• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 5

malfcn

Holy shit, they opened up like 30 new iPhone 5s, each one had scuffs. In the end people took the scuffed phones and got free AppleCare from the store.

659772093.jpg

Eating and unboxing :D

That sounds cool.

I don't get why they should be worried about hitting there caps just because they are LTE. To me it just means they are getting the data faster and more reliable. If they currently aren't hitting the caps, as long as they don't change they consumption habits they shouldn't have a problem no?

It's not exactly beyond the pale to suggest that faster, more reliable service encourages greater consumption.

Rayman Jungle Run runs at 3GS res on iPhone 5. Not even Retina.

I hope this isn't a common bug that other Retina apps have. Ugh.

Ugh, what. I just bought that.

Did a speed test and got 21 down and 14 up. I'm on AT&T in the Indianapolis area.

I'm pretty impressed because the download speeds are way faster and the upload speeds are way way faster than my home network using Comcast.

spink

had mine for 12 hours and the home button is already fucked.
it had been fucked on my 4 for over 6 months but my jailbreak let me work around it.

pain in the ass

andycapps

I don't get why they should be worried about hitting there caps just because they are LTE. To me it just means they are getting the data faster and more reliable. If they currently aren't hitting the caps, as long as they don't change they consumption habits they shouldn't have a problem no?

When something works better and faster, you tend to use more of it. I'm not saying everyone's going to instantly go over, I'm just interested to see how data usage increases. I'd guess if the carriers release data on that, that you'll see a pretty big spike starting today.

tmdorsey

When something works better and faster, you tend to use more of it. I'm not saying everyone's going to instantly go over, I'm just interested to see how data usage increases. I'd guess if the carriers release data on that, that you'll see a pretty big spike starting today.

Sure I can see that, but they did increase the cap so maybe that will offset it. I guess in my case I don't really see my data usage increasing much when I'm not on Wifi.
I may be wrong though

Out for delivery! How's the AT&T LTE in Phoenix?

Btw all these posts had me thinking how 10 years ago if you purchased an apple product people scoft at you for investing in a dying company.

jcm

I'm getting about 20/10 on AT&T LTE in Washington, DC, using the speedtest.net app. It's basically the same speed as my 5Ghz 802.11N wifi on Comcast. I think I may need to upgrade from my 250MB plan.

Rayman Jungle Run runs at 3GS res on iPhone 5. Not even Retina.

I hope this isn't a common bug that other Retina apps have. Ugh.
Called it. I've posted in other threads about the whole "letterboxing" not going to be 100% perfect and bugs will happen, and people were calling me out on "apple wouldn't let that shit fly", even though the exact same thing happened when the 4S and iPad3 launched (ChuChu Rocket rendering as if the device is only 480x320).

Expect to see a rash of updates for a ton of apps as people see how their apps now perform on 5.

Kaladin

So I got my iPhone and it scared me at first because I could only get 3G. I called the local Verizon store to confirm that the LTE is on here, and they told me to try a soft reset to get it to show up. I did and it's working fine.....just an FYI for anyone that gets the same.

If anybody is planning to return an out of the box scuff, they should try to test if they can easily lightly scratch the metal with a key. Not so much to make them question returning it. I am curious if the out of the box scuffs are due to manufacturing or due to the coloring coming off easily.

Top Bottom