• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 5

HAY, so is everyone on iCloud going to do a local backup tonight? Got to imagine the iCloud servers are going to explode tomorrow with millions of people sucking down their backups... I was all set to try it (as I haven't yet!) but realized it would probably be pure pain.

LaneDS

Google Maps on the browser sucks though. It's nowhere near as smooth, and StreetView requires Flash. The Google Maps app on iOS5 is smooth, and uses StreetView with no problems.

Hopeful that it'll at least be snappy on an iPhone 5, if the Apple maps solution is as bad as it sounds like it's going to be.

Dany

Banned
Who actually uses satellite mode for maps...ever?

I find it incredibly distracting when looking at a map, and seeing buildings or crap in my way.

Kaladin

I find it incredibly distracting when looking at a map, and seeing buildings or crap in my way.

It's how I prefer to use Google Maps. I like seeing what is actually there when I'm looking at directions.

Dany

Banned
I can understand why street view would be useful by looking at landmarks and stuff but I dunno, satellite view is too cluttered. It isn't an excuse as to why apple's map is shit. That is reprehensible.

andycapps

I never do. Apparently a lot of people do. My main gripe is going to be landmarks not showing up or map data just being incorrect.

I can understand why street view would be useful by looking at landmarks and stuff but I dunno, satellite view is too cluttered. It isn't an excuse as to why apple's map is shit. That is reprehensible.

I agree with this. I've always found satellite view to be pretty much useless for me, just like the 3D view in the new map.

FedEx messin' with my mind, they had the delivery date estimated for today at 3 PM until 3 PM rolled around; at which point they just got rid of an estimated delivery time entirely, haha.

FedEx messin' with my mind, they had the delivery date estimated for today at 3 PM until 3 PM rolled around; at which point they just got rid of an estimated delivery time entirely, haha.

Don't lose hope, I've had some stuff delivered by Fed Ex at like 7-8 at Night even though the estimated time was 3 PM.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
UPS said:
Louisville, KY, United States 09/20/2012 3:46 P.M. Departure Scan

35cipgi.gif

LordCanti

I think my phone teleported...

Sep 20, 2012 6:00 AM Picked up FORT WORTH, TX
Sep 20, 2012 6:00 AM Left FedEx origin facility FORT WORTH, TX
Sep 20, 2012 6:00 AM Arrived at FedEx location INDIANAPOLIS, IN

giga

Verge with another article that doesn't kiss Apple's ass, I think Verge is getting the phone the same time we all are lol
No, they're not. Josh and Nilay have been hinting the past few days about Kimmel. Go look at their latest tweets to see that Josh will have it on the show tonight and the review is coming at the same time.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
I think my phone teleported...

Sep 20, 2012 6:00 AM Picked up FORT WORTH, TX
Sep 20, 2012 6:00 AM Left FedEx origin facility FORT WORTH, TX
Sep 20, 2012 6:00 AM Arrived at FedEx location INDIANAPOLIS, IN
I wish mine showed something.. all I see is:

A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

AT&T order status has been marked as shipped for about 3 days now but I still see the same stuff on UPS :( It says the label was created on the 20th yet I got the email about it being shipped on the 17th along with the tracking number. I realllllllly hope I get it tomorrow.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
No, they're not. Josh and Nilay have been hinting the past few days about Kimmel. Go look at their latest tweets to see that Josh will have it on the show tonight and the review is coming at the same time.

So Apple sent one to Kimmel for his show, and Josh will write a review after he's had five minutes hands on with Kimmel's unit.

OK.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.

I feel the same way. hpefully Google brings out a maps app for ios

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Tracking number finally updated.. it's in concord ontario, should be here tomorrow morning. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Top Bottom