• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 5

Maybe it will be become the hot new fashion item, like those designer jeans that already looked all fucked up when you buy them. There will be mall kiosks with dudes who will scuff up your iPhone for you.

This is the problem with getting the phone Day 1, there are no guinea pigs to test out the problem and report back. YOU are the guinea pig!

def sim

I'm going to be fairly busy this weekend and will be bringing my phone around everywhere without a case. I'm kinda looking forward to possibly ripping off that band aid.

LordCanti

Maybe it will be become the hot new fashion item, like those designer jeans that already looked all fucked up when you buy them. There will be mall kiosks with dudes who will scuff up your iPhone for you.

I'm hoarding all my old flip and candy bar cellphones for the inevitability of "vintage" cellphones becoming a thing for hipsters.

Tobor

That's what Jobs used to say about the old iPods back in the day, if you remember. He liked them worn in like old jeans, and would bitch about people using cases. Lol.

Whooter

Do I have hope GAF?

My AT&T Premiere order just went from

Pending Shipment - Quantity Backordered: 1​

to​

Pending Shipment - Quantity Backordered: 0

Do I have hope of receiving the 5 on Friday, even though I got an email today saying the phone would ship in 14-21 business days?

That's what happened to my order earlier today. A few hours ago, they added a "1" to the "Quantity Shipped" column, and changed the status to "Shipped". No tracking info yet, however.

LordCanti

That's what happened to my order earlier today. A few hours ago, they added a "1" to the "Quantity Shipped" column, and changed the status to "Shipped". No tracking info yet, however.

My premiere status page still hasn't updated to reflect that the phone has shipped. I had to log into normal AT&T to find out (still no tracking number, but I'm not even worried).

I'm so worried.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Is it realistic to expect never to scuff an item that you put in your pocket, use regularly, and may drop on the ground? Even if you throw a case on it, you'll probably scuff that at some point. Does no one have an iPod touch or the shiny metal backed iPods? Those scuffed immediately no matter what you did.

Even after putting a case on it doesn't guarantee no scuffs.
Cases IMO seem like a bad idea for preventing small scratches. I've never used one, but I've seen what some cases looked like from colleagues at work who would take their phone out. The amount of dust and dirt that would collect there between the case and the phone has higher chance of scratching the phone than just holding it in a pocket (making sure there's nothing else in that pocket of course)

Whooter

My premiere status page still hasn't updated to reflect that the phone has shipped. I had to log into normal AT&T to find out (still no tracking number, but I'm not even worried).

I'm so worried.

I had already prepared myself for disappointment, so if I actually receive it on Friday, it'll be extra-awesome, and if I don't then I was ready for that anyhow.

If there is any kind of scuff issue honestly I think it's just as likely to be caused by putting a case on it. There are all kinds of shitty cases that actually damage phones.

LordCanti

The 32mb MP3 player days were the best days.

IpYys.jpg

This is the biggest POS I've ever owned.

I feel bad for the iPod Classic now. I like that they still make it but it isn't even featured when Apple shows the iPod line-up, it's like they're embarrassed by it.

evil ways

The 32mb MP3 player days were the best days.

IpYys.jpg

This is the biggest POS I've ever owned.

I remember my first MP3 player like it was yesterday. A 1gb Sandisk that used AAA batteries. The days of connect, drag & drop, and a pack of 4 AAA's would last me around a month.

LordCanti

I remember my first MP3 player like it was yesterday. A 1gb Sandisk that used AAA batteries. The days of connect, drag & drop, and a pack of 4 AAA's would last me around a month.

I still own the MP3 player posted above (in grey instead of blue, with slightly different buttons). I'll bet it still works, but lord knows where the proprietary plug for it is.

Azar

I'm getting a black phone and I couldn't give less of a fuck if it gets scratched and some silver shows through. As long as I don't damage the screen, I'm happy.

So, shared photo streams in iOS6 is pretty slick. If you turn on the public option, you can have an online album created in a matter of seconds simply by tapping the pics u want, then sharing the link, which can be edited anytime from the iPad and which generates a really slick looking online album. Won't need to do this in iPhoto anymore.

Oh, and fuck this cuffgate noise. Sounds like anal retentive bullshit.

Dany

Banned
my apple.com order hasn't updated even though my ups thing says the latest thing is

Louisville, KY, United States 09/18/2012 10:00 A.M. Arrival Scan

i'm not worried but curious where everyones apple.com order is at?

I still don't understand the point of an iPod other than an iPod Classic. Everybody has a phone, what possible reason do you have for a low capacity MP3 player that replicates some of your phone's functionality in an inferior way?

I still don't understand the point of an iPod other than an iPod Classic. Everybody has a phone, what possible reason do you have for a low capacity MP3 player that replicates some of your phone's functionality in an inferior way?
A lot of people want the functionality without the expensive data plan and 2-year contract. I doubt the iPod touch would be the most popular iPod Apple makes if there wasn't a demand for it.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
my apple.com order hasn't updated even though my ups thing says the latest thing is

i'm not worried but curious where everyones apple.com order is at?

My order has also been sitting in lousiana for more than a day. I am going to assume that they are going to be on the move tomorrow! Probably by air if it wants to reach Texas by Friday.

Guys, relax. The orders are all timed to arrive on Friday. Every phone I've ordered for launch day has arrived right when it should, Apple and their delivery services have this shit down like a Swiss watch.

Top Bottom