• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 5

Crimmy

It will be there labeled store in the middle of their receipt. I want to check their inventory vs. the number of preorders.

Hey just wondering if you had any update on the inventory vs pre orders. 011631 is the store # incase you still needed it.

Ahhhhhhhhh I'm iphone 5-less. I wanna be apart of the 'Cool' Crew :-\

Oxn

This sucks.

I went to a verizon store, saw a line of maybe 20 people during my lunch hour, and decided to go to the next one 5 blocks away.

Nobody there but i already assumed its sold out, and yep its true they said the next earliest arrival is October 18th LOL.

So I decided to go back to the first verizon store, and there was still a line but i noticed it actually went pretty fast.

Had i just stuck it out and waited on line I think I coulda gotten it within my lunch hour.

O well.

These feels gaf, these feels hurt.

Do you know this feel? :(

jHG7sTz9dJ2q7.JPG

that the iPhone dock? there really needs to be an iPhone 5 version soon

Einbroch

Banned
please tell me the process!
It must be updated from another line (I upgraded from my mothers line).

Go to website and click upgrade device. Simply go through the steps. Put in your number, pop out your sim card, etc etc. It'll say you need a new plan. First plan that was available was my unlimited plan. Activated it. Unlimited data.

Hey Marty, are you going to update your amazing Pac-Man wallpaper for the iPhone 5? I'd been using it since you posted it and would love a new version if possible!

Walked into Best Buy at open and got one of the few non-preorder iPhone 5s they'd gotten in. Light, sleek, and with the best screen I've ever seen on anything. This phone is sex.

Naka

UPS just delivered both my girlfriends and my phone. I'm on a conference call on my current iPhone though so I can't do anything. I'm eagerly awaiting to finish so I can start using the 5!

AngryMoth

So, turns out buying a new iphone is an all day affair! Very impressed with the industrial design, now just the agonising wait for my sim card to be activated so I can start using it.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Did WiFi +Cellular fall back feature get dropped from final iOS6 or is this just a feature that didn't make the cut on iPhone 4?

LiK

It must be updated from another line (I upgraded from my mothers line).

Go to website and click upgrade device. Simply go through the steps. Put in your number, pop out your sim card, etc etc. It'll say you need a new plan. First plan that was available was my unlimited plan. Activated it. Unlimited data.

ahhh, people on Macrumors are having so many problems. so it's the Sim card...hrmmmm

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
AppStore must be getting hammered. It would accept my credentials when setting up the phone, nor can I reach the AppStore over WiFi.

Piggus

a bit bulky, no?

I have the ultraslim for iPhone 4 and for my iPad and it's not bulky at all. Probably the best sleeve you can buy for your phone or tablet. Allows you to use the phone naked and keep it protected while not in use. My iPhone 4 is in near-perfect condition and the sleeve has saved it from a couple of drops.

Kaladin

First speed test:

48ms Ping and 7.48MB/s download and 4.82MB/s upload.

This test was done in the library where I work which is notorious for crippling phone services, so I expect it will be better when I get home later.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Launching every App on my phone to check for the new resolution

Yes:
Shazam
Twitter
Readability
Flipboard

Temple Run
Sky Burger

No:
Dropbox
Mint(.com)
1Password
Local Bus Application
Netflix
Air Video
Paypal
Steam
Pocketpedia
RageCam
Google Translate
AppShopper
Picup
Songza

Pocket Planes
Tiny Wings
Ascension
Mr. Oops
Fruit Ninja
QRank
Super Hexagon
Ticket to Ride Pocket
Run Roo Run

Not promising so far :p

subrock

Yes:
Shazam
Twitter
Readability
Flipboard

No:
Dropbox
Mint(.com)
1Password
Local Bus Application
Netflix
Air Video
Paypal
Steam
Pocketpedia
RageCam
Google Translate
AppShopper
Picup
Songza

Review process takes about 2 weeks so its not surprising that they aren't ready yet. Xcode only supported the resolution starting last friday.

Yes:
Shazam
Twitter
Readability
Flipboard

No:
Dropbox
Mint(.com)
1Password
Local Bus Application
Netflix
Air Video
Paypal
Steam
Pocketpedia
RageCam
Google Translate
AppShopper
Picup
Songza

not too bad for day1

andymcc

Banned
anyone else feeling a looseness (makes loud clicking sound when barely pressed on) on the lower right hand corner of the front of the phone?

Jarmel

Banned
I have fucking dead pixels. Jesus Christ.

Can I return this to any AT&T store and get a replacement or do I have to deal directly with Apple.

Tadale

I got a black one for myself and a white one for my wife. Having seen and played with both now, I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Review process takes about 2 weeks so its not surprising that they aren't ready yet. Xcode only supported the resolution starting last friday.

I guess I sort of assumed Apple had expedited stuff for the launch, but this makes sense. I guess we'll revisit in a few weeks.

anyone else feeling a looseness (makes loud clicking sound when barely pressed on) on the lower right hand corner of the front of the phone?

Just tested mine, nothing of the sort. If you tap near the camera you hear the same sort of rickity wobble you would with the 4S, but other than that the construction feels fine on mine.

Am I screwed? No one will be at my house until 3pm today. Is there any chance I will be able to pick up from UPS distributor?

My tracking still says "leaving local airport"

Let me expand on this a bit.

- In order to support the new resolution, the app must be built against iOS6, which is only in XCode 4.5.

- XCode 4.5 has removed support for armv6, which is required to build against 3G.

- An app which worked on 3G would be at highest, iOS 4.3.2

- A patch for an app cannot "de-support" older versions: if you build an app against iOS3, you can't drop iOS3 support.

A lot of apps will run into this issue, the farther back the app supports, the least likely it will migrate upwards.

Top Bottom