• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 5

NYR

Don't people buy cases for their phones? Pretty hard to scuff it when its protected. Unless you're one of those people who leaves it bareback for extra pleasure... i mean, so that other people can see you own an iPhone.
Cases actually cause more scratches. They trap dirt and dust and when those trapped particles rub on a surface, they lead to scratches.

All a case does is help you from being a clumsy oaf. If you are dropping your phone, you deserve the consequences, IMO.

Vyer

Cases actually cause more scratches. They trap dirt and dust and when those trapped particles rub on a surface, they lead to scratches.

All a case does is help you from being a clumsy oaf. If you are dropping your phone, you deserve the consequences, IMO.

Are you just scuffin my chamfer, or are you saying you have never dropped your phone?

cnizzle06

Banned
Like what Josh had to say and I share the same sentiments.

Everything is there in one awesome package. It's the stale ios that is making me think twice.

I find it funny how the scuffs are being blown off when Apple is usually praised for their great design, excellent build quality, extreme lengths Apple goes through to design the engineering behind the product, beautiful products that shouldn't be put in cases.....

Tabris

5 more hours until I line up in Vancouver! Anyone here see the line up in any of the stores in Vancouver and if so, how bad is it?

squicken

kind of lame. ordered on 14th. got delivery date of 21st email. nothing since. internet says if you aren't in the first wave it's another two or three weeks. can't figure how these were allocated. ordered well before others who have delivery on 21st

cnizzle06

Banned
I find it funny how the scuffs are being blown off when Apple is usually praised for their great design, excellent build quality, extreme lengths Apple goes through to design the engineering behind the product, beautiful products that shouldn't be put in cases.....

Yeah, it's disappointing. I know I'm being overly critical, but even some of the shots in the verge review video made it look like a shoddy paint job.

6N8aQ.png

I'm less worried now that it seems like it takes some serious scratching to cause scuffs.

Yeah, it's disappointing. I know I'm being overly critical, but even some of the shots in the verge review video made it look like a shoddy paint job.
WTF that looks fine to me. Exactly how closely do you plan to stare at the side of your phone? LOL

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone sold a phone on Gazelle? Was the process easy? Also, do I take my sim card out? I'm not clear on how that works when selling a phone.

Flo_Evans

Recon mission - 00:05 local time.

4 cars outside store.

Rolled through slow jammin' Jay-Z.

Got the stink eye.

Going back to warm bed for a few hours.

I'm less worried now that it seems like it takes some serious scratching to cause scuffs.

Where was it determined it takes serious effort? Given how many phones are scratched already, I don't think that's the case.

WTF that looks fine to me. Exactly how closely do you plan to stare at the side of your phone? LOL

You don't see the uneven coloring below the black line?

Btw the black plate gels better with the rest of the phone than pictures suggest. I've taken some shots with my 4S but they don't do it justice. It looks lighter in shot but it really is monolith like.

As with most things Apple using it in and having it in your hand makes the difference.

The entire frame apart from the glass parts is the same color. Even coming from a 4S everything is instant and so snappy.

It's not one specific feature over another - it's really just the iPhone distilled in its purest form. If you already love it this will do your head in. The old phone feels like a brick.

Okay I've asked this question a few times but I dont think I received an answer

I have a 16GB iPhone 4S. So I'm about one year into my Verizon contract. Would I get any sort of discount on a new iPhone?

Fjordson

Mum was at the Apple store today to pick up an iPad, told her to ask the person helping her what the realistic chances are of someone getting a 5 this week without a preorder. He said "honestly, I've been told we're getting a surprisingly large stock in, so if he's here early tomorrow..."

I'm so tempted, but it seems like wishful thinking. The line is probably already huge with people camping out.

Okay I've asked this question a few times but I dont think I received an answer

I have a 16GB iPhone 4S. So I'm about one year into my Verizon contract. Would I get any sort of discount on a new iPhone?

Nope. I just checked my upgrade eligibility on the Verizon site. I am about 18 months into my contract and have to wait another two weeks before I am eligible.

subrock

The verge review is pretty jaded. 6 steps to open private browsing is one of your talking points? Does secret masturbation really rule that much of your life?

bonesquad

Btw the black plate gels better with the rest of the phone than pictures suggest. I've taken some shots with my 4S but they don't do it justice. It looks lighter in shot but it really is monolith like.

As with most things Apple using it in and having it in your hand makes the difference.

The entire frame apart from the glass parts is the same color. Even coming from a 4S everything is instant and so snappy.

It's not one specific feature over another - it's really just the iPhone distilled in its purest form. If you already love it this will do your head in. The old phone feels like a brick.

I actually liked the solid, brick feeling of iPhone 4:)

Since you have yours already and ran a few speed tests, you need to do a scratch test next. Put your brand new phone in a bag with a bunch of coins and your keys. Shake for 15 minutes, and then report back your findings.

LordCanti

Use ebay instant sale guys, the only questions it asks are "Do you have the charger" and "Does it work".

This is what I'm doing.

I still have questions like "do they want my earbuds" and "do I take the sim card out" but I can't find the answers. I plan to do a few comparison shots before packing my baby off for the long trip to some other person.

Latest asking price for a 4s 16 gb is $240 though

Ouch, yeah, they've gone way down. I have an offer of $200 for my IP4 16gb from last week, and now it's down to $140. Supply and demand I guess.

Odds of them telling me my immaculate IP4 doesn't meet their requirements, and that they'll only give me $140?

I actually liked the solid, brick feeling of iPhone 4:)

Since you have yours already and ran a few speed tests, you need to do a scratch test next. Put your brand new phone in a bag with a bunch of coins and your keys. Shake for 15 minutes, and then report back your findings.

Yeah I'll get right on that. For um research.

Btw this feels more solid whilst feeling lighter if that makes sense at all. It really is incredibly engineered

The first scratch I get on this masterpiece is going to sting so much. Please don't be true Scuffgate.

gatti-man

just cruised by my local AT&T. not a soul there. God I love living in a rural town where no one gives a shit about tech. Time to catch some sleep.

This is what I'm doing.

I still have questions like "do they want my earbuds" and "do I take the sim card out" but I can't find the answers. I plan to do a few comparison shots before packing my baby off for the long trip to some other person.

Ouch, yeah, they've gone way down. I have an offer of $200 for my IP4 16gb from last week, and now it's down to $140. Supply and demand I guess.

Odds of them telling me my immaculate IP4 doesn't meet their requirements, and that they'll only give me $140?

Don't give the headphones, and take out the sim card.

'To speed up the process and give yourself peace of mind, please remember to remove any passwords and delete ALL personal information from the items you're shipping. We will immediately delete any personal data upon receipt. If you're sending a Sprint, Nextel, or Verizon device, please be sure to remove the phones from your accounts and pay any outstanding balances. Finally, don't forget to remove any memory chips, microSD cards, or SIM cards before sending your items in.'

LordCanti

Don't give the headphones, and take out the sim card.

'To speed up the process and give yourself peace of mind, please remember to remove any passwords and delete ALL personal information from the items you're shipping. We will immediately delete any personal data upon receipt. If you're sending a Sprint, Nextel, or Verizon device, please be sure to remove the phones from your accounts and pay any outstanding balances. Finally, don't forget to remove any memory chips, microSD cards, or SIM cards before sending your items in.'

I...I'm going to scratch the hell out of the thing trying to remove the sim card. :/

Thanks.

knicks

Seriously.....I mean I am looking at my 4 closer than I have ever looked at it before. There are marks there that I never even realized were even there....

Seriously.....I mean I am looking at my 4 closer than I have ever looked at it before. There are marks there that I never even realized were even there....

The band on the 4 is light in color, so scuffs and scratches don't stand out. The iPhone 5 black is dark in color with light color scuffs and scratches. It stands out more.

Top Bottom