• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 5

KtSlime

It does look like it's in the exact same place... Hmmm

Is that a scuff I see on the MBP behind the phone?

Not saying that this is the case, but it wouldn't be too difficult to manufacture an imaginary controversy, I'm sure an iPhone 5, file, 10 minutes, and a camera could go a long way for drawing a few hits.

But it could also be the case that it really does damage easily, but I would imagine if it were easy it should have been caught before the design was approved.

I'd like to think that Ive wouldn't sign off on something that messes up the new edge design that easily.

There are some people that can't take care of shit. Cue otterbox cases

DoubleTap

I just browsed through all the iPhone 5 articles back to September 12th on Slashgear and couldn't find a single report about scuffgate, am I overlooking something?

"They’re finished with a beautiful chamfered edge, which Apple says is diamond-cut; it’s unfortunately reasonably prone to scrapes, however, and after just a few days of relatively kid-glove treatment, this black review model bore at least one small scar. It would likely be less obvious with a white version"

http://www.slashgear.com/iphone-5-review-18247708/

Page 2

KtSlime

"They’re finished with a beautiful chamfered edge, which Apple says is diamond-cut; it’s unfortunately reasonably prone to scrapes, however, and after just a few days of relatively kid-glove treatment, this black review model bore at least one small scar. It would likely be less obvious with a white version"

http://www.slashgear.com/iphone-5-review-18247708/

Page 2

Thanks! Wasn't trying to call you out, just didn't see a headline/summary concerning it and didn't have time to read every article.

Perhaps there is merit to this concern.

DoubleTap

Thanks! Wasn't trying to call you out, just didn't see a headline/summary concerning it and didn't have time to read every article.

Perhaps there is merit to this concern.

No problem. It's the lesser known review and they obviously didn't make a huge deal about it.
As much as putting on a bumper is a NEOGAF gadget faux pas, I'll still rock one on mine. If kids glove handling gets you a scuff, I can only imagine what an actual drop can do. And I've dropped my 4 a few times.

squicken

is there any rhyme or reason to how they ship these out? my email from AT&T said delivery on the 21st, but I haven't had my CC charged and the status on the order page hasn't changed from beyond "processing". but I definitely have an order number and an order confirmation email

jcm

Looks like my phones hooked up in Louisville and got on the same airplane to BWI. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve.

themadhatter444

Neo Member
is there any rhyme or reason to how they ship these out? my email from AT&T said delivery on the 21st, but I haven't had my CC charged and the status on the order page hasn't changed from beyond "processing". but I definitely have an order number and an order confirmation email

This.

squicken

When it ships and you have a tracking number is when your CC is charged.

Yeah I get that. It's just strange that I got a delivery due on 21st but haven't had any movement on the order. I know some people got notices that their orders were sliding but I never did. I was wondering if there was some way to know by time cutoff which orders weren't actually going out the 21st

Husker86

don't know what cheap case they were using to cause that. I've use Incase on my iPhone 4 since I bought it and when I took it off recently the phone looked brand new, and I dropped my phone many times.
When I had an iPhone 4 the official bumper did that to my volume and power buttons. I took it off before it could do more damage but my friend, who left his on, had that all over his antenna bands.

Naka

I hate to further buy into this scuffgate debacle but if I decide I'm not happy with the black model that I pre-ordered from Apple will I be able to exchange it for white?

Top Bottom