• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 5

Flo_Evans

In and out!

They had no 64GB black so I got a 32.

NO SCUFFS.

Some slight blemishes around the antenna bands. I'm ok with this. No case.

This this is awesome...

Not getting cell data yet though, I need to feel the LTE through my veins

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Our office's shipping/mail room just called and they got my phone. Bringing it out to our building around 10!
3AQmK.gif

Anyone who ordered from Best Buy really ought to know better by now. Oh well I doubt they will be around next year to fuck up the next launch.

Kaladin

I'm not going back pages to see if this was posted before, but I'm watching The Verge video review, and at 4:10 they zoom in and focus on what appear to be scuffs around corner of the phone.....

bHtT0.jpg

In the end I went black because it just looks better to me and I don't want to settle because of some lame anxiety about it. If it turns out to be a real problem I'll return it.

That photo above belongs on MacRumors, not a site frequented by sane and rational people. Look at how close that's zoomed in, the tiny imperfections visible there would never be noticed in normal use. I'm OCD about gadgets and even I LOL at that one.

CrankyJay

Banned
Regardless as to whether Best Buy took more orders than they were due phones, or if Apple under-delivered, people waking up to e-mails on launch day telling them they're screwed is poor form.

You'd rather have people show up at Best Buy and leave empty handed?

CrankyJay

Banned
I'm not going back pages to see if this was posted before, but I'm watching The Verge video review, and at 4:10 they zoom in and focus on what appear to be scuffs around corner of the phone.....

bHtT0.jpg

Do people usually hold the phone at that angle that close to their face? =P

X-Frame

Someone on MacRumors recommends car wax on the aluminum parts of the phone then buffed out to prevent scuffs. Could that work? Haha.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
You'd rather have people show up at Best Buy and leave empty handed?
Giving people a bit of notice wouldn't have hurt. They would have received their phones yesterday. They chose to e-mail people overnight (or not at all), leaving a lot of people high and dry and with no choice but to wait.

CrankyJay

Banned
How about getting the same email a day in advance and not on launch day? For a retail chain, they probably knew in advance but decided to send the email exactly on launch day.

Problems with shipments happen...

If you order something from Amazon and it doesn't arrive when you expect it, is that your fault?

artist

Banned
Problems with shipments happen...

If you order something from Amazon and it doesn't arrive when you expect it, is that your fault?
Uhh..

This is not Papa Joe we're talking about.. It's a boatload of iPhones and even a delay if 1 day would have been known by them, considering all the extra prep work thy got to do in-store.

Also if you paid attention, people are upset the way BestBuy has handled this, not why the delay happened.

Dartastic

AHAHAHAHAHA I forgot about that. :p

I'm in line at the AT&T store on MLK and Broadway in Portland. One more hour... Yay! Friend of mine just got here and went to the end of the line, about 30 people deep. He might not get a phone. I told him to get here earlier...

CrankyJay

Banned
Uhh..

This is not Papa Joe we're talking about.. It's a boatload of iPhones and even a delay if 1 day would have been known by them, considering all the extra prep work thy got to do in-store.

I think people are just upset they won't have their phone day 1 more than anything. I get it...just need to exercise some patience. It's just a phone.

Mine just arrived :) Unfortunately, I had to leave for work, but I'll be setting it up at lunch.

This will be my first time activating an iPhone at a computer other than my regular one. Will I have any problems because of this?

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning

bHtT0.jpg

jesus christ. this is what people are bitching about?

Mine just arrived :) Unfortunately, I had to leave for work, but I'll be setting it up at lunch.

This will be my first time activating an iPhone at a computer other than my regular one. Will I have any problems because of this?

No, because you don't need a computer to activate it ;)

jesus christ. this is what people are bitching about?

no, it gets straight up silver-y and along the screen.

Crimmy

Call them. My RadioShack got our att preorders yesterday, and there was a company wide communication that we would get those on September 20th. It's probably sitting in their backroom all pretty right now!

Just got off the phone with them. He says "Yours did not come in yet. It should be in this week." What the heck does "This week" mean? This week is already over. He said there were some that came in but "not yours." Pretty corny if you ask me but I guess at the end of the day its just a phone. Im just hoping I get it soon because they made me get a 50 dollar radio shack gift card and I NEVER shop at radio shack.

BFIB

I have my S3, and I do love the phone.

But I'll admit, one of the things I loved most about my iPhone was launch day. Its like N64 kid at X-mas all day long.

Top Bottom