• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 5

Flo_Evans

Just left an Verizon authorized reseller store and they said they're getting exactly 1 32gb black on Friday, they put it aside for me after I gave my name and #. Going to pick it up 9am Friday. Feels good knowing I don't have to worry about finding one

The fuq? 1?

Shieet maybe I better call my store...

It's really not a big deal, the times when you use it, you'll probably have access to wifi and can use it anyway.

I wish Verizon had it but I can't think of one time when I need to browse the web and talk at the same time, especially in these era where people rather text then talk

Just left an Verizon authorized reseller store and they said they're getting exactly 1 32gb black on Friday, they put it aside for me after I gave my name and #. Going to pick it up 9am Friday. Feels good knowing I don't have to worry about finding one

I should have done this. Unfortunately, the only Verizon seller around here is an Amcomm, and I avoid that place as much as possible. Instead, my pre-order is sitting around in limbo somewhere. Maybe I'll get it next week, maybe sometime in October. No clue.

Appleman

Phone with my name on it just got delivered to the Rogers store by my house. Going to be a long two days knowing it's just sitting a block away from me before they finally let me pick it up

The fuq? 1?

Shieet maybe I better call my store...

I should have done this. Unfortunately, the only Verizon seller around here is an Amcomm, and I avoid that place as much as possible. Instead, my pre-order is sitting around in limbo somewhere. Maybe I'll get it next week, maybe sometime in October. No clue.

It's worth a shot to give them a call. If I go to the official Verizon stores there will be lines all day for the next week+ and they would never put a phone aside for anyone

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Just out of curiosity, are there still limits on app store download size while on 4G? Is wifi still necessary for >50 meg apps?

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?

Flo_Evans

always bet on black. White is for girls.

It's worth a shot to give them a call. If I go to the official Verizon stores there will be lines all day for the next week+ and they would never put a phone aside for anyone

Well I just called the AT&T store.

they don't know the supply they are getting, said they could put one aside if I went there in person.

plainr_

I think I'm going to cancel my two preorders from AT&T. Will they revert my contracts back to eligible status before Friday? Both are still processing btw.

Preordered the iPhones as soon as the AT&T site went up but I really doubt I'll be getting them in the mail on the 21st. I'm heading to California this weekend and I need my phone so I'm willing to stand in line on Friday if they can revert my contracts back in time. I don't want to stand in line for hours only to be greeted with a full price tag for two iPhones when I pick them up.

Anybody else consider doing this as well?

Einbroch

Banned
Normally I'd be shouting white from the rooftops, but the iPhone 5 looks really slick in black.

I still went white, though.

I think I'm going to cancel my two preorders from AT&T. Will they revert my contracts back to eligible status before Friday? Both are still processing btw.

Preordered the iPhones as soon as the AT&T site went up but I really doubt I'll be getting them in the mail on the 21st. I'm heading to California this weekend and I need my phone so I'm willing to stand in line on Friday if they can revert my contracts back in time. I don't want to stand in line for hours only to be greeted with a full price tag for two iPhones when I pick them up.

Verizon lets you return the phone within 30 days and you get to keep your upgrade. I would assume AT&T would be the same. Call them or chat with them online.

Normally I'd be shouting white from the rooftops, but the iPhone 5 looks really slick in black.

I still went white, though.

Verizon lets you return the phone within 30 days and you get to keep your upgrade. I would assume AT&T would be the same. Call them or chat with them online.

My girlfriend is getting white, that silver back is very nice

nib95

Banned
Black looks infinitely better. Very menacing and slick. The back on the white 5 just looks a bit cheap and thrown together, but different strokes.

I was all about white for 4S, but that black and slate instead of black and silver has me this time.

Also, got a shipping notification from UK Apple Store. Why is tomorrow not Friday.

OMG YES!

AT&T

QBmt7.png

Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?

either or, lol

plainr_

Okay I just gave them a call. They said it's processing and cannot be changed or cancelled at this time. :(

Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?

Consider this....

Apple showcased the white for iPhone 4 and 4S in their promo shots

They are showcasing the black for iPhone 5.

Zeth

ATT's system is extremely slow. If you ordered early you will probably get it. I ordered 8 min after launch and also have no shipping status, but the carrier (FedEx) was just added a few min ago.

Also stealth jet black.

Dinokill

So I sold my iPhone 4 on ebay to a reputable buyer/company( 100% more than 5000 feedbacks) on saturday night and they haven't pay yet! WTF?

Now there is no way I have time to transfer the money from paypal to bank account before friday. Can I pay with paypal at a Bestbuy store?

andycapps

Its Wednesday September 19th, and my phone has still not shipped. :(

Same, I think it's a situation where the CSR's on the phones have no clue what's going on any more than we do. Some people are saying that Sprint told them that it's shipping next day air tomorrow. So we should get tracking info tomorrow if that's the case. Some other people have said that as long as you ordered it before the cutoff time last Friday then it would be delivered on or around the 21st.

I'll start freaking out of I don't have a tracking number tomorrow night.

Apparently one rep told someone that it would be delivered on the 21st or before. Basically, I think they're trying to time the delivery based on where you are from when it goes out from the warehouse, but it may get their sooner than expected.

I knew something was up with my second phone order when I got an email yesterday about one of the phones I ordered being fully processed, but no email for the other one.

So I call them up, wait 50 minutes to talk to someone, and then she informs me my credit card didn't work for some reason. I guess they figured this was just my problem to realize at some point, because I never received a single message telling me this news. So she presses a few buttons and the order goes through. Fucking ridiculous.

So I guess it's still possible my phone will show up alongside my wife's on Friday, but I suspect it's a long shot. Of course the ATT rep couldn't give me a specific piece of information about anything shipping related.

So I just check my order again, and the phone she processed the payment for me today, now shows "Date Ordered" as 9/19/12.

I specifically asked her if my order would still be handled as if it were ordered last Friday, when I actually did it, and she assured me that would be the case.

lol, fucking customer service reps just making shit up on the fly.

Talon

Welp, looks like I won't be getting my phone for another 2-3 weeks. And they might cancel my order because the shipping and billing address is different. Why do I even have the option on your site then, AT&T?

This is going to sound really stupid, but I've never ordered from the Apple Store before (always used AT&T).

Will my phone come with a SIM card? I won't have to get one from AT&T will I?

Can't believe emailing 5 pics is still the max with iOS6. I mean..really?? Unreal. They can at LEAST let you send more while forcing a lower resolution if that's the issue.

Zeth

iOS 6 app store is sexy as fuuu

New update tab is great, shows progress of updating apps. Lots of improvements to the crappy old method.

Same, I think it's a situation where the CSR's on the phones have no clue what's going on any more than we do. Some people are saying that Sprint told them that it's shipping next day air tomorrow. So we should get tracking info tomorrow if that's the case. Some other people have said that as long as you ordered it before the cutoff time last Friday then it would be delivered on or around the 21st.

I'll start freaking out of I don't have a tracking number tomorrow night.

Apparently one rep told someone that it would be delivered on the 21st or before. Basically, I think they're trying to time the delivery based on where you are from when it goes out from the warehouse, but it may get their sooner than expected.

What state are you in?
I'm in Cali.

Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?
Black or white?

DPcUU.gif

Kaladin

My Apple.com order is still listed as Preparing for Shipment, even though it has clearly left the warehouse via the UPS tracking.

Has anyone's Apple.com order switched to shipped?

bonesquad

My order still says waiting to be shipped. Looking at UPS the last update says it left Alaska over a day ago...then no further communications. I fear it is lost somewhere in the oil sands of Alberta:(

The question is, how much more black could the new iPhone 5 be, and the answer is none. None more black. Hotblack Desiato would love this phone.

Top Bottom