• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 5

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
What's the betting those six go to the staff, as well.

Nah, they aren't even being allowed by the manager to open them. He's quite pissed off about it, the last time this happened he said someone had been queuing up from 3am for a 4S and then burst into tears haha

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Maybe they should put a notice on the door this time. :p

They are telling people if they haven't pre-ordered to not even bother but they don't know if there will be any more coming tomorrow or not.

Everything has gone to fulfill Apple pre-orders and the rest are going to the operators.

MasLegio

Banned
at times like this I sometimes wished I lived in the US.

but early iPhones cant compete with free healthcare, 5 week-holidays, free education etc.

still....

def sim

Apple.com set my order as shipped, as well. I'm glad that I don't have to keep checking anymore. Pre-sign form is printed and taped to my mailbox.

:D

MasLegio

Banned
forgett about scuffgate

we now have Mapgate
NeoGaf thread on topic

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1385928&page=51

BBC: New Apple maps app under fire from user
Apple is yet to comment on the complaints about the software, which comes already installed on the new iPhone.

TomTom said it provided only data and was not responsible for how it worked.

MyWGT.jpg

Majine

Banned
The maps app is a disaster, especially when you live in small places like I do. The satellite images of my town looks like the beginning of last century.

Im curious as to what people in the Uk are paying for their phones?
Im kind of stuck, £36 seems like alot of money to pay per month for a phone but then I dont really see the point of upgrading to the 4S for £26/30 instead.

Maybe im just so used to paying £10 pm for a 3GS that the above amounts just sound mentla to me!?

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
I haven't updated to iOS 6 yet, was just waiting for the new phone.

I don't think Bournemouth is going to fare very well in the maps.

facebook is always on fire. next

Come on, that's indefensibly shit. If they don't roll out better stuff quickly they are going to get a lot of flak.

Im curious as to what people in the Uk are paying for their phones?
Im kind of stuck, £36 seems like alot of money to pay per month for a phone but then I dont really see the point of upgrading to the 4S for £26/30 instead.

Maybe im just so used to paying £10 pm for a 3GS that the above amounts just sound mentla to me!?

Sounds like it just isn't worth it to you. You can easily check all the available contracts, sim free tarrifs and unlocked prices. Only other option is used from ebay with a cheap plan like giff gaff.

Personally I buy unlocked every year and give the old phone to a friend or family member. No doubt that seems crazy to some though.

andycapps

Netflix app has been updated.

Yes! Awesome.

Man, those screen grabs of Google Maps on IOS5 compared with Maps just make Maps look horrible. I checked out Maps last night on my wife's 4S after I updated it to IOS6. Maps as a program seems pretty cool but I didn't dig into the detail yet. Apple is going to have a long way to go to catch up with Google in that area, so I'll probably go with Google (when they release Google Maps) if I'm trying to find something, but Apple's navigation through Maps should work great.

Kaladin

Come on guys, maps can be updated. Google wasn't always great.....and isn't great everywhere on the map. I still find spots in streetview where the picture looks like it was taken in a bunch of fog, or in the middle of the night with a bad low light camera.

ant1532

Banned
Come on guys, maps can be updated. Google wasn't always great.....and isn't great everywhere on the map. I still find spots in streetview where the picture looks like it was taken in a bunch of fog, or in the middle of the night with a bad low light camera.

nah.

Kiraly

lol at trying to make it seem ok

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood

This looks pretty widespread outside the US, and doesn't even seem to know the roads that are there let alone be able to see them.

jcm

This maps thing has been so long coming as well I can't believe they went ahead with it in this state.

We first heard about it ages ago.

At this point they need to collect additional data, and the way to do that is to have people use it. It should improve fairly quickly. It's already good for US cities.

MasLegio

Banned

just tried Streetview in Apples Map App. See screenshot below:

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
At this point they need to collect additional data, and the way to do that is to have people use it. It should improve fairly quickly. It's already good for US cities.

Maps and directions isn't really something you should have the public beta test.

And I'm not sure anyone's going to have a personal satellite to help Apple out either.

Sounds like it just isn't worth it to you. You can easily check all the available contracts, sim free tarrifs and unlocked prices. Only other option is used from ebay with a cheap plan like giff gaff.

Personally I buy unlocked every year and give the old phone to a friend or family member. No doubt that seems crazy to some though.

Hmm I guess. I did consider the unlocked route for £500 aswell, I guess £500 just sounds like alot but when you add on £240 for 24months contract thats still £260 cheaper over two years than most other contracts.

Pein

Banned
att didn't send me an email so I had to check manually on their site, it says its shipped! I was so worried I wouldn't get it until October or some crap.

gamma

Mine changed from processing to preparing for shipment. Still says 9/21 though. Hm

shiieeeet it shipped. But the tracking site says the service is currently unavailable, is this for everyone or just because its too early to track?

Top Bottom