• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 5

I think that the coating will scrape off, like in this picture

apple-iphone-5-phone-review-27.jpg

sangreal

I thought with 4G access on Verizon simultaneous voice/data was now enabled? I'm pretty sure the data can work on the 4G while the voice uses the 3G band (or vice versa)

the (cdma) iphone doesn't support svdo. If you want the technical reasons why, there is an anandtech article about it. the short answer is that it was to squeeze more international lte bands in

jts

...hate me...
Still strong on the black one.

Counting on you guys for a class action suit by christmas time though.

OK OK OK

I decided to get two iPhone 5's - one for me and one for my wife. I figured my 4S is worth enough right now to basically swap out for a 64GB iPhone 5 without paying anything more (on "new every two")...so I bit. Dammit, I bit and I wasn't going to.

Oh well. Ship it to me Verizon!! Do it!

dwebo

kinda glad I didn't end up pre-ordering now, as I would've gotten a black one. friday will be interesting, if this ends up actually being a widespread issue

Zaph

I know it's petty, but I can really see myself being bothered by this scuffgate thing because it doesn't seem like something you can avoid by being careful.

And fuck cases.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
So out of curiosity... does the white iphone actually stay white, or does it turn that gross discolored white that nobody likes after a few months?

Still torn between getting black or white.

Kaladin

So out of curiosity... does the white iphone actually stay white, or does it turn that gross discolored white that nobody likes after a few months?

Seeing as how no one has had a white iPhone 5 for a few months, I don't think anyone can answer this question.

White stays white.

And I think this is the best-looking white phone Apple has made.

FUCK. It was supposed to be easy this time!

Danny Dudekisser

White stays white.

And I think this is the best-looking white phone Apple has made.

FUCK. It was supposed to be easy this time!

The silver parts of the white one just... speak to me.

Well, not speak to me. That'd be weird. But I like it a lot.

Eh, between that and scuffgate, maybe I should just go white.

How clean are your hands?

That depends on where they've been...

FStop7

Banned
I had a black 4 that broke (RIP BRO) and replaced it with a white 4S. White suited the 4 better. But for whatever reason I think the 5 looks better in black.

Koodo

Banned
I think the alleged scuffing is visible in these pictures.

qMR48.jpg

9Nkvm.jpg

HMM. I might just let you dolls try this phone out for a couple of weeks before PLUNGING. No me gusta white, my heart only has room for black.

Oh lord. The slate is what finally made me go team black after my last two iOS devices being white and now this scuff monster rears it's ugly head.

Life is so unfair.

Joking, but this does suck if true.

bonesquad

That looks like shit but I always have mine in a silicon case.

Which looks even worse...

Bah! Hopefully this is a rare situation. Right?! I refuse to put my phone in a case. You'd think Apple would have learned from the recent original iPod Nano lawsuit. Maybe this is a way to get you to fork out for an AppleCare+ package.

jts

...hate me...
Fuck that noise. I'm dropping top money for a phone, I'm not wrapping it. Apple brags to build it like a luxury watch. If I get cheap scuffs, Ima complain. Give me the luxury watch costumer treatment.

If this becomes a widespread problem, we are good to go guys.

$20 iTunes store credit

Danny Dudekisser

Outta curiosity, has anyone complained about their white phone getting scratched? Dunno if the material they're using for the side is different, or if the silver shit gets scratched too and is just less noticeable..

Top Bottom