• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 5

Zaph

The Verge trying to be as uncontroversial as possible with their 8.8 zzzzzz
Scoring is the worst thing about The Verge.

I don't like the 100 point scale to begin with, but what makes it worse is almost everything ends up as a 7.x or 8.x.

They're essentially the video game reviewers of tech.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
The one further down. Its a Big verizon store on the corner of water and wall. And on the other corner is ATT, and next to it is Sprint.

Man I hate tourist. Blocking my roads all the time.

Yep, and there's fuck all to see in the area outside some olden buildings and Battery Park, i suppose. the old Fulton is a mall and tourist trap, and the other important bits of FiDi are covered by metallic and concrete moats manned by dozens of police officers.

The first day I discovered an express bus to bring me home and avoid the crush of people on the4/5/6 was the happiest of my life.

Futureman

Verge says best mass market phone. Topulsky clearly prefers Android at this point.

Is that photo above with all the boxes all iPhones??

Kaladin

QmzJJ.jpg

That's a damn quick trip from Kentucky to GA....either that or someone forgot to scan things again which is typical UPS around these parts.

X-Frame

I'm having second thoughts now if I want to try and keep the phone restively scuff-free without AppleCare+.

I might want to get it, and then in a year or so cash in ($99 + $50) and get a new phone to resell.

Since my phone is will out for delivery, do I have time to buy it online somewhere or do I need to call?

notsol337

marked forever
I'm having second thoughts now if I want to try and keep the phone restively scuff-free without AppleCare+.

I might want to get it, and then in a year or so cash in ($99 + $50) and get a new phone to resell.

Since my phone is will out for delivery, do I have time to buy it online somewhere or do I need to call?

If I understand it right, if you don't get Applecare+ at the time of purchase you have to make an appointment at an Apple store to have someone verify that your phone is in pristine condition before you can buy it. I also know that if you get a replacement phone you have to ship the old one back to them.

I don't even know what I'd do with an extra row of apps :p

Whatever you want! :D

notsol337

marked forever
I just want them to fix the maps issue. My Mom is pretty mad that she updated her 4S to iOS 6 because the phone was her primary navigation tool, and it's pretty inaccurate now.

Cyport

Just been to the Orange shop, i live round the corner from one.

Staff were terrible! Wouldn't help and just said wait for the text. I explained that the email I got was strange and that I have not heard from my emails to them. Made no difference and just said sorry.

Kreven

Just got my iPhone 5. =D

Anyone heard if SIRI can still be activated with the proximity sensor? I really can't get it to enable when I put the phone to my ear. It worked fine on 4S...
Never mind, just noticed that it was disabled in the option by default.

Where is the proximity sensor now anyway? I can't even see it... Is it using the camera only now?

k3yring

Went up to Best Buy this morning to pick up my pre order turns out
they didn't get any 32gb white for att the wait begins I guess.
They also said they had none of the models for sprint.

Seth C

Despite the change in UPS delivery estimation, my black 32GB iPhone 5 has arrived and is being restored from backup. It begins its life scuff free.

Carlisle

Still haven't been charged for my order... guess I missed this boat even though I put in an order with my ATT business rep the day before preorders went public. That's life I guess. I wonder when I'll get it though....

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
My preorder changed from processing items to preparing for shipment this morning.

I ordered 7am pacific last Friday and was given the ominous "2 weeks"

bumpkin

Uh oh... My wife went and pre-ordered both of our iPhone 5's (one black, one white) the morning that stores started taking orders, was first in the line to reserve 64GB models, confirmed the next day that the pre-orders were done correctly -- the clerk I guess initially messed up and did two blacks but fixed it -- and we were assured we'd be good to go when they got the shipment. So I get up this morning, excited about getting my new iPhone today, only to see an email from Best Buy which says:

Best Buy has not received enough of the specific model phone you ordered, and we will not have it available on launch day.

The fucked up part is the email references an order number which doesn't match the order number on either of the receipts we have. Guess I'll have to call 'em when they open and inquire and/or lay the smack down.

VoxPop

Haha it was funny seeing blocks and blocks of people waiting on line for it outside the Apple Store on my way to work. Mine will be delivered today!!

They all looked so genuinely happy though :)

Uh oh... My wife went and pre-ordered both of our iPhone 5's (one black, one white) the morning that stores started taking orders, was first in the line to reserve 64GB models, confirmed the next day that the pre-orders were done correctly -- the clerk I guess initially messed up and did two blacks but fixed it -- and we were assured we'd be good to go when they got the shipment. So I get up this morning, excited about getting my new iPhone today, only to see an email from Best Buy which says:

The fucked up part is the email references an order number which doesn't match the order number on either of the receipts we have. Guess I'll have to call 'em when they open and inquire and/or lay the smack down.
It seems Best Buy is firing off those emails to a lot of people. I do't think your experience has much to do with it. As posted above, my Pops was first in line, first to preorder, and still received that email.

Top Bottom