• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 5

Zeth

I read that Steve preferred his iPod worn in like a favorite pair of jeans. That's how I'll think about my black iPhone. Gives it character.

Kaladin

I wonder if people would be camping out at the AT&T store we have here like they were when I bought an iPhone 3G from them.

I will say this. If my phone gets paint rubbing off, and they don't take care of it with a replacement or whatever, I will for sure never "day one" any electronics ever again. I mean, I have learned my lesson in the past (or not) so you would think I wouldn't do this to myself.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I will say this. If my phone gets paint rubbing off, and they don't take care of it with a replacement or whatever, I will for sure never "day one" any electronics ever again. I mean, I have learned my lesson in the past (or not) so you would think I wouldn't do this to myself.

Why would they take it back?

It's wear and tear, which is not covered under warranty.

Pecan1

Banned
I wonder if people would be camping out at the AT&T store we have here like they were when I bought an iPhone 3G from them.

Yea that is true. My og Droid was dented scarred and scuffed all over. It looked BA.

But the thing about that was I had it for year and a half. I did that stuff to my phone it survived my abuse. It worked fine.
Who wants a brand new phone you just dropped a couple hundred bucks on looking beat up.

I guess basically that logic is wrong if its coming outta the box that way

day 1ing an Apple product usually isn't an problem (except antennagate)

rezuth

I read that Steve preferred his iPod worn in like a favorite pair of jeans. That's how I'll think about my black iPhone. Gives it character.

jeo8wDw9oqdDC.jpg

So what's the first thing you guys and gals are going to do after you take it out of the box and set it up? I'm going to download Speedtest and check my LTE speeds.

Ace 8095

Why would they take it back?

It's wear and tear, which is not covered under warranty.
If it's widespread then it can easily be argued as a manufacturing defect. If a new car had paint flaking off after a heavy rain it would not be considered normal wear and tear. This could be a similar situation.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
If it's widespread then it can easily be argued as a manufacturing defect. If a new car had paint flaking off after a heavy rain it would not be considered normal wear and tear. This could be a similar situation.

Did Apple replace iPhone 3Gs because the plastic back got scratches on with use?

CrankyJay

Banned
10 hours? I've waited tons of times, it's never taken that long. I'm hoping to be out in 4.

Yah. It was mostly because they had a pre-order line and a line for schlubs like me. Every time a pre-order person came they got priority which held up the regular line. It happened all day. It got to the point where people in my line started blocking the pre-order line or hiding the sign, LOL. I still ended up with a phone for me and my wife. I was unemployed at the time so I guess I had nothing better to do, but I didn't eat all day. In hindsight I guess I could have waited a few weeks.

This was at the only Apple store in the area. It didn't occur to me to try Best Buy or an AT&T store.

snack

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my previous post.

At about the 2:38 mark in the video, there seems to be flaking around the SIM card slot.

(Found this via macrumors... lol)

Kaladin

At about the 2:38 mark in the video, there seems to be flaking around the SIM card slot.

I'm not seeing it.

Edit: Hmmmmmm I'll give you a maybe....stretching it though.

Clipse

So is anyone without a pre-order going to an Apple or carrier store tomorrow morning at 8am or earlier? Not sure if I should even bother..

That's bound to happen; it happens on my iPhone 4 too and is caused by the metal slot scraping against the metal casing when they insert the SIM card.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I got used to the jack on the bottom on my iPod Touch 2G years ago that it felt weird when it was on top when I got my iPhone 4. Very glad it's on the bottom. I'm a bottom guy. Yeah.

Xcellere

I swear, AT&T is like the coked-up hooker you fall in love with in a back alleyway. She gives you that faint glimmer of hope when she stares deeply into your eyes (like when AT&T says your iPhone 5 will ship on time), and then proceeds to stomp on your brittle heart when you find out she's fucked thousands of other men (when AT&T cancels your order the night before launch).

In conclusion: Fuck you AT&T.

Once I receive my black iPhone 5 tomorrow, can i return it to ATT within 30 days if i dont like it? I know i could do that with phones purchased from them but I got this at apple.com.

jerry1594

1. The cable is usually the perfect length
2. The bottom is the ergonomically superior location.

1) How long is it now? It's short as hell if I want to plug it in to a normal socket.
2) I hated that shit on my iPod Touch 4, way better as it was.

Also, can I pick this up on Sprint day 1 with no preorder?

Zeth

LTE speed tests definitely. Still don't know if I'll have coverage. Apparently it just turned on in Philly but I'm about 10-12 miles outside the city.

Edit: AT&T

LaneDS

Any apps that'll have updates ready to go that'll showcase off the bigger resolution? Games, in particular, I'd like a showpiece app.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I got used to the jack on the bottom on my iPod Touch 2G years ago that it felt weird when it was on top when I got my iPhone 4. Very glad it's on the bottom. I'm a bottom guy. Yeah.
A bottom guy? Always thought you liked the bottom. Doesn't matter to me either way I'm versatile.

So what's the first thing you guys and gals are going to do after you take it out of the box and set it up? I'm going to download Speedtest and check my LTE speeds.

I'm also going to download as many widescreen apps as I can. I'd like to avoid the black bars as much as possible.

Top Bottom