factions will be available to purchase for Summoner wars from the start? All of them?

I believe they're porting the master set, so 1 for free (in the free game), 5 for IAP purchase. There are more that'll probably come later

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Totes ready for some Summoner Wars, especially after the disappointment of the mediocre Neuroshima Hex async implementation. Been too long since we had a good board-game release. :p

Smiley90

Totes ready for some Summoner Wars, especially after the disappointment of the mediocre Neuroshima Hex async implementation. Been too long since we had a good board-game release. :p

I know, biggest release was the Ascencion update until now... And next one will be Nightfall expansion after that. Playdek all the way, keeping us busy. And then also Agricola at some point :p

tm24

I know, biggest release was the Ascencion update until now... And next one will be Nightfall expansion after that. Playdek all the way, keeping us busy. And then also Agricola at some point :p

I demand a rename for the thread!

iOS Online Boardgaming Megathread (Carcassone, Everything Playdek Makes, & maybe More)

Quick Carcassonne question: Is there any way to look up Carc players after you play them? I just finished playing a tense game against a guy who was absolutely gifted the game at the start (it was seriously the most uneven tile distribution I had ever seen), and yet I still beat the shit out of him in the end. It was obvious he was a very experienced player by the way he played. And, lo and behold, he quit the game with 1 move left.

I'm pretty sure my EOL shot up, but I don't know exactly by how much, so I'm really curious how could he was. I beat the 70th ranked person in the world yesterday, and I wouldn't be surprised if this guy was higher.

I screencapped the game so I could remember his username (and count at the final score)... any way to search for him aside from just looking at the top 150 online leaderboard?

Vard

In a Quick Play game? No, I don't think so. If you try creating a game versus friends, it has a list of Recent Opponents, but I think that list is only non-friends you've played against in the same games against your friends.

How do you know who gets the last turn in Ascension? I've been winging it this whole time, haha.
White outline means you are P1. I think when the stars/honour points are depleted on P1's turn P2 is guaranteed one more turn.
(prepared to be wrong)

tm24

White outline is first player. Basically, if there's zero honor, the game will end when that player would play their last turn

sladeums

Everyone gets the same number of turns (ignoring card effects).

When the Honor Pool reaches zero the game will finish at the end of the current round when the last player in turn order has taken their turn.

If that makes any sense.

Draxal

Everyone gets the same number of turns (ignoring card effects).

When the Honor Pool reaches zero the game will finish at the end of the current round when the last player in turn order has taken their turn.

If that makes any sense.

It's pretty much this.

Example. You have three players A, B, C, with A being the first player. If it reaches zero honor on player A's turn it ends with Player C's turn. If it reaches zero honor on player B's turn it will end it end on player C's turn. If it reaches zero honor on player C's turn it will end on player C's turn.

Card Boy

Banned
Duel of Fate is terrible on iPad, looks like an uprezzed iPhone game. Typical Gamevil crap. It's basically a rock paper sissors TCG with no strategy from what I can see.

sladeums

Ahhh I thought they had planned for online play? Maybe that's an update down the road now.

Sounds like its in the works.
They posted this last month :

http://cubeyourmind.com/2012/02/05/hazienda-hd-official-announcement/
Hazienda HD will be published in a series of releases including official “Lite” version. Full version of Hazienda will allow:

single player mode (with Artificial Inteligence)
pass and play mode (multiplayer on a single device)
multiplayer mode (synchronous and asynchronous)
two basic maps (more to come)
version for left-handed
support of Game Center

besada

Banned
Besada
It looks like the Ascension game has a glitch - it crashed during my turn and keeps crashing when I try to load it.Thats why I started a new one.

I was wondering about that. Wel, it'll disappear in fourteen days:)

And add me to the list of regular Ascension players who could never figure out when the game was going to end.

I was wondering about that. Wel, it'll disappear in fourteen days:)

And add me to the list of regular Ascension players who could never figure out when the game was going to end.
It's the Great Odin Raven card which caused it. Looking on the forums it's happened to others too.
Also wifi is blocking carc and ascension connections and 3G is a no-no so no moves for a while.

Smiley90

Pictures like this:

SW_Screen_2.jpg

make me wonder how cluttered it'll look on my iphone/what the layout for iphone will be... Not that I care, Ascension and Nightfall both work, despite all those privileged iPad owners saying it doesn't! :D

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
That is one thing I have to give Playdek props for. If you're going to make a game that depends heavily on MP don't make it iPad-only. Sure most of their game are a little bit tougher UI-wise on iPod/iPhone but who cares, as long as it works. And everyone wins b/c you get a bigger player base.

Smiley90

That is one thing I have to give Playdek props for. If you're going to make a game that depends heavily on MP don't make it iPad-only. Sure most of their game are a little bit tougher UI-wise on iPod/iPhone but who cares, as long as it works. And everyone wins b/c you get a bigger player base.

They seem like really cool people too. In an interview I watched they mentioned how they said they want to improve on PR and media communications (-cough- they're still way better than Rio already), then the interviewer asked them if he can talk about the Summoner Wars experience he had because he wasn't sure about whether there was an embargo or not. "Yeah... see, that's exactly what we have to improve, you shouldn't have to ask whether or not you can talk about our game" :D

tm24

Come on people, let's rename the thread to mention Playdek. You know you want to.

Also, yay.. Done with finals. Time to delve into nightfall and NHex big time

Top Bottom